Rate Dr. Stan Benke

Dr. Stan Benke's Ratings

I was diagnosed with a very aggressive type of Stage IV Lymphoma in the Fall of 2011. Since then, I've had 3 relapses however had it not been for Dr. Benke's quick diagnosis and entry into treatment on the first bout, I would not be here today. My analogy to him regarding cancer treatment....to me it was like being a small, injured bird that just fell out of it's nest into a yard filled with hungry cancer cats. Dr Benke not only put me, the small very sick bird, back in my nest but gave me a fighting chance to get thru my first bout and hit the 3 relapses I have survived since then (and am still here!!!). Dr. Benke is an excellent doctor with an excellent team. Think the world of everyone working at the Jack Ady Cancer Center in Lethbridge. Be very glad you have his team on your team. Regards and Greetings from James Clyburne in Pincher Creek

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2494839].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

Dr Benke has been working with my sister in law, who has Multiple Mylenoma, for about a year now. I have observed some patient feedback personally when I attended a meeting with my brother, Dr Benke, a health care worker and a RN at Lethbridge Regional Hospital. Although the meeting seemed to promise a plan of action and clear steps for the upcoming month or so, treatment did not occur as planned. Adding to treatment for cancer, my SIL has ended up with other infections, collapsed lungs and tremendous pain. The frustrating part of this is that there was no communication to my sister in law or my brother that the plan had been changed and most frustratingly, why! For the most part of the past year this is typical behaviour... NO COMMUNICATION and hospital nursing staff that seem to change treatment whenever another doctor says to. There is little or no vision for how each doctors instructions impact the primary cancer treatment's success. I will file an AHS complaint if needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1090697].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2013

When my Onc/Hem retired I was referred to Dr Benke. I was very impressed on how compassionate and caring Dr Benke and his team are. He was always willing to discuss and answer questions. A very scary part of my life was made tolerable and as pleasant as could be asked. I am lucky to be under his continued care...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1090696].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2012

I am presently seeing Dr. Benke for cancer treatment. He is a great doctor who is qualified, compassionate and supportive to us cancer victome in Southern Alberta.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1090695].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2012

Dr. Benke has what many physicians lack today. He is caring, compassionate, personable, approachable, and sensitive to patients' wishes. He explains diagnoses and treatment options carefully, slowly, and in a way that a patient and their family can easily understand. He is also patient and provides an objective opinion. I am thankful to have crossed paths with Dr. Benke during this difficult time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1090694].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

Dr Benke is very knowledgable and through. He keeps the patient informed and often asks question to insure things are clearly understood. When choices are required, he clearly explains the options. Highly recommended

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1090693].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2011

He his amazing Doctor, he had been very helpful to me and he is great person, he has heart for people.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1090692].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2011

A couple of months ago my wife was diagnosed with leukemia, and the first appointment with Dr Benke was not for two months. Well for two months I worried about my wifes health and even began making preparations for an early retirement. Today I accompanied my wife to her appointment and listened as the Dr explained that she did not have leukemia and that the false diagnosis may have been a result of a course of medication. THIS IS GREAT NEWS! However I was worried sick for the past two months needlessly. This information was available much earlier. Why were we left twisting in the wind for two months escapes me. How about a phone call to calm us down and then a doctor's appointment. I feel let down by Dr Benke and the rest of the system. I am extremely disapointed!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1090691].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2009

I was referred to Dr. Benke by my family doctor for Thrombosis as I suffered a PE last summer. I met with him (and his resident) last fall. I was very impressed with his interpersonal skills and teaching skills. Moreover, I was completely stuneed when I got a personal phone call from him to go over some test results. Very thorough, informative, and easy going personality. Thank you for making me feel like more than just another number!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1090690].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

I have been working in the health field for over 20 years, and have seen many Dr's. Never have I had the great pleasure of watching a TRUE DR. work. My mom and aunt are both being treated by him, and treated better than anything I have seen in many many years. A thank you just some how is not enough, you are a gift to all of us. God bless you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1090689].votes_count ]]