Rate Dr. Phillip G. Lindsay

Dr. Phillip G. Lindsay's Ratings

Saw him for depression numerous times, was given five meds with no results. He seemed unconcerned. Eventually convinced him I had ADD so I could get some legal speed from him, it wasn't hard and I think he knew I was lying anyway. If you are "doctor shopping", I recommend him, since I think he and his staff are only in it for the cash anyway.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2441239].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Throughout my life, I have been treated by 8 different psychiatrists. Five of them were abysmal, one wasn't bad, & 2 of them were absolutely amazing. The latter 2 were Dr. Lindsay and Dr. Frederick B. Davis. Because I am a 20 y/o with a variety of psychiatric conditions, almost all of which are helped most by "easily abused" meds, most psychiatrists dismiss me as a drug-seeker/liar, and severely under-medicate me. Dr. Lindsay was extremely understanding, and had no problem rx'ing me large amounts of Adderall, benzodiazepines, Ambien (in addition to several other meds w/ a low abuse potential). Dr. Lindsay is pretty $$$, but IMO, I'd rather pay more for superior care. If you're looking for someone that you can discuss your emotional problems w/, you would be better off seeing a psychologist, as Dr. Lindsay is an M.D. who treats with biochemical imbalances that are manifested as psych disorders with medication, NOT a counselor who solves emotion-based problems through talk therapy/CBT!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1082966].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2012

I think he suffers from hearloss since he didn't seem to understand my questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1082965].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012

Dr. Lindsay is one of the best psychiatrists there is. He has many years of experience treating paients and has by far the most knowledge about prescribing medications. I am so grateful to him for the treatment he gave me and probably would not be alive were it not for him. You will not find a better more caring psychiatrist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1082964].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2011

This office is the worst I have ever seen. They dont even disguise that it is all about the money. He accepted me as a new patient in Oct and has insisted on seeing me every 3 weeks. He wont even give me a three month dose of medication. He knew he was retiring in Dec and its just gross that this office is trying to squeeze every nickle they can. Beyond that he probably should have retired years ago. He is forgetful abd clearly too old to perform his medical duties. Enjoy your life in AZ doc. Thanks for nothing

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1082963].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr Lindsay's for over 16 years. He made me feel at ease the very first time we met back in 1995. Dr Lindsay is very professional, friendly and has always shown a genuine interest in how I'm doing. Dr Lindsay is retiring in December; he will be greatly missed. I wish him and his family all the best in the years to come. Greg G.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1082962].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2011

They only care about your money. Dr Lindsay didnt even know my name multiple times, pulled out some other persons chart and tried to give me their medication prescriptions. He is only concerned about getting you out the door and getting another patient in. They also will not call the pharmacy for you and tell you that they have to see you every 3 months, another lie.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1082961].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2011

Dr. Lindsay quickly confirmed my self diagnosis of ADHD and prescribed vyvanse. First stage of low dosage was fine but the second stage had me thru the roof with very bad side effects. His only response was to wait and see and then that I should be taking more. He was unable to determine my window of effectiveness for the drug and unwilling to try alternate medications. He offered no other non-medication alternatives to medication more than to read a book about ADHD. The appearance is that he is simply there to prescribe drugs and only those that are on his "preferred" list.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1082960].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

Dr. Lindsay really helped me ALOT! In fact, he changed my life in such a positive way. He helped me realize that I did have adult ADD and various ways to deal with it. He is a great listener and very non-judgemental in his approach. I am a different person since being on vyvanse. Thanks again!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1082959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2011

Quite skilled at detecting traumatic brain injuries after a night of drinking (and then driving, and then getting arrested). Willing to sign anything quickly and for a modest fee. Excellent physician, very compliant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1082958].votes_count ]]