Dr. Amy A. Silverthorn

Phoenix, Arizona Map External Link
Gender:F
Specialty:Pulmonologist (lungs)
Website: azpulm.com External Link
Practice: Amy Silverthorn M.D.
Hospital:
Phone:602-274-7195
Med. School:Baylor College Of Medicine
Grad. Year: 1977

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 8 reviews. Dr. Amy A. Silverthorn has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Pulmonologist (lungs)-related: respiratory system, pneumonia, bronchitis, emphysema, asthma, cancer, lung disease, chronic cough, lung cancer, dyspnea, sarcoidosis, pulmonary hypertension, acute respiratory failure, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5670507
22/07/14 5 5 5 5 One of the best doctors I have experienced since I have been in Phoenix AZ. Very kind and helpful staff. God bless Dr. Amy Silverthorn and staff.

14/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.8

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Amy" to "Amy A."
RID: 1695339
24/01/12 5 5 5 5 One of the best physicians I have ever seen. Very thorough, caring, intelligent, down to earth, everything you could possibly want in a physician. Highly recommend if you have any pulmonary issues.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1511421
13/08/11 5 5 5 5 Amongst the most competent, conscientious and personable doctors I have found in any area of medicine. She has been my pulmonologist for approximately 20 years and I have referred many friends and family members who also remain her patients.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1161229
02/05/10 5 5 5 5 Very knowledgeable,thorough, and caring.Very willing to be helpful in all areas; very honest about one's condition.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 1044697
27/11/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Silverthorn first dianosed my asthema problem over 10 years ago. Her very skilled testing, detection & treatment of my ailment has given me many years of relief. Her staff has always been respectful and efficient. I have and will continue to recommend her to anyone with breathing problems. :-)
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 690062
24/09/08 5 5 5 5 I reallly love Dr. Silverthorn! she was very helpful and actually paid attention to my concerns and questions. She was honest and non-judgemental. I will definetly go back to her.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 482734
13/01/08 2 5 5 5 In 2 years of trying to find help, she was able to help me. Everyone on her staff were very helpful, except the employee who handles her 'prescription renewals'. My medication carrier, MEDCO, faxed a request to the person who handles Dr. Silverthorn's renewals and it was never sent back to MEDCO. I called 2 days later, after receiving notice from MEDCO of no receipt of renewal and called Dr. Silverthorn's office and this time spoke directly to the person who handles this, she said it was faxed that morning to MEDCO. Then I received a phone call from MEDCO saying my prescription was canceled due to no reply from doctors office. This area of Dr. Silverthorn's practice was the only area which I thought needed improvement. Thank goodness I called for a renewal while I still had 2 weeks of meds remaining. Otherwise, the staff have always been friendly and helpful and Dr. Silverthorn has always been helpful and knowledgable.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 298536
25/04/07 5 5 5 Excellent Doctor, very skilled and knowledgeable, very attentive, listens to the needs of the patient, takes her time with you and is thorough
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield