Dr. Clifford L. Jeng

Grad. Year: 1993

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Clifford L. Jeng has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: do you work with patients with a present hip replacement failure?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5232719
10/03/14 5 5 5 5 Due to nerve damage in my leg my toes became clawed and my ankle was out of alignment. I could barely walk and was at risk for losing my toes. DR. Jeng operated on my foot 3 months ago and my toes are straight and my ankle is as it should be. I am amazed at how well I am walking and I can't thank DR. Jeng enough. Not only is he a great surgeon he was very caring and kind. Thank you DR. Jeng.  Respond
RID: 4729103
02/02/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Jeng replaced my ankle 6 months ago and I am completely pleased. He prepared me extremely well for what I should expect before, during and after my surgery. He answered every question we asked with an explanation that we could understand. Dr. Jeng's gentle manner, evident expertise, quiet confidence, and enthusiasm to relieve my pain have been very reassuring throughout this entire process. I received outstanding care at Mercy Medical Center and the staff was exceptionally helpful to my husband. The surgery was flawless, my recovery as well. My physical therapist said he had never seen such precision in ankle surgery in all of his many years of practice. I sailed through physical therapy and was back to work full time in three months. When it comes time to have my other ankle replaced, I will have no hesitation knowing that I can count on Dr. Jeng, once again. It will again be a very wise decision!! I am most grateful to Dr. Jeng for helping me to walk pain-free again!  Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Clifford" to "Clifford L."
RID: 2779544
20/08/13 5 5 5 5 I would recommend Dr. Jeng and the team at the Institute for Foot & Ankle Reconstruction without reservation. Dr. Jeng is a rare combination of a world class surgeon with a caring and engaging bedside manner. My case was made more complicated by the fact that I was from out of state, but Dr. Jeng and I used email & photos to ensure that my recovery from surgery remained on track for months after the initial procedure. I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Jeng. Had I not, I am not sure I ever would have walked properly again.
RID: 2694029
25/06/13 5 5 5 5 I went to dr jeng in the worst pain he than performed surgery on my ankle but before going under he was the one person who took all anxiety away (I'm 14). He is the reason I am pain free today and I would recommend him to ANYONE!  Respond
RID: 2566368
21/02/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Jeng is an excellent MD. Prior to seeing Dr. Jeng, I had a reconstructive ankle surgery with a different doctor in VA. After the first surgery it never felt quite right. I was suspect of the outcome and a year later was referred to Dr. Jeng. He was very good and meticulous. Spent over an hour with me during the initial consult and determined what needed to be fixed. He explained the what, why, and how of the problem. This instilled all the trust I needed to move forward. The surgery went great and follow ups were just as good as the initial visit. After rehab and therapy, I was running, snowboarding, and able to do things I enjoy again. Hands down, the best doctor/patient experience I've had.
RID: 2513284
27/12/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Jeng was a great doctor. I have had several surgies because of an accident I was in, and Dr. Jeng took the time to time to really figure out what the problem was and how we could fix it. Dr. Jeng is the only doctor that has actually personally called me himself after surgery to see how I was doing. I would highly recommend The Institute for Foot and Ankle Reconstructioin. I had other doctors tell me that there was nothing else that we could do for my ankle before I went to see Dr. Jeng. I am now starting to run thanks to his work!
RID: 2432739
25/09/12 5 5 5 5 I was born with an extra tendon in my left ankle and a very weak joints, which went undetected until i compound fractured my ankle in 2009. Fifteen terrible doctors later, I landed in Dr. Jeng's office. It literally took him two seconds of looking at my MRI's to realize that the other tendon was squeezing my bones to the point of fracturing them. Because I was 14 then he tried his best to avoid surgery, but in the end I had it since then I have had one other operation with him to fix a dislocated ankle. He always dose an amazing job and tries to help my instability and weak joints, which can never be fixed totally
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2420491
08/09/12 5 5 5 5 dr. jeng was straight forward and right on / saved my foot I am able to walk  Respond
RID: 2233833
11/06/12 2 1 2 4 This was the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. Staff was not helpful or understanding. Dr. was not responsive to pain management after surgery and I am still suffering with pain 8 months after surgery.
RID: 1734016
11/03/12 5 5 5 5 Excellent surgeon. Very caring. Answered questions and made sure I was well prepared for my surgery.
RID: 1717333
19/02/12 4 4 5 5 Dr. Jeng was professional, courteous, and honest. I could not have asked for much more in a Doctor for what was a complicated OATS procedure on my left ankle. He went over my options (about four of them) and we decided together that surgery sooner rather than later was in my best interest. After surgery, the checkups were regular and he took a conservative, cautious approach to my recovery. He has been helpful along the way in answering my myriad follow-up questions and helping me understand my limitations going forward on my surgically-repaired left ankle. I would recommend Dr. Jeng and the Institute for Foot and Ankle Reconstruction at Mercy Hospital to anybody needing expert attention to a foot or ankle ailment.
RID: 1684292
12/01/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Jeng is an excellent doctor. He kept me informed at all times. He also went above and beyond to avoid surgery for my injury. What could have been a catastrophic injury with a poor prognosis turned out to be nothing of the kind thanks to his help. Dr. Jeng helped me without bringing narcotic pain killers into the picture too. While it was tough to suffer through the injury, Dr. Jeng and his staff made it the best experience I could ever have expected!  Respond
RID: 1667601
22/12/11 5 5 5 5 Very personable, available, and thorough doctor. Clearly communicates options. When you need real foot/ankle surgery go to Mercy and see a foot/ankle MD (not a podiatrist, which have their purpose, but in my opinion, it's not for major surgery). I had PTTD in both feet, requiring major reconstructive surgery. Both Dr. Myerson and Jeng did excellent jobs (Lauren, their PA at the time was a godsend). I'm sorry for some people who didn't have good outcomes,but sometimes you try your best in very complicated situations and things still don't work out as you would like. Hard as it is when you're in pain, people need to stay objective and check the emotions at the door and focus on the problem's fix.
RID: 1563641
17/10/11 5 5 5 5 Dr.Jeng is truly amazing. I am an athlete and had a torn tendon in my foot for three years and after many unsucessful visits at other doctors, Dr. Jeng was recommended to me. He tried many options to heal my foot before surgery. Because i am a teen he didnt want to operate on me if he didnt have too. However after a stellar mri he was 100% sure he would be able to fix my problem with surgery. Dr. Jeng truly cared and answered all the questions i had. I had surgery 3 months ago and am doing awesome. The staff and nurses were also amazing. They truly cared as well. I am so grateful for what Dr. Jeng did for me. He helped me find my love for sports again and improved my quality of life. I am so grateful to be pain free.  Respond
RID: 1541436
19/09/11 5 5 5 5 I would recommend Dr. Jeng very highly! He is compassionate and warm. He explained all my options (instead of pushing surgery as the only option), answered my questions honestly, and instilled great confidence in me that all would be well. I had been in pain for months from a bone spur in my right foot. The podiatrist had insisted that all I needed was physical therapy to strengthen the right ankle. When the pain grew to be so great that I could no longer walk friends urged me to see Dr. Jeng. He saw the problem immediately and fixed it. (It turned out that the bone spur had fractured into two razor-sharp shards that had dug holes in a major tendon.) Dr. Jeng gave me back not only my mobility but, in many ways, my life.
RID: 1537178
14/09/11 5 5 5 5 I credit Dr. Jeng for saving my foot function after a botched bunionectomy by my first doctor. Dr. Jeng inspires confidence with his manner, warmth, willingness to listen, and skill. In addition, the operating and recovery room nurses were excellent. I highly recommend Dr. Jeng and Mercy Hospital.
RID: 1456702
03/06/11 5 5 5 5 I have had both of my ankles fused by Dr. Jeng. He not only has top notch surgical skills, but also the best bedside manner of any surgeon I have ever met. He took the time to discuss my x-rays and determine the best options for me. In fusing my ankles, he paid close attention to my gait and set them very well to minimize my limp from many years of Rheumatoid Arthritis. While I was in the hospital and in terrible pain, he showed tremendous compassion and worked quickly, making adjustments to my pain management. He also did a great job with the incisions, the scarring is minimal. I am grateful to Dr. Jeng for every pain free step I take. I named my new fused ankles after him. My right one is Baby Clifford and the left one is Baby Jeng! :)
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1342380
20/01/11 5 5 5 5 Great doctor. Fixed my son's football injury. He had 3 butterfly fractures in tibia and a dislocated ankle.
Paid (or co-pay): $2000
RID: 1273191
16/10/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Clifford Jeng is an outstanding surgeon, as well as an great doctor. I suffered from severe arthritis in my ankle. He replaced it and I am able to walk normally without any pain whatsoever. Dr. Jeng is very thorough in his communication with me. He makes sure he answers all my questions and is very accessible if I need to discuss anything. I feel very grateful to have such an outstanding surgeon.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1224106
07/08/10 5 4 5 5 Both Dr. Jeng and the enrire staff of the Institute for Foot and Ankle Reconstruction were always professional and extememly helpful.  Respond
RID: 1185424
08/06/10 5 5 5 5 Completely tore 2 ligaments & fractured my ankle. Had surgery and bone fragments removed by a doctor in Salisbury. Had constant pain & swelling with limited mobility. After a year of dissatisfaction with my surgery, I made the trip to Baltimore to see Dr. Jeng at the Foot and Ankle Institute at Mercy Medical. Dr. Jeng did surgery & I had a wonderful result. The pain was completely gone and the swelling. I could finally walk again without pain!! The surgery was two years ago and I could not be happier!! I would highly recommend Dr. Jeng if you are having foot or ankle problems. He is straight forward, caring and a highly skilled surgeon.