Rate Dr. Lillian Szydlo

Dr. Lillian Szydlo's Ratings

I found Dr. Szydlo to be condescending, dismissive and just a bad doctor. As I began to explain my symptoms to her, she stopped me and said I had fybromyalgia. She hadn't examined me and she didn't let me finish. As I tried to continue she touched the pressure points, two of which I responded to and said, "Yes, I was right." She told me to do stretching exercises and take Alleve. I asked her if she would do bloodwork to check for RA and she said that it wasn't necessary. I was in so much pain and so frustrated that I called my internist from the car for help. I ended up at USC with Dr. Glen Ehresmann. Turns out, after a full exam and bloodwork, I have UCTD. Dr. Ehresmann is so kind, compassionate and brilliant. WIth his help, my pain is manageable and my daily activities much improved. All Dr Szydlo needed to do was listen and send me to the lab in order to properly diagnose me but she couldn't be bothered.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2099194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

Dr Sydlo was one of the most attentive intelligent and thorough physicians I have ever seen.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2099193].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

Dr. Szydlo is a very caring & knowledgable doctor. She has a great bedside manner, & actually listens to YOU!!!! She is very knowledgeable about Fibromyalgia as well as very patient & a kind human being who actually cares about her patients. On my first visit with her, she spent almost 2 hours with me !!!! (That just about never happens with most doctors!!!)I would highly reccomend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2099192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2008

Dr. Szydlo spent time with me and then told me that there was nothing wrong. My symptoms were intermittent at the time and she said they were probably stress related. I asked if she wanted to do bloodwork and she said that there was no need. She was dismissive. My primary sent me back to her again a year later at which time her diagnosis was Fibromyalgia. Still no bloodwork. I have since been diagnosed with RA. Had she taken the time or been humble enough to listen and open her mind, I would not be so far along in the disease and would have had a chance at stopping the destruction to my joints and the pain I will now always live with. I hope anyone reading this will move on to another doctor. USC has a great Rheumatology staff. Be a better advocate for yourself than I was.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2099191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2008

Dr. Szydlo is the best! She is kind, caring, and compassionate. She takes an extremely thorough history--in my case well over an hour. After my visit she also reviewed all of my extensive medical records in detail to figure out the best course of treatment for my condition. She does not take any short cuts and diagnosed a rheumatological condition that was previously misdiagnosed by my previous rheumatologist. If you need a top notch rheumatologist who truly listens and cares then you need to see Dr. Szydlo as they don't come any better. Unfortunately, she is extremely busy (for obvious reasons) so you may not be able to get an immediate appointment but it's well worth the wait to see her!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2099190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2007

She is AMAZING!! She actually sat and spoke with me for 1 hour and genuinely was caring and was going to figure out what autoimmune system disorder that I have been dealing with for 2 1/2 years. She is the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2099189].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2007

She is the first doctor who diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. She believed sincerely i was in lots of pain and that it was not something in my mind. She tried to find the best medication (although these is no treatment for Fibromyalgia yet) to relieve the symptoms and if not removed the pain entirely, at least allow me to have almost a normal life. She is also very sensitive to patients and that is a rare value!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2099188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2007

She is very calm, patient and very good listner. She takes her time to nswer all questions and have a very good knowledge and experience. She treated my Lupus (Immnune System Desease) with care. She is amazing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2099187].votes_count ]]