Rate Dr. Lawrence Grobman

Dr. Lawrence Grobman's Ratings

Waited 90 minutes in the waiting room for our appointment. The staff was extremely rude to me and to other patients in the waiting room. The staff even lied to me! After waiting 40 minutes past our appointment time they told me we were next. Well I saw at least one other patient go in to see Dr. Grobman before us. 50 minutes later we finally saw Dr. Grobman. And let's be honest; the average appointment with the doctor only lasts about 15 minutes which was about the amount of time he spent with us. I told Dr. Grobman how rude his staff was, how they even lied to us and also complained about making his patient wait 90 minutes for an appointment was unacceptable. All he did was apologize. He didn't ask me who was rude or who lied to me; which means he doesn't really care and did not plan on addressing his staff. I agree with other patients who have rated him on this site. He doesn't close the office door - so NO privacy at all and he definitely needs a lesson in HUMILITY. When I asked about the operation that was performed he said "I do 8 surgeries a week I can't remember every detail." Also, at the hospital we asked him to call a family member when the surgery was done and his reply was "I'm too busy, I have other patients to see, have a nurse call you." When I asked the nurse to please call she said "did you ask the doctor?" I replied "yes he said he was too busy and had other patients." The nurse replied "yes that's Dr. Grobman for you, he has 2 surgeries to do and he's too busy to call." Wow, that says a lot about this doctor. Again, he needs a major lesson in humility!

Submitted Sept. 12, 2014 | flag

I reviewed Dr Grobman in July of '13 with a rather poor rating. Although I stand by what my experience was that FIRST day, I have since seen Dr Grobman several times (about 5 or 6) and have had a very different experience. He may not be very child friendly, and, because he's so busy, tends to be very "cut to the chase." But after going to several specialists in the same field, I have to say that Dr Grobman is one of the (if not THE) best in his field. After the first visit, he sensed my hysteria and took the time to explain everything. I chose him out of many to be my son's Dr for several reasons; convenience of office locations, great staff, etc. But the primary reason I chose him is that Dr Grobman is an excellent doctor. I apologize if the previous review leads anyone to believe less than that.

Submitted May 13, 2014 | flag

Getting the appointment was better than with others in his field, but once there I waited almost 2 hours to have my 3 year old seen. Once in, I felt like I was hit with a tornado! He didn't let me explain everything and started to make assumptions; had very little patience for us. For a worried mom with a newly diagnosed child with severe, inner ear hearing loss, he didn't explain ANYTHING and was very un-caring. I just wanted to cry when I walked out. Still left not knowing anything! Waste of time :(

Submitted July 24, 2013 | flag

Very professional, no nonsense -this MD is an expert, an excellent surgeon.

Submitted July 11, 2012 | flag

I wait too long for the review but worth it because I met a doctor who gave me great confidence, I think a doctor knows his profession and I recommend him as an excellent surgeon and a good physician.

Submitted Jan. 30, 2012 | flag

Very knowledgeable and certainly knows what he is doing. Getting an appointment, in for something that needs quick attention is like getting through to the POPE. Nurses answering a phone, and then asking for me to hold on while they get something to write with is totally unacceptable. Wait time once you finally get an appointment is no less than two hours. This is why this country needs a universal health plan.

Submitted Sept. 22, 2011 | flag

Dr Grobman was able to diagnose my son's condition on the first visit where 2 other physicians had failed during multiple visits each. He was very patient and explained the condition fully. He even takes the time to allow me to view what he is seeing and gives explanations.

Submitted May 3, 2010 | flag

After waiting 2 hours and 30 minutes to see this doctor he didn't even bother closing the door of the examination room. There were loud nurses and assistants right outside the room so I had to ask the doctor to please close the door (most doctors close the door to give you privacy and undivided attention). He interrupted me several times, and didn't listen to me when I was describing my symptoms. Needless to say his bedside manner needs major improvement. He did recommend a treatment (more meds) for my smptoms that help out, but had no intention on finding the problem. I went to another doctor that requested additional testing to treat the problem, not just the symptoms. I do not recommend Dr. Grobman.

Submitted July 17, 2009 | flag

i went to see Dr Grobman for the first time today&I found him to be very knowledgeable&friendly&takes the time &effort to explain things to you.Hes very helpful&answers all questions or comncerns you have .

Submitted Nov. 19, 2008 | flag

He's extremely rude and condescending, definitely has a "god" complex. Definitely would not go to him again.

Submitted April 8, 2008 | flag