Dr. Allan Carroll

Rate Dr. Allan Carroll

Dr. Allan Carroll's Ratings

Awesome DR Both my sons and my nephew see him and he is amazing and so informative!

Submitted Sept. 3, 2013 | flag

I just can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Carroll and his staff! He was wonderful with our very difficult 3 year old and offered us a great deal of insight. This man is SMART, attentive, and thorough. While I am sorry that some of the other reviewers were not as happy with Dr. Carroll as we were, I can't think of one thing negative about our appointment. He walked us through our son's history and helped us to see through his troubling behavior so we can get closer to the cause of his rages. He is not a pill pusher by any stretch but helped to educate us in our decision to medicate our son for his (and our) safety. He spoke in depth about our sons ASD and TS and we left the office with an armful of books and pamphlets and feeling more optimistic than we had in months. Thank you so much to Dr. Carroll and his nurse, Debbie. You are doing a great job.

Submitted May 21, 2013 | flag

We see Dr.C for 3 children. Luckily, new drugs have come out in the last decade that don't have the bad side effects that the old ones did & we see them working. No drugs can fix the disorders but they help make it manageable until the brain develops enough to manage without them. Our children are reaching their full potential now & feel better about themselves. We also do CBT with a psychologist there. Dr. C is a psychiatrist. He is often late but he works crazy hours. One of our children is in the hospital & we see him doing rounds in the early morning & again at 7 in the evening on 4 diff. hospital wards. He sees patients every day of the week except Sat unless he is on call then he is there on Sat too. We have had plenty of emergency visits & he sees us right away. He takes the time to deal with our fears so I do not begrudge him for being late as he is probably helping another family with their crisis. The more I research the disorders, the more I respect & appreciate his methods.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2013 | flag

We found Dr.Carroll to be very pleasant although in our situation I can't say he was very helpful. We took our son to see him on a regular basis for a year,it was a waste of our time. When I phoned him he did not return my calls. Later I found out he had lost all my son's paper work, maybe this is why he never called back. After that we gave up and found help eles where.

Submitted Oct. 25, 2012 | flag

I would not recommend Dr. Carroll for children with ADHD. He is not knowledgeable in this area and did little to help our son beyond trying medications. He did not understand tritration nor was he available to us when the various medications he prescribed had side effects. (His nursing staff is, however, excellent, although very busy.) He was never on time for an appointment and was always running late, but this seems to be a constant with almost every doctor we've ever seen. My biggest regret was that Dr. Carroll knew that our son had ADHD yet did not suggest we put him into the ADHD Clinic at the Glenrose. His final comments to our son were so unhelpful and demeaning that I would not recommend him to anybody I cared about.

Submitted Oct. 19, 2012 | flag

Well I was 7 when I first met him. So because this wasn't my parents area of expertise they took me to see him. With in an hr I was on Paxel or Lithium or Zoloft (there where so many I cant keep track) and shortly after he put me in the Glenrose child Psychiatric ward. He diagnosed me with right brain syndrome, and said I was promiscuous (Which where wrong). Yes, I was 8 by then. 8 and I apparently was a s**t.ha!. Anyway, So I asked and asked "when am I getting out"? He said something mysterious like "when you find a cherry with no seed". Well,that was easy. Regardless,he denied me the right to go home to my parents. My parents got sucked in to his "charm" and listened. I was in there for 1 year and a half. Various meds. After that 3 more times.I had no schooling, I was at kindergarten level till I wit gr 5. What I really have is ADHD.He is a FRAUD! I have since graduated from MacEwan, and am a TRVL agent. Hey Dr. Carroll I'm not a **** like you thougt!(Fraud!Pathetic!Undeserving!)

Submitted Dec. 7, 2011 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Carroll's for a long time. He has been good to me. Friendly manner, genuinely cares for my mental health and never seems rushed. Not just a "pill pusher", he once lowered the dose of a drug I was taking. The drugs he does prescribe actually helps, and he and I talk during visits. Only complaint is that his office staff are hard to get a hold of and you have to book appointments months in advance, but that's a small price to pay for good care.

Submitted Nov. 10, 2011 | flag

Submitted April 8, 2011 | flag

Was so good with my daughter. He took the time to listen and was never judgemental. Extremely knowledgeable and caring!

Submitted Feb. 8, 2011 | flag

i think he has helped my daughter so much to learn about behaivor issues like having an agrument or being rude. she is way way better than she was.

Submitted Dec. 9, 2010 | flag