Rate Dr. Victoria Bernstein

Dr. Victoria Bernstein's Ratings

In September 2012 I underwent heart surgery for the second time and Dr.Bernstein was my cardiologist on the ward at VGH for the second time round (my first heart surgery repaired an aortic valve in Mar.1997, my second repaired an aneurysm). Both times I found Dr.Bernstein to be an excellent physician;she is an incredibly knowledgeable and professional cardiologist. I found her to be very kind and caring and efficient. I would highly recommend her to anyone-she was extremely interested in my well-being considering me as a "whole" person, not just my cardiac issue.I believe she provided the very best care possible for me and I would definitely entrust my life to her again should the need ever arise. Dr.Bernstein is, in my opinion, one of the best cardiologist I have ever met and I have met many as I was born with a congenital heart condition. She expects the best from her staff, and wants the best for her patients, and that is what I want in a cardiologist.I highly recommend her!

Submitted April 4, 2013 | flag

My mother died while in her care at VGH, immediately following a simple procedure to remove some fluid around her lungs. When she died, my father was in the room. This doctor said "sorry" and walked out. My mother was doing well, was walking, talking and jovial minutes before the procedure. This doctor has been defensive regarding questions about why my mother died and down-right rude when is comes to asking the same question twice. Do NOT have her as your cardiologist. She is the reason my mother is no longer with us. Careless and wreckless doctor.

Submitted March 17, 2013 | flag

I was hospitalized on February 21st for a mitral valve repair. I received the best of care from the minute I entered VGH. Dr. Bernstein was very attentive and took the time to explain things to be. She even took time out of her busy schedule to sit down with my husband to answer his questions and concerns. She, and her staff were truly amazing! You are in good hands if she is your doctor.

Submitted March 15, 2013 | flag

Doctor Bernstein is amazing. I saw her for the first time today. She easier all my concerns. I will definitely go to her again if needed. She was very thorough in explanations and exam. I will recommend her to my friends.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2013 | flag

Dr. V. Bernstein is simply amazing. I have just had open heart surgery and the care she gave me in the hospital was beyond belief. The dictionary does not have the words to describe the compassion and care that I recieved from her. I feel lucky and blessed to have had the priviledge of being her patient. Thank you very much Dr. Bernstein. Tim

Submitted Oct. 15, 2012 | flag

DR. B IS THE BEST!!!!! She is very knowledgeable and has excellent bedside manner (as well as amazing fashion!) High recommendation for this EXCELLENT cardiologist! I hope she never retires!!!

Submitted May 15, 2012 | flag

dr. BERNSTEIN HAS THE REPUTAION OF BEING THE TOP CARDIOLOGIST IN BC I LOVE HER . SHE IS VERY BEAUTIFUL.SOME OF THE REVIEWS ARE SUSPECT ... YOU NOTE THAT SHE DOES NOT DELETE SOUR REVIEWS AS OTHER DOCTORS DO....

Submitted May 4, 2012 | flag

Dr Bernstein saved my father's life, literally. She is now also my cardiologist. I can't say enough about this excellent, knowledgeable cardiologist. She has a soft-spoken manner, is very kind and compassionate. She has kept my dad alive against all odds and has helped me with my issues. And yes, she did poke me in my 'spare tire' playfully and say "Lose the blubber" but it wasn't said in a mean way - in an honest, humorous way and since she is right I didn't get offended but chuckled and said you're right! She cares about patients' health and is serious about the dangers of obesity, when it comes to heart disease (among other potential illnesses). She is doing her job and I didn't find her rude in the least. Her kindness and compassion & caring about my elderly father showed me she cares about the individuals in her care. I will NEVER forget that while the VGH staff doctor muddled about NOT helping my father, she intervened and saved his life. She is the best! God Bless you Dr Vicki!

Submitted April 11, 2012 | flag

Dr. Bernstein is an AMAZING cardiologist. A few years ago, I had an episode of Vagal Atrial Fibrillation (I didn't know it at the time what it was when I admitted myself to VGH and first met her). I have since had 3 subsequent episodes since my first. Dr. Bernstein is a very calming Dr. with excellent bedside manners. I am so happy to have her as my cardiologist. I obviously hope I don't have any more episodes of afib, but if I do, I know I'm in good hands. She is straight up, patient, and listens attentively. She is an incredibly knowledgeable specialist and I have very high regards for her.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2012 | flag

she is a fantastic dr and tells it the way it is she does not beat around the bush and tell you what you want to hear been going to her for 10 years she is the best.

Submitted Nov. 18, 2011 | flag