Dr. Scott Whittaker

Rate Dr. Scott Whittaker

Dr. Scott Whittaker's Ratings

As a Crohn's patient living in the north, Dr. Whitakers care is bar none the best that I have ever had and I have seen more specialists than I care to count. The improvement of my health and living a good life far outweighs the cost of going to see him. I have seen him for almost ten years now. He may not always tell me what I want to hear, but he ALWAYS makes sure I get what I need to have the best quality of life possible.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2014 | flag

I have seen Dr. Whittaker several times over the last few years and had 3 procedures for IBS. Unfortunately I still have IBS, which is very frustrating to say the least. My G>P< has great faith in him, I am looking to find a different gastroenterologist. I don't know how up-to-date he is on alternative methods, as I am on the same medication for 5 years. Dr. Whittaker has not offered any hope of a cure or relief from my suffering. And I have to wait months to get an appointment. I don't think his secretary Jeanie is so fabulous, she must have favourites. He is a competent surgeon, but that may not be all you need for your condition. Surgery-great. Cure-the pits!

Submitted Dec. 3, 2013 | flag

Dial 226 to connect with Dr. Whittaker and avoid the ridiculously long answering machine. Dr. Whittaker and his office receptionist were friendly, however I still haven't determined the cause of my IBS. I've been through multiple tests, but nothing has been identified.

Submitted Nov. 5, 2013 | flag

I recommend go to any other doctor.He looks like he knows everything about ulcerative colitis,but he gives the same medication to everyone,Asacol or steroids,or really bad and toxic pills. He doesn't know about other alternatives,and doesn't mind about your diet of food are you having when you have a relapse. I don't think this is a good Doctor,he doesn't help me too much...

Submitted Sept. 11, 2013 | flag

I had an appoinment with him and I had to wait for an hour in the waiting room and I think he honestly forgot about me. I have high iron and i had to get blood taken out until it reached an acceptable level. Dr Whittacker re-signed the order without checking to see how far down the levels got. i almost had no iron left and still the order was signed. I think he is probably a good doctor but very scattered!

Submitted Aug. 28, 2013 | flag

I find Dr. Whittaker to be friendly and kind and knowledgeable.

Submitted July 25, 2013 | flag

This doctor isn't as good as everyone says. He seemed okay the first few visits and sounded like he knew what he was talking about but proformed a procedure to see how severe my crohns disease was getting and he found a large blockage in my intestines and let it get to the point I was rushed into royal columbian for emergency surgery and his receptionist is the worst I've ever met. Not impressed!

Submitted June 25, 2013 | flag

Dr. Whittaker is the kind of specialist you want to have on your team. He is clearly brilliant and cares for his patients. His care has changed the quality of my life. He's not a super-touchy-feely guy,no, he is concise, warm and boy, does he know his stuff. If you were referred to Dr. Whittaker breathe easy, you are in great hands.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2012 | flag

He is the best by far. I had two visits now over the years and always found him to be most helpful. Best of all I felt no discomfort whatsoever after or during the procedure.

Submitted Sept. 25, 2012 | flag

Dr Whittaker is my specialist for treatment of Crohns disease. I felt that he was a polite and knowledgeable doctor and trusted his judgment. He claimed that I had "severe Crohns" and prescribed Azathioprine and Remicade. These are very toxic medications which I was very hesitant to take. I took the azathioprine for 6 months and had no improvement of symptoms. I decided that i would not take remicade as I felt my crohns was not as severe as the doctor told me it was. My girlfriend read about over the counter probiotics being good for the digestive system. I began taking them 3 times a day and felt immediate improvement of my symptoms. I wish he, as a doctor, would consider recommending less toxic forms of medications like probiotics.

Submitted March 23, 2011 | flag