You may also like

Rate Dr. Joel W. Levitt

Dr. Joel W. Levitt's Ratings

i was very happy with dr levitt and his staff. they were very helpful and caring.i would recommend him to anyone looking for an ent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2810654].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

A+++! I found Dr. Levitt through an online search for "NJ Top Docs" through several NJ magazine annual issues featuring their picks for top docs based on several elements. Anyway, our teenager complained about his throat and he seemed to suffer more than just the usual video game hangover/ fatigue. Long story short, Dr. Levitt and his office really made an extraordinary effort to make sure our teen was taken care of. The office staff person, Renee, was kind and caring. She followed up before during and after the surgery, conveying instructions and info quickly and carefully. The surgery which done at the outpatient ambulatory center at Short Hills went well and the staff at the center were very attentive. The facility is beautiful and spa-like. Our son was VERY comfortable with Dr. Levitt, his manner is personable and relatable. I feel as if he 'got us' and we have already recommended him to others. I am very glad we decided to go with Dr. Levitt and would again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2806962].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

I am doing this rating based on the unethical and unprofessional staff that Dr.Levitt has working for him. I went today in an attempt to have my son looked at, and after having a mess up from my pediatrician on a referral, they first told me that they would not see me. Then after somewhat resolving the issue, I was told I would have to pay to see the doctor which I agreed to. After he saw over 3 patients who appointments were after mine, the secretary began to tell me what bad insurance I had and in front of the whole waiting room and told me that I would be paying out of pocket. To make matters worse (besides the fact that it is against HIPPA laws which I will address with that agency, is that I pretty much begged for my son who is in pain to be seen and that was of no concern to them. It was all about the money and the worst experience I have ever had a doctors office. I walked out because I would never want my son to be seen by a practice who violates patient privacy in front of other patients, as well as brings up finances before he is even seen. After doing some research, this practice is notorious for illegal billing and apparently money is all they concern themselves with which was loud and clear from the minute we walked in. Completely unethical and immoral!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2750851].votes_count ]]

Submitted March 18, 2015

I have never met a more unprofessional office staff as I have in Dr. Levitt's office. I was seeing Dr. Levitt regarding my daughter who was having difficulty sleeping he asked her to open her mouth and said he needs to remove tonsils and adnoids. We scheduled surgery 4 weeks later. My daughter was having issues with her ear complaining it hurt before surgery and I called the office and classic they said call my pediatrician let us know before surgery what medications she was on they didn't have time for a routine visit on her. They have office rules that they don't tell anyone until they want or need something. When I scheduled surgery they told me the front would look into benefits. I was called 4 business days before surgery and was asked to provide a credit card for "what they thought my payments would be". They would adjust after the benefits were billed. I said ok please send me the predetermination of benefits which would include what they were going to charge to insurance as I was told we can't. I asked why she said its all about the children and then said in the same sentence that if I didn't pay by that Thursday my daughtter would not have surgery on Monday. So I said really did you listen to what you said. They are a tonil and adnoid removal factory, they are rude, inconsiderate and just want the money. Funny the Dr and I had a pre chat at the first visit how he believed that this is great health care just charge more in co pays and people will pay they need medical attention. Never would I recommend and never should you go there. I had actually paid and then they sent me my money back on the Friday before my daughters surgery was scheduled. Go figure.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2748461].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

Excellent Dr. My son had both his tonsils and adenoids removed. We had an excellent experience overall!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2740410].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

My son had his tonsils and adenoids out a couple of months ago. After having three opinions with three different ENT's as whether to do the surgery we decided immediately to go with doctor Levitt as his confidence and experience with cases similar to my sons made us feel as comfortable as we could be. His staff was phenomenal through the entire process pre surgery and post surgery recovery checking in on us frequently and giving advice to make my son more comfortable during his recovery. Since the surgery my son is thriving. He sleeps better at night, eats better, his speech has drastically improved and has seen an increase in weight. We are so beyond thankful to dr levitt and staff and will recommend him to everyone and anyone!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2677146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

Dr Levitt was great explained procedure fully,and the follow up calls were so helpful!! Office was clean and staff extremely friendly!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2523493].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

Explained everything, very aware of children's fears and addressed that immediately. Surgery and healing went well as predicted. Excellent pediatric doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2507790].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

My daughter had the tonsils and adenoids removed in July … no problems so far, no complains. Doctor Levitt saw her before the surgery and he was very confident the procedure needs to be done. He is extremely busy and did not spend a lot of time with us, but I did not feel we needed more time. …I expected for the adenoids to be removed and not the tonsils , but Doctor Levitt explained to me why she should also have the tonsils removed and I understood … I did not wait 10 min for the visit, we have been asked to come in almost immediately … At the hospital, everything went very smooth. Renee, the surgical coordinator was extremely, extremely nice …she called me every day after the surgery for almost 2 weeks, including Saturday and Sunday and gave me a lot of advices, answered to all my questions. Overall, I was happy with everything.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

This doctor is horrible. My son had a terrible experience in surgery. Dr has no bedside manner and his surgical coordinator is horrid. The rest of the staff is nice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1089833].votes_count ]]