Rate Dr. Joel W. Levitt

Dr. Joel W. Levitt's Ratings

Explained everything, very aware of children's fears and addressed that immediately. Surgery and healing went well as predicted. Excellent pediatric doctor.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2014 | flag

My daughter had the tonsils and adenoids removed in July … no problems so far, no complains. Doctor Levitt saw her before the surgery and he was very confident the procedure needs to be done. He is extremely busy and did not spend a lot of time with us, but I did not feel we needed more time. …I expected for the adenoids to be removed and not the tonsils , but Doctor Levitt explained to me why she should also have the tonsils removed and I understood … I did not wait 10 min for the visit, we have been asked to come in almost immediately … At the hospital, everything went very smooth. Renee, the surgical coordinator was extremely, extremely nice …she called me every day after the surgery for almost 2 weeks, including Saturday and Sunday and gave me a lot of advices, answered to all my questions. Overall, I was happy with everything.

Submitted July 29, 2014 | flag

This doctor is horrible. My son had a terrible experience in surgery. Dr has no bedside manner and his surgical coordinator is horrid. The rest of the staff is nice.

Submitted Jan. 11, 2014 | flag

Dr Levitt is by far one of the best doctors I have ever taken my kids to. He is warm, caring and knows how to diagnose a real problem. All three of my children are patients of his and they enjoy going to see him! One of my children had to have her tonsils removed, and not only did DR Levitt do an amazing job, but his staff were very thorough and caring. What a pleasure to have a doctor like this in this day and age. Now, all of my children are happy and healthy thanks to Dr Levitt and his staff.

Submitted June 13, 2013 | flag

When I met him, I told him that my 5 month old baby tugs and rips at her one ear day and night until it bleeds. It's so bad that it prevents her from sleeping. I knew she didn't have an infection because she'd be screaming, not just itchy and uncomfortable. Of course, he checked anyway. As I knew, she was clear. He then proceeded to make sure there was no fluid in them. Again she was clear. Though I was happy to hear this, it left me with no answer. He then said to me with a chuckle in his voice, she's probably just a bad sleeper and wants to be held. Then, proceeded to ask me, "hehe is this your first?" I was devistated! How could he be so condescending?This is an issue I have been dealing with for over 4 months and it hits really hard when a doctor could laugh at you for seeking help as if you are simply board or stupid.He has no time for his patients, doesn't listen, and is completely unprofessional.

Submitted March 19, 2013 | flag

The front desk is horrible. Those ladies clearly do not want to work there. They are rude and just do not care. There is no eye contact. Answers are short and curt. Dr. Levitt, wake up and change your staff. It's very unpleasant going to that office.

Submitted Feb. 14, 2013 | flag

Awful front desk help. Extremely rude and difficult. I've worked at a drs office for years and never experienced something so horrendous.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2012 | flag

This doctor is amazing. He treated our son with amazing care and concern. That was three years ago and now we have to go back because he may need tubes re-inserted. He made the entire process easy and took the time to explain everything. I don't understand the negative comments here regarding Doctor Levitt, he is very professional and treats his patients with care. I can't take any negative comments seriously from people who can't even spell.

Submitted Nov. 12, 2012 | flag

DR. LEVITT IS ONE OF THE BEST ENT I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED! AND THE STAFF IS SO FRIENDLY! AND I HAVE DEALT WITH SEVERAL ENT'S AND THEY ALL JUST PRESCRIBED MEDS FOR MY 5YR OLD SON. I FINALLY FOUND DR. LEVITT AND IT WAS LIKE HEAVEN OPENED ITS GATES! MY CHILD WASNT SLEEPING WELL DUE TO BREATHING ISSUES AND HIS HEARING WAS POOR. TURNS OUT THAT MY CHILDS TONSILS AND ADENOIDS WERE EXTREMEMLY ENLARGED AND WAS CAUSING THE BREATHING ISSUE. DR.LEVITT SUGGESTED REMOVING THEM AND PUTTING TUBES IN HIS EARS AND NOW MY CHILD IS SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT, NO LONGER HAS BREATHING PROBLEMS, AND HIS HEARING IS AT 100%! EVEN HIS TEACHERS HAVE SEEN THE DIFFERENCE. I WOULD RECCOMEND DR. LEVITT TO EVERYONE! HE IS FAST BUT IS EXTREMELY ACCURATE IN HIS DIAGNOSIS AND IS AWESOME WITH THE CHILDREN! THANK GOD FOR DR. LEVITT!

Submitted May 31, 2012 | flag

What ever problem you go with he will suggest you for inserting tubes into your doctors ears. He directly starts with that and staff will take immediately your credit card authorization and schedule for surgery, they say they don't charge anything to credit card but you end up charged for thousends of dollars. Very commericial and poor service. Doctor doesn't even give you time to talk he will say tubes need to be installed and thats the only way.

Submitted Jan. 5, 2012 | flag