Rate Dr. Kirit Patel

Dr. Kirit Patel's Ratings

My family doctor referred us to Dr Patel and after reading these reviews online and calling into the office I cancelled the appointment and found another Doctor. It is very sad that so many parents have such a negative take on this Doctor. I really hope that he and his staff care enough to make a change because from a prospective patient's point of view It does not look encouraging. It is really hard to not be judgemental under these circumstance, there is an old saying that where there is smoke .... there is a fire. I cannot give a rating but the system is for one so, i will choose 3 for everything to be fair to Dr. Patel.

Submitted Dec. 20, 2013 | flag

Submitted Oct. 3, 2013 | flag

When my son was born I had no choice but to take him to Dr Patel for the first few months, what a terrible mistake. This man has no manners, he is USELESS. When my son was 6 months old, I asked him to check his throat as I noticed he had trouble eating and was becoming feverish the previous day. He told me that he'll check him if my 6 month old son LETS HIM!!!! He doesn't know how to approach a child! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS DR PLEASE.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2012 | flag

Dr Patel has been our pediatrician for 5 years. He has always been helpful. Whenever my children required to see a specialist, Dr Patel has always given us referrals. Whenever I wanted a physical I was able to get an appointment. I am very punctual and so is Dr Patel. He has always treated myself and my children with respect.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2012 | flag

This doctor is very good but he dosen't realize his reputation is being put down by his own staff. Specially one of the receptionist on duty who seem to be made to work without her wish.She speaks so rudly with patient. We complained several times but looks there is no change not sure how can someone doing such a bad job but Dr patel still keeping her on the job. If you request an appointment she gives date on her wish without hearing about the issue and if you are nice enough to call ahead of time to cancle the appointment because you think child is doing good...she would give lecture on why did we book it and why did we not cancle it before as if I could predict my chuld would be doing good on that particular date and time. Doctor there is still time throw her out and your rating will be 5 out of 5.

Submitted April 20, 2012 | flag

unsafe doctor for any child no knowledge of any thing he is not a doctor he is a hitler he does not care about children at all and he sends children to emergency with no means without even checking child ,dr patel sucks,he should be in libya

Submitted March 26, 2011 | flag

Very rude, not friendly at all with either the parents or the child. Does not look like he enjoys his work, never smiles, never says a word while checking your child. Basically goes in and out of the room without giving you any info unless you ask, and even then he give a very quick response or not answer it at all. In conclusion, not someone you can depend on to look after your child.

Submitted Dec. 9, 2010 | flag

Dr. Patel as a pediatrician never checked my baby's growth rate and development. I was breastfeeding solo and when my baby was not gaining a lot of weight I assumed all was well because she was weighed at each visit and he never told me there was any cause for concern. I assumed it was genetic. I was reluctant to ask him questions cos he usually brushes them off anyways. When she was still very skinny at 7 months, I brought it to his attention. He tried to brush it off but I insisted. That was when he flipped through my baby's file and checked her growth chart. He told me that since her 3rd month her growth had slowed down; she was not getting enough milk. He asked me to start giving her formula. I felt very bad that he did not notice this as a pediatrician and I really hope there's no permanent damage. It's clear that he does not check his patient's charts; he just comes in, gives shots and goes out.The only time he asked questions about her development was at 9months check up.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2010 | flag

If there was a rating of O on this site, I would use it for Dr.K.Patel. Not only is he rude, but he is ill-mannered and impatient. These are traits that a doctor dealing with children should not have at all. When my son was crying rather loudly from seeing the needle that he was going to get, Dr.Patel told my husband and I that my son was the worst child he ever saw! If I was a weak at heart woman, this comment would have crushed me. But I knew that the fault lied, not in my son, rather in the doctor who was having a bad day and didn't have an ounce of patience in him to calm a crying baby of 19 months. I would be crying at the top of my lungs too if I saw a scary face like that which never ever smiles and ever talks to the child. I wonder what Dr.Patel was thinking when he chose pediatry as his profession?

Submitted July 14, 2010 | flag

I am 100% agree on all comments as we also had same experience and now thinking to change doctor. And bad thing is that there is no action we can take against this doctor. It would be nice that if we can complain against this type of doctor and just kick his ass from clinic. As what the purpose of having doctor certificate as you cant even guide your patient properly and specially parents who had new born baby and really worried about their child ? its really pity that there is no solution for this issue.......... hey guys we really need to kick this person out from Canada and need to cancel his doctor certificate. I like to add more things as, he always misguide parents by providing incorrect information and encourage for extra vaccine which really isn't necessary for new born kids (eg. diarrhea and vomiting vaccine). We personally believe that this doctor is worst doctor i ever see in my life and never ever recommend to any person in future.

Submitted June 22, 2010 | flag