Rate Dr. Lawrence Grobman

Dr. Lawrence Grobman's Ratings

I reviewed Dr Grobman in July of '13 with a rather poor rating. Although I stand by what my experience was that FIRST day, I have since seen Dr Grobman several times (about 5 or 6) and have had a very different experience. He may not be very child friendly, and, because he's so busy, tends to be very "cut to the chase." But after going to several specialists in the same field, I have to say that Dr Grobman is one of the (if not THE) best in his field. After the first visit, he sensed my hysteria and took the time to explain everything. I chose him out of many to be my son's Dr for several reasons; convenience of office locations, great staff, etc. But the primary reason I chose him is that Dr Grobman is an excellent doctor. I apologize if the previous review leads anyone to believe less than that.

Submitted May 13, 2014 | flag

Getting the appointment was better than with others in his field, but once there I waited almost 2 hours to have my 3 year old seen. Once in, I felt like I was hit with a tornado! He didn't let me explain everything and started to make assumptions; had very little patience for us. For a worried mom with a newly diagnosed child with severe, inner ear hearing loss, he didn't explain ANYTHING and was very un-caring. I just wanted to cry when I walked out. Still left not knowing anything! Waste of time :(

Submitted July 24, 2013 | flag

Very professional, no nonsense -this MD is an expert, an excellent surgeon.

Submitted July 11, 2012 | flag

I wait too long for the review but worth it because I met a doctor who gave me great confidence, I think a doctor knows his profession and I recommend him as an excellent surgeon and a good physician.

Submitted Jan. 30, 2012 | flag

Very knowledgeable and certainly knows what he is doing. Getting an appointment, in for something that needs quick attention is like getting through to the POPE. Nurses answering a phone, and then asking for me to hold on while they get something to write with is totally unacceptable. Wait time once you finally get an appointment is no less than two hours. This is why this country needs a universal health plan.

Submitted Sept. 22, 2011 | flag

Dr Grobman was able to diagnose my son's condition on the first visit where 2 other physicians had failed during multiple visits each. He was very patient and explained the condition fully. He even takes the time to allow me to view what he is seeing and gives explanations.

Submitted May 3, 2010 | flag

After waiting 2 hours and 30 minutes to see this doctor he didn't even bother closing the door of the examination room. There were loud nurses and assistants right outside the room so I had to ask the doctor to please close the door (most doctors close the door to give you privacy and undivided attention). He interrupted me several times, and didn't listen to me when I was describing my symptoms. Needless to say his bedside manner needs major improvement. He did recommend a treatment (more meds) for my smptoms that help out, but had no intention on finding the problem. I went to another doctor that requested additional testing to treat the problem, not just the symptoms. I do not recommend Dr. Grobman.

Submitted July 17, 2009 | flag

i went to see Dr Grobman for the first time today&I found him to be very knowledgeable&friendly&takes the time &effort to explain things to you.Hes very helpful&answers all questions or comncerns you have .

Submitted Nov. 19, 2008 | flag

He's extremely rude and condescending, definitely has a "god" complex. Definitely would not go to him again.

Submitted April 8, 2008 | flag