Dr. Richard C. Kaiser

Rate Dr. Richard C. Kaiser

Dr. Richard C. Kaiser's Ratings

I saw Dr. Kaiser weekly for several years, during which time he put me on several antipsychotic medications meant for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, neither of which I have; I actually suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder from having been an incest and torture survivor. After years of seeing me regularly, he confessed he knew nothing about PTSD. He did not listen; he continued to suggest church groups and anti-dreaming medication even though I told him numerous times that I did not want to join a church group and that I did not have nightmares anymore. I even had to resort to printing out these wishes in large black lettering for him to put in his file, yet the next week I visited him, he still asked me if I wanted to join a church group and take anti-dreaming medication. After all the pain I spilled out to him every week, he told me I only wanted to kill myself to hurt others. Each time a pharmaceutical representative would visit his office, he would prescribe whatever medication the rep had presented to him, even if I had only been on the previous medication for two weeks. The best thing I ever did was to stop seeing this person. PTSD is an anxiety disorder, not a psychotic one, and yet he insisted on putting me on every antipsychotic medicine any representative pushed on him. The side effects of these medications, which I should never have been prescribed in the first place, ranged from painful jaw clicking and debilitating nausea and vomiting to lactating even though I have never been pregnant. I am now off psychiatrists and on the correct medication and am doing fantastic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2659194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2014

Very understanding and compassionate..Listens to his patients and is very helpful

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][358713].votes_count ]]