Dr. Michael J. Glassner

Grad. Year: 1984

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 55 reviews. Dr. Michael J. Glassner has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Reproductive Endocrinologist-related: infertility, fertility, reproductive endocrinology, in vitro fertilization, fertilisation
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5614835
07/07/14 5 5 5 5 I am very happy with how everyone at that hospital treated me, they were all kind fI Loved every single person there i can name a few Margie, Shirley, Darea and every single one of the ultrasound techs I was very happy, Dr.glassner was honest and didn't sugar coat anything which I appriciated, his assistant rachael was the best she was very kind and always willing to answer any of my questions that I had. If I could have the same staff and doc deliver my baby I would agree to it in a heartbeat good luck to everyone!! Have faith!!!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 5568034
18/06/14 5 5 5 5 We are so pleased with Main Line Fertility and Dr. Michael Glassner in particular. He treated us with care and with a great sense of humor, as well as a deep understanding of the pain our infertility was causing us. After several visits and trying different drugs and methods, we were blessed with a pregnancy that went extraordinarily well and we now have a happy, healthy three-month-old son. The last year has just been amazing for us and we are so beyond thankful to Dr. Glassner and MLF for the care they gave us, both before and after our pregnancy.
RID: 5407912
21/04/14 5 5 5 5 I can't say enough great things about Main Line Fertility and Dr. Glassner. From the moment my husband and I walked into Dr. Glassner's office, we knew we were in the right hands. His amazing sense of humor and wealth of knowledge was just wonderful. We started on Clomid then moved to injectables with 4 IUI's. After that failed, we took two months off and started IVF. Even though the entire process was overwhelming and stressful at times, Dr. Glassner and his staff were there for us every step of the way. Ultimately this led to my first pregnancy and I just graduated from the office 11 months after our first visit. I've never met a doctor so caring, compassionate and invested in his patients. My husband and I will always be thankful for all that Dr. Glassner has done and we would recommend him to anyone we know. He's the best at what he does and I'm so grateful there's someone like him in this field. And we'll certainly be back for baby number two!  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Michael" to "Michael J."
RID: 2909995
13/10/13 5 5 5 5 We have spent two years trying to have a baby, about 15 months of that time has been with Main Line Fertility. We were originally patients of Dr. Orris, but switched to Dr. Glassner last summer after our first round of IVF failed in July. By the time we met with Dr. Glassner, I was ready to throw in the towel. After 3 chemical pregnancies and a first trimester loss, I was feeling tired and frustrated to say the very least. But our first meeting with him put me at ease. He had clearly reviewed my chart prior to our meeting and provided us with really detailed thoughts about our situation and his recommended options. We decided to go with IVF again in August - and I'm so glad we did, as I'm now pregnant and things are great. We can't say enough good things about Dr. Glassner. He is a wonderful doctor & we'll definitely be visiting him again for #2. We also loved the MLF nursing staff. They were supportive, sweet and helped keep us going during the tough times when we wanted to give up.
RID: 2762835
12/08/13 1 3 3 3 Dr. Glassner is a great doctor who will be upfront and honest about his ability to get you pregnant. He does jump to IVF quickly, but if you do your research and feel that you don't need to be that aggressive, he respects that. I give Glassner a 5 out of 5. His staff, however, gets a 1. If you're able to get past the front desk, the nurses are great. The women that took over the donor egg program are horrendous. In my opinion Main line made a huge mistake filling this role with 2 who can barely walk & talk at the same time. They cost us several hundred dollars unnecessarily because they "forgot" paperwork, including specific tests that are STANDARD. They'll blame their inadequacies on laws constantly changing which is even more pathetic. Not to mention certain women at the front desk are just rude. When spending thousands of dollars you expect to be treated warmly & compassionately. While I think nothing but the best of Glassner, I'll never be recommending MLF because of the new staff.  Respond
RID: 2703176
08/07/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Glassner came highly recommended for the donor egg program. I was impressed by the variety and availability of donors. he sat down with me and my husband and explained the process. He was honest and clear but it was his sense of humor that really made us feel comfortable. I am now pregnant with twins on the first try!The DE team explained and answer questions and returned calls immediately and made sure I was on track with getting everything done. The monitorng team nurses are the best women I have ever had the pleasure to be taken care or by. I have never felt more comfortable, loved and encouraged in my life. They are all kind and many a tear/fear was calmly talked through or explained. Results were discussed in detail and words of encouragement were always given. I never had to wait more than 15 minutes to be seen. Dr. Glassner is a caring and honest man. He answer every question and makes you laugh. I could not have asked for a more incredible doctor.
RID: 2626025
24/04/13 5 5 5 5 I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Glassner and the staff at Main Line Fertility. I first went to Dr. Glassner in 2010 and got pregnant with my daughter after 4 rounds of injectables & IUI. I returned to Dr. Glassner after over a year of trying for baby #2 and got pregnant on my first round of IVF. Both Dr. Glassner and the nurses are caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable. I would recommend the practice to anyone.
RID: 2414283
30/08/12 4 4 4 2 Unfortunately, I wasn't very happy with Dr. Glassner. We spent too much money with zero results - still not pregnant. We got the feeling that he tries to keep you longer as a patient in order to make more money and keep the business running. Not sure if this is the way a doctor should do in the first place.
Paid (or co-pay): $15000
RID: 2327515
06/07/12 5 5 5 5 My Husband and I met with Dr. Glassner yesterday. We arrived about 25 minutes and we were taking back within 10-15 minutes. He was very nice and made you feel comfotable. He does talk fast so you have to pay attention. He viewd my chart before we met him so he knew about our past and asked many questions. My Husband and I liked him very much. Our plan is too watch my cyquestions. from previouse reviews, I do believe he spent plenty of time with us. The office staff was very friendly as well. We will see how things work out for uscle to make sure my fallopian tubes and other things are working properly since we do have a 8yr old son and had a misarriage two yrs ago. He expressed his concerns. He even called me the next morning to see if I had any questions. He spent plenty of time with us.  Respond
RID: 2103960
03/05/12 5 4 5 5 I was referred to Dr.Glassner by one of my friend who is doctor herself.After going through two horrible miscarriages I fixed up an appointment with Dr.Glassner.When my husband and I met him he was very gentle and treated me as he would do it for his own family member he mad a perfect plan followed by medicines and then the treatment,he did not at all pushed us for IVF.On my 2nd IUI i was pregnant and due very soon.I would close my eyes and recommend him.
RID: 2042310
17/04/12 5 5 5 5 Maybe I'm jumping the gun on this one, but I had the most amazing experience with Dr. Glassner and wanted to scream it from the rooftops. I've spent a lot of time at Drexel and Jefferson at various doctors and have gotten accustomed to long wait times, surly workers, and general mayhem. First, I got stuck in traffic and called the office, to which, they said no problem and to get there when I could. Not many doctor's offices will allow that. The staff is amazingly friendly, I almost thought I was in the twilight zone. And Glassner, I chose him based on his reviews here and he has FAR EXCEEDED my expectations. He's thorough, funny, and puts you at ease. Why has he exceeded my expectations in one single appointment? Because he PERSONALLY CALLED ME at the end of the day to check in with me to see if either myself or my husband (who wasn't even there!) had any questions. That is the most phenomenal service I have ever received by a doctor. Just amazing. I can't wait to see him again.
RID: 1841324
03/04/12 5 5 5 5 l have known a lot of my friends go through years of fertility treatments. But I was lucky to be treated under Dr Glassner and his wonderful, wonderful staff.  Within 3 Treatment cycles, I got pregnant. The doctor even involved my husband in the IUI procedure, which was so great ! I know some find his approach aggressive, but it works! The clinic is a well oiled machine with friendly nurses who will put you at ease right away. Cannot recommend Mainline fertility enough.
RID: 1725490
29/02/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Orris is an amazing Dr. At first we were worried that we would just be a number but that was not the case. His staff, including the nurses and receptionists were always so friendly and helpful. Dr. Orris was extremely professional and always answered all of my questions. I am thrilled that we are expecting a baby this year. Dr. Orris even gave me a hug as I left his office on my last visit bc the office now felt like family!
RID: 1700524
30/01/12 5 4 5 5 Staff was very helpful and worked with us during our endeavors to conceive and we were able to reach our goal with the first IVF attempt.
RID: 1699562
29/01/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Glassner and his staff are amazing! I have never felt so comfortable with a doctor and his staff as I did at this practice. They are honest, kind, caring, they practice safe medicine, and are extremely supportive. I would highly recommend Dr. Glassner to anyone looking for a doctor that they can trust. I am forever grateful for Dr. Glassner and his staff! Don't look any further- he is the BEST!
RID: 1695578
24/01/12 5 5 5 5 My husband and I visited Mainline Fertility after approximately one year of infertility. After two IUIs and 3 successive IVFs, we are 13 weeks pregnant with our little munchkin. I can remember clearly how nervous I was for our first appointment and how uncertain I was about seeing a male doctor to address this issue. From the minute we met him, Dr. Glassner put us at ease. He is honest, caring, sensitive, and empathic, not to mention quite a decorated expert in his field. He and his staff at the Paoli and Brynmawr offices have a way of making you feel as if you are the only patient and that they have invested a personal interest in getting you pregnant. Furthermore, the man has an insane sense of humor which makes for some amusing office visits. My husband and I left him countless times in stitches. He has touched our lives in a way that no one else has and for that we will be eternally grateful. We love him like he is family and look forward to returning for number two.  Respond
RID: 1663672
17/12/11 5 5 5 5 In June 2011 my husband and I visited Dr. Glassner at Main Line Fertility after one year of infertility. I was apprehensive heading into our first visit as I did not know what to expect. This apprehension ended within minutes. It's now six months later and I am 9 weeks pregnant. I'm not only writing this review because Dr. Glassner and his staff helped me get pregnant, I'm writing it because I want everyone to know what a wonderful experience it was. The entire staff at the Paoli office; Sandy, Margie, Lisa, Sue and Dr. Glassner were more wonderful than we could have ever imagined. We were never given unrealistic expectations and felt that we were all in this together. In addition we were never forced to or encouraged to take a step we weren’t ready for. As we now look to be released to my OB it's very bittersweet. We are beyond thrilled to be pregnant, but will greatly miss the staff at this office. They changed our life and we will never be able to thank them enough.
RID: 1658775
12/12/11 5 4 5 5 Dr Glassner is the best doctor you can find when you are dealing with infertility issue. He is very knowledgeable, understanding and answers all your concerns. After i got pregnant I had to visit his clinic on Thanksgiving day for some medical emergency and he was personally there to check me out and answer my concerns and thankfully it was not some thing serious. Thanks to Dr. Glassner and his staff we have a healthy baby boy. His staff is also very understanding and helpful.
Paid (or co-pay): $1500
RID: 1561089
14/10/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Glassner is the most wonderful doctor I have ever worked with. I went to him with some fertility issues and he immediately put me at ease and assured me that "we will get you pregnant". 3 Months later I was:) I couldn't recommend anyone higher than Dr. Glassner, he is absolutely the best.
RID: 1530702
06/09/11 5 5 5 5 From the moment we met him, Dr. Glassner made us feel comfortable. He is compassionate, funny, and incredibly knowledgeable. It is very difficult to laugh in a situation like this, but Dr. Glassner had a way of cheering us up on the dreariest days, but never at our expense. We listened to all of his advice and after several grueling years of infertility, we are now 15 weeks pregnant with triplets! It was an odd feeling leaving MLF and Dr. Glassner because we were overjoyed to meet with the doctor who will deliver our babies, but we were sad to leave Dr. Glassner and the nurses at MLF. They helped us through one of the most challenging parts of our life and we cannot wait to bring the babies by to meet the staff that helped to bring them into the world.
RID: 1486132
13/07/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Glassner and his staff are phenomenal! They made me feel completely at ease, answered all of my questions, and treated my individual needs. I cannot say enough good things about them. It can sometimes be difficult to have complete trust in doctors, but I trusted Dr. Glassner and his staff 100%. They truly are miracle workers! Thank you!  Respond
RID: 1485397
13/07/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Glasser and his staff are wonderful and all locations. They are considerate and supportive during the process. I will hold them all in high regard and plan to visit the practice again in the future.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 1476137
29/06/11 5 5 5 5 I saw Dr. Glassner at both the Paoli and Bryn Mawr offices. The staff at both offices was friendly, knowledgeable and gentle. I had several post coital tests, blood tests and finally 2 IUI's. I would recommend Dr Glassner to anyone who is suffering with fertility issues.
RID: 1465961
16/06/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Glassner is extremely knowledgable, kind, funny, and puts you at ease. He is always there to answer questions or fit you in for a visit. His bedside manner makes you feel like he is your friend and your doctor. We got pregnant in less than a year. I wouldn;t go to anyone else, he is great!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1459421
07/06/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Glassner is such a wonderful dr. and person. He helped my husband and i through a very difficult time, and he did it with a smile. I'm sooo greatful to him as well as his wonderful staff.
RID: 1459019
07/06/11 5 5 5 5 I switched to Dr. Glassner after being with a different fertility doc for about 5 months. The first thing we did was talk about my options and make a game plan. It was the first time I felt like we were making some progress rather than trying something and having it fail, over and over. Glassner is warm and funny and made us feel comfortable the first time we chatted. He also included my husband in the conversation, trying to relax him, which my previous Doc did not do at all--he was like an afterthought--just a sperm supplier with the other doc. Long story short--we're pregnant. His staff was AMAZING and in their packed waiting room I never felt like a number--they always knew my story and I always felt I was in wonderful hands. I've been to a lot of Docs over the years with my medical history, and I've never felt as cared for as I did at Glassner's office. If you want to get pregnant, go see him.
RID: 1455259
02/06/11 2 2 2 2 I rated Dr. Glassner on 1/19/11 & wanted to update my rating since I've been with a new doc. When I went to Dr. Glassner, I heard he was the best & that "everyone gets pregnant" when they see him. I now realize that Dr. Glassner's approach is very aggressive, so yes, for some people that will work. I was on Clomid for 4 months with Dr. Glassner & my dose peaked at 250, which my new doc explained was way too high for my height & weight. I now live in FL, & my new doc did much more thorough bloodwork, using the World Health Organization standards. If you are going to MLF, I highly suggest requesting this bloodwork, using the WHO standards. It is not part of MLF's standard procedures. My new doc found that I had high DHEAS levels (a precursor to testosterone), something that Dr. Glassner never found. I went on a med to lower these levels, & 3 months later, without any other meds, I'm pregnant! I had to go through unnecessary meds, side effects, & $ at MLF. If you choose MLF, be proactive.
RID: 1440294
13/05/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Glassner is an amazing doctor. I have recommended him to a number of people. His sense of humor and knowledge has helped my husband and I get through this long process of having a baby so much easier. We started back in June 2010 and I am now pregnant May 2011. The staff including the nurses, the front desk and the ultrasound techs were incredible. They always made you feel like you were the only patient and that you were a part of their family. Their patience and guidance when the doctor wasn't available was tremendous. I cannot thank the staff at Main Line Fertility for all their support in helping my husband and I continue our journey to parenthood.  Respond
RID: 1384482
10/03/11 5 5 4 5 My husband and I received only top-quality care at Main Line Fertility since September 2009. Dr. Glassner made a plan for us during our first visit and followed through with it until I became pregnant. Everything he laid out for us he did. I am still amazed by his ability to predict accurately the likelihood of success for every procedure (IUI, IVF/ICSI) and our own outcome. My IVF cycle went surprisingly smoothly. My stimulation protocol remained unchanged because it was tailored perfectly from the start. The nurses in all teams are very knowledgeable, engaged and caring. Dr. Orris and Dr. Pfeffer were occasionally involved in my treatment. The administrators, doctors and nurses pull together and accomplish excellent results for their patients with their professionalism, dedication and discipline.
RID: 1371633
24/02/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Glassner was recommended to me by a family member who said the following, "You must goes see this man. Everyone who goes to him gets pregnant." That was all I needed to hear.What my family member didn't mention was Dr. Glassner's kindness, sense of humor, sensitivity, his ability- despite having a gazillion patients- of making you feel as if you are the only one. He made my husband feel like a rockstar and gave me a ton of hope, balanced with a hefty dose of realism that showed me he was the real thing. He promised us nothing other than that he would do everything in his power to get us pregnant. I trusted him implicitly and was rewarded!At age 38, with years of trying behind me, first transfer and voila, a perfect little bun in the oven. Amazing staff, from the receptionists office, to the IVF monit team, to the nursing staff on the "other side" e.g., the side you really want to be on because it means you're pregnant. Thank you, thank you! And good luck to everyone who follows
RID: 1340792
19/01/11 3 1 3 4 My experience with Main Line Fertility has been terrible. The staff, though kind, are all consistently late. I had an appointment at 8 a.m. and nobody even arrived at the office to unlock the door until 8:05. Then, my records were misplaced while I was at the office and 2 individuals who arrived after me were taken before me. I finally had to leave without talking to the doctor after I had been there an hour, so that I could make it to work. I was called by the wrong name while I was there, and the nurses didn't recognize my records as mine. Kind of important to know who your patients are. I very rarely have the opportunity to talk to Dr. Glassner, who consistently shows up late. The doctors quickly glance over my records and don't explain well or make eye contact. I've been told different things by dif. docs/nurses and it seems like they are guessing rather than diagnosing. My husband (who is much more laid back than I am) is also disappointed, so we're trying another practice.
RID: 1246728
09/09/10 5 2 1 2 Felt like a product on an assembly line each time I visited his office. When he honored you with literally 30 seconds of his presence at the end of your appt., he would talk a mile a minute and avoid eye contact, not to mention get all of his facts wrong about the patient, and talk over you. If God forbid, you had a question, he'd get visibly impatient and avoid answering it. I felt that we were pushed very hard from Day One towards IUI and IVF even before being diagnosed with infertility. My overall opinion is that this men will coddle and spend time with his more 'profitable' patients, but has no time to waste on anyone else. His staff is amazing, however, and the only reason we went there for so long...
RID: 1126748
12/03/10 5 5 5 5 I had fibroid surgery with Dr. Glassner early Jan 2009. After removing 23 fibroids, he still made me feel comfortable. With his charism and helpful knowledge as a specialist, I don't trust anyone else! My next step is a HSG procedure which I've been avoiding since August. He told me last month that it's not only important for him to know medically, but especially if I'm trying to have a baby. I highly recommend him as one of the best in the Philadelphia area.
RID: 801644
26/02/09 5 4 5 5 The thing I like the most about this center is the staff. I like that they are caring, knowledgable and very helpful. I am early with my treatments with Dr Glassner and he seems very knowledgable. He is a bit too agressive for my taste but maybe I need less thinking and more action at this point. I will give a more thorough review once I have completed a TX cycle with him  Respond
RID: 478652
08/01/08 5 5 5 5 Outstanding physician. 3 board certified gyn's told me that I needed a hysterectomy for a prolapsed cervical fibroid. Dr. Glassner felt that a vaginal myomectomy would resolve my problem. Sure enough, I am completely healed and my problems are fully resolved. Excellent office and staff. Highly skilled surgeon. Responsive to emergencies calling me back promptly when I was hospitalized due to a severe hemmorragh.  Respond
RID: 472174
27/12/07 5 5 5 5 In June of 2007, Dr. Glassner removed 3 fibroids (1 was very large!) totaling 8 1/2 pounds. I flew from Oklahoma to Philly for the surgery & I'm glad I did it. He's extremely knowledgeable & called to check on me after the surgery. If you do NOT want a hysterectomy & have large fibroids, please see Dr. Glassner. I saw him the day before surgery & he was extremely patient, knowledgeable & answered my questions. His humor is one to put you at ease (I was TERRIFIED of surgery!). I saw him the morning of surgery & he called the next morning before I was released to see how I was doing. I flew from Oklahoma to Philly for the procedure & would do it again. If you've been told you need a hysterectomy but you don't have symptoms to warrant one, please see Dr. Glassner. You want regret it.
RID: 431475
19/10/07 5 4 5 5 I was referred to Dr. Glassner by multiple people after having a miscarriage after trying for over a year to get pregnant. Although my original OB/GYN felt that I was fine, I still went to Dr. Glassner to get checked out. I am so glad I did. I found out that I was not fine at all and that I was barely ovulating. He quickly put me on a plan to get pregnant. After a few rounds of clomid, I finally conceived! I agree that face time with him is limited, but the nurses, ultrasound techs, and even the office staff are so helpful and they always find time to sqeeze you in for an appointment. That promptness is very much appreciated when going through such a stressful time. I found that the wait time at Bryn Mawr is much longer than the Paoli office. But, it is harder to actually see him at the Paoli office (especially early in the morning). When you do see him he is very direct, but puts you at ease with his sense of humor. I would recommend him to anyone having fertility issues.
RID: 426984
10/10/07 4 4 5 5 Excellent experience. Dr. Glassner was extremely knowledgable and accessable. He called me back after hours when necessary. He his busy, but made me feel that I was the only patient he had. He got me pregnant, despite my not getting pregnant at two others centers. I was ready to give up, and I thank god everyday that he helped me  Respond
RID: 414106
18/09/07 5 5 5 5 Dr.Glassner has been very helpful and supportive to my husband and I. He uses alot of humor to ease our nervousness and when I had to call the office after hours called me back very promptly. I agree that there isn't much face time, but what face time there is quality. He has respected all our decisions along the way. We have been seeing him for about 7 months and are getting ready for our first IVF cycle.
RID: 401450
12/09/07 5 4 4 4 Dr. Glassner is a wonderful doctor. He is thorough and very straightforward. His nursing staff is terrific- Danielle, Sandy and Kristen, in particular. I've been seeing Dr. Glassner for almost a year for IVF treatment and although we have not yet been successful, I will continue seeing him.
RID: 383250
10/08/07 5 4 5 5 Knowledgeable and helpful, makes you feel like his only patient for the time that he spends with you. He doesn't spend a ton of time with patients, but I don't know many doctors who do these days.
RID: 363108
10/07/07 5 5 4 5 We started seeing Dr.Glassner after trying for 3 years. Being naive to infertility treaments, it took me a few visits to understand how exactly they are trying to treat us. We did 2 IUI's and DR. Glassner suggested IVF as we were covered. We took the option and it worked in cycle 1. I think the IVF Nurse Danielle is very knowledgeable. She is the one we saw for the entire IVF cycle except for the retrieval and transfer. Some people do not like the practice because it is more like a production line. But I really liked the practice because I could get in and out in a very short time, especially during the IVF cycle. Nurse Sandy is also very nice. If you are planning to do IVF at MainLine fertility, ask for nurse Sandy for injection instruction. In my opinion, Dr. Glassner is like a CEO of a company.The people who do the real work and add value are his nurses. But I am sure he recruits the best ones to maintain his reputation. So,I guess Dr. Glassner can get some credit too for leadership.
Paid (or co-pay): $700
RID: 347020
16/06/07 3 3 4 Dr. Glassner is very knowledgeable and caring. However, he rushes his patients because they are just so busy at his practice. He also suggests IVF quite early in the process. I went to a different doctor after he said I should move on the IVF. After just two more tries at IUI, I found out I was pregnant. If you want IVF and have the money, he is an excellent choice. If you are looking for some help conceiving and want to try EVERY option before IVF, you might consider another doc who is not so quick to suggest IVF.  See Responses
RID: 334658
01/06/07 5 5 5 I can't say enough good things about Dr. Glassner and his staff. We struggled for 2 yrs trying to have a baby and we recently conceived twins doing IVF. He has always been positive and supportive throughout the 8 months I was under his care. He always had time for me. He was actually on vacation when we found out our IVF worked and called us at home. I don't know ANY doctor that would do that to congratulate us. I would recommended him to anyone! He is the best in my opinion.  Respond
RID: 333181
30/05/07 5 5 5 Great doctor. Insightful,explained all options. Achieved pregnancy for me, three friends and my sister!
Paid (or co-pay): $2000
RID: 320946
16/05/07 2 4 4 I am not going back there after he made me feel very insignificant by speeding up my visit, which lasted about 2 minutes of actual face to face time. He did not answer my questions fully and I felt as he really couldn't give a rat's ass about my situation. He said I am fine (I am not, because I have some negative symptoms to drugs he put me on) and basically said that there are no other options for me, when I know that there are! I am taking this very personally and I am very offended.
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 239096
28/03/07 3 5 5 Been a patient for 11 yrs. Completed 10 tries at IVF and about to start the 11th. I did conceive a healthy baby girl after the 3rd. He is honest & eager, believed, when I didn't believe anymore.In regard to other comments posted about the $ side...I am far from wealthy and am very disappointed many insurance plans offer little or no help to support the financial burden of this process. I commend Dr. Glassner for being reasonable with the fees, since other comparable programs are much more expensive. He has been an angel to us, very invested, and will work with you to resolve whatever concerns you have. He does care deeply about his patients and is driven and aggressive in his approach, which is needed after many years of disappointments and miscarraiges.On, the construstive criticism side, available on email would be nice, returning calls more promptly,when paged at night, and the IVF nurse coordinator could be a little more patient and understanding.Support group/liason is very needed.  Respond
RID: 54869
06/11/06 4 5 5 We LOVE Dr. Glassner! He immediately put us at ease with his knowledge and sense of humor. After so many cycles of disappointment and wondering whether it's all worthi it, I found myself actually looking forward to my visits with him, the other doctors, and especially the nurses. He called us at 9 p.m. one night after I expressed concern as to our next steps. They are a very busy practice ans I sometimes wished for more face-time, but the phone calls made up for that. My husband is a big fan, as well, which is saying something given our situation. Dr. Glassner is down-to-earth, sympathetic, efficient, knowledgable and trustworthy. Would absolutely recommend him to anyone in our position.
RID: 50032
11/10/06 5 5 5 Dr. Glassner is absolutely wonderful. We tried to conceive for 6 years before going to him. We're so glad we found him, as we now have a beautiful daughter. Dr. Glassner is genuine and caring. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a fertility doctor. Also, his staff is wonderful as well.
RID: 48970
05/10/06 5 5 5 Dr. Glassner performed a myomectomy on my 5mo. size uterus two days ago. At 45 years old, overweight and out of shape, I can't believe how much better I feel already. His staff is extremely caring and knowledgable and I thought their system of moving a patient around an office to be both practical and efficient. He made time to see me on 2 weeks notice (first visit) and performed the surgery 4 weeks later. Didn't think my future fertiliy plans or age should determine my right to keep my uterus, a revelation after seeing other gyns who felt that a hysterectomy was a wonderful solution for a woman my age. Hospital staff was terrific too. I traveled from Oklahoma to Philadelphia to see him and would do it again without hesitation. My only regret is how long I waited before seeing him. The discomfort/pain post surgery is minimal compared with the year plus pain of living with a fibroid that size.
RID: 36391
16/07/06 3 5 5 Wait time for appts was typical of other ob/gyn drs, especially fertility practices. Glassner's consults/office visits are speedy, but he always remembers your name and history. He's prompt about returning phone calls. I echo what others have written about his willingness to think outside the box and to experiment with new protocols. Our dx is advanced maternal age and severe male factor, and we were pg within 3 months of first meeting with him. The IVF center staff is caring and punctual. Will return to this practice if we ever try to conceive again, and would recommend Dr Glassner to others without reservation.  Respond
RID: 35885
13/07/06 5 5 5 Dr. Glassner is the best there is. We tried for 4 years before going to Dr. Glassner. He is very pesonable, funny and honest. Our chances weren't great to conceive but he honestly thought we could- after several operations, IUIs, and 2 rounds of InVitro we had our son and it was all thanks to Dr. Glassner. I would recommend him to anyone. I also think his staff is wonderful-very personable to me,everyone knew my name and was genuinely happy when we found out we were pregnant.
RID: 32109
09/06/06 4 2 5 I went to this practice twice before finding/returning to my regular OB/GYN over an hour away. I had heard/ read postive things about Dr. Glassner. Although I will agree that he is very knowledgeable about fertility topics, I felt as though his office staff operated more like a factory. You started in the waiting area to be moved to an ultrasound area only to be moved to a second waiting area to WAIT again to talk to the Dr. As YOU are waiting, you see everyone else going through the same process. MAkes you feel more like you are along an assembly line -not a person/patient. Once you made it to his actual office, he was nice. Also saw a partner (Dr Orris). Had a hysteroscopy done by him. I have been through fertility treatments, tests and now labor/deliver. The Hysteroscopy by Orris without any hesitation was the worst experience out of any I've ever had. I'd got through my 22 hours of labor before that again. The nurses were a bit impersonal too.  Respond
RID: 28905
25/04/06 5 5 5 Dr. Glassner is absolutely wonderful. He is very sympathetic and supportive, which is exactly what I needed. He treats you like a friend, and not a patient. I would recommend himt to anyone that is having fertility issues. He has really helped me through everything.  Respond
RID: 10183
03/08/05 5 5 5 I must say that I am a little suprised to be the first reviewer on this provider. Dr. Glassner is everywhere these days, the local magazines, newspapers, etc. I don't know if it is his PR machine, or simply a great reputation, which he definitely seems to have based on my own research. I think what stands out about him is that he is willing to "experiment" a little more than others. Dr. Glassner performed a laparoscopy on me and actually called me with feedback on the procedure the next day (his day off, actually). I think that this gesture was very considerate of him because there nothing worse than waiting for days/ weeks sometimes, to hear how one's surgery went (plus the physical pain of being in recovery).And yes, that happened to me as well, where I waited up to a week for a dr to give me some feedback on the procedure he performed. Dr. Glassner gets thumbs up for promptness and responsiveness, at least in my case. I will post more as I will be seeing more of him in the future.
* - Rating left by a registered user