Rate Dr. Caitlin Huckell

Dr. Caitlin Huckell's Ratings

Met Dr. Huckell for my first pregnancy and I couldn't be happier. She is an extremely knowledgable doctore who takes the time to answer all your questions without rushing at all. The wait time was always less than 15-20 mins which is negligible considering the fact that she is a specialist. Not a big fan of the receptionist but if you smile and greet her first, you can expect the same back. I will definitely be going back for my next pregnancies since I plan on having 2 more kids :)

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014 | flag

Dr. Huckell was most helpful in deed. Cheerful, knowledgeable about my condition spending time explaining my condition. I felt so at ease with her examination. Yes, I had to wait an extra half an hour to which she apologized. She is one busy, busy lady. Her receptionist was most gracious, only looking very tired but she greeted me warmly. Waiting a half-hour for a specialist was nothing; I enjoyed watching all the new babies being wheeled in. Thank you Dr. Huckell.

Submitted June 25, 2012 | flag

I had no problem with dr huckle during my first pregnancy but her secritary is the reason I won't be returning to her. That woman is an absolute witch! She made me cry my first appointment because she yelled at me over the phone (given when your pregnant your quick to tears but I am not a cryer and was not extra emotional at all) I ended up going into extremely preterm labour and was switched hospitals so dr huckle didn't end up delivering by twins but afterwords when my staples were removed I asked to see her for a second opinion because by scar was splitting and extremely sore and her secritary said the obgyn that delivered was very good, if he said it was fine it was. She wouldn't even talk to the doctor which is so unsafe in my opinion! It turned out my family doctor said my c section was extremely infected and split about an inch apart, she said had i been seen they could have stitched it. Now i have a botched stomach. Thanks all wise secritary!

Submitted May 19, 2012 | flag

Dr. Huckell has been my OB through 2 high risk pregnancies and will be my OB during my next pregnancy. I found Dr. Huckell to be worth the wait. She is very knowledgable and calm. She is at her best when dealing with severe/high risk situations and doesn't want to waste her time or yours on trivial problems. As her patient I had complete faith and trust in her and both times I delivered healthy babies. I found her receptionist very busy but helpful and respectful - if you are respectful towards her. I would definetly recommend Dr. Huckell to anyone who is serious about their health.

Submitted April 4, 2012 | flag

Dr. Huckell is a wonderful doctor! I saw her for two high risk pregnancies and she always calmed me and was very patient with me. Her receptionist is very professional and did a great job dealing with many patients everyday and likely many complaints about long wait times. I never waited less than one hour. Dr. Huckell is the rare type of doctor that actually listens to you and does her job without taking careless shortcuts! I wouldn't trade her for anything! Be prepared to wait and be patient or look for a sloppy doctor that is fast. I always smiled at her receptionist and asked her how she was doing and 100% of the time, I would make her smile! I know she's trying her best in a very busy office. If I ever had more children, I would only go to Dr. Huckell! She's great.

Submitted March 9, 2012 | flag

During my first appointment she hardly listened to me & only performed a minor physical. During my second appointment, which I had to pratically beg her rude receptionist for, she did not listen to me again and sent me out of the office. On the third appointment, which I again had to beg for, she refused to treat me and told me she was supposed to send me to a new specialist. I waited for 3.5 weeks for her rude receptionist to even send the referral in, only to find out that Dr. Huckell did not fill out my referral forms properly & the referral was denied. I have been calling for 2 months now trying to find out how they will proceed with my file. I have been treated very poorly and unprofessionally by both the receptionist and Dr. Huckell. On top of all of this, I cannot get a refferal to a new doctor because Dr.Huckell will not send copies of my reports to my gp or other specialists like she is legally supposed to. Doesnt honor her oath as a doctor & leaves patients untreated.

Submitted Jan. 16, 2012 | flag

Sorry that I did not even get the chance to meet Dr.Huckell, because I got my family doctor to refer me to another OBGYN, due to Dr.Huckell having the WORST SECETARY EVER. Very rude, and unprofessional. The manner and tone that the Secetary uses with people is just unacceptable.

Submitted Sept. 6, 2011 | flag

I am very happy with the care provided by Dr Huckell. She took time to go over my test results and explain treatment options. Friendly and professional.

Submitted June 14, 2011 | flag

I was very lucky to recieve a referal to Dr Huckell not long after she came to Surrey. She has provided great care both durring my pregnancy, and as a gynacologist

Submitted March 23, 2011 | flag

Dr. Huckell is an excellent doctor. She answered all of my questions and concerns regarding PCOS and even gave me hope for the future. I expected her office to run late, as most busy specialists are, so I called and asked her secretary how far behind they were running so I didn't have to wait there. They were BOTH very helpful. For everyone who is complaining, think about it this way, there are only 2 female ob/gynes in Surrey. There just aren't enough doctors for the demand of patients!

Submitted Nov. 25, 2010 | flag