Dr. Stephen A. Mendelson

Grad. Year: 1989

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 28/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. Stephen A. Mendelson has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2418356
06/09/12 5 4 4 5 Dr. Mendelson is very hard to reach because he is so busy. That is really my only complaint. He explained everything very well to us. My son's surgery went well. Couldn't ask for a better doctor. I just wish I didn't have to wait so long on hold to make an appointment. But that's not his fault.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1695180
24/01/12 5 3 5 5 Dr. Mendelson did surgery for hip dysplasia on my 2.5 year daughter. At first, I wasn't sure about him-but as we met more and more our family grew to love him! He did a wondeful job on our daughter and we will continue all follow ups with him. My only complaint is that it is hard to reach his secretary-but probably because he is so busy. Dr. Mendelson is a great doctor and I would recommend him to anyone!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1547132
26/09/11 5 5 5 5 I recently had a spinal fusion done in May 2011 at 19 years old and I have nothing but respect for Dr. Mendelson and the staff at Pittsburgh Children's. They saw me at my worst and treated me the best i have ever been treated at a hospital. Dr. Mendelson is a dr who cares and makes sure he does what is best for YOU, the patient. He did a wonderful job! He is highly reliable!!
RID: 1500924
01/08/11 5 5 5 5 My daughter has spinal fusion 2 years ago. Dr. Mendelson did an excellent job. What a blessing to have had such a talented surgeon combined with kindness.
RID: 1429756
01/05/11 5 4 5 5 He did surgery on my collar bone one year ago and did an excellent job and there have not been any complications.  Respond
RID: 1037976
19/11/09 5 5 5 5 got spinal fusion when i was 8 years old. to this day i go back to see him about every 6 months for a check up. awersome doctor and HIGHLY recomended, in chem class i chose his career for my topic.  Respond
RID: 980381
04/09/09 4 3 5 5 Dr. Mendelson did my spinal fusion for Scoliosis in 2002 when I was 14. Everything went smoothly and I hold him in the highest esteem. I could not disagree more with the comment left about his "surgeon arrogance;" I did not encounter that at all. Highly recommend!  Respond
RID: 954855
05/08/09 4 4 4 5 Very knowledgeable and direct. He does answers questions, but is very busy. I think because he is one of the best. Detailed in his work. My son had a spinal fusion and Dr. Medelson did an excellent job, my son having a neat, streamlined scar. There weren't any complications. The post-op visists have been very informative, he is detailed in his craft and eventhough he has that surgeon arrogance, he is very, very good at doing his job. I highly reccommend him.
RID: 602510
30/05/08 5 5 5 5 dr mendelson did surgery on my son's legs. he has multiple disabilities and dr mendelson was very good with him. did a fine job with the surgery. would recommend him highly