Rate Dr. James Mahood

Dr. James Mahood's Ratings

I was diagnosed with Scoliosis at the age of 11, and started seeing Dr, Mahood at 16. We did many consultations and Xrays, and then on April 12th 2010 at 17 years old I had my surgery. I have 2 titanium rods and 22 screws in back now that run from T4 to L3. He was very skilled, my scar is very minimal. I had follow up appointments after my surgery to see how I was healing. Although I had pain, he was very helpful and professional. Explaining everything to me in terms that I would understand. He communicated all of the information to my family doctor as well, so it was a very easy transition to see me family doctor from there on. I would recommend Dr. Mahood, as he puts the patient at ease and is very good at what he does. His front desk staff were always polite and kind as well. I am very grateful to have been helped by Dr. Mahood.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2596064].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

CAME INTO SEE DR MAHOOD AFTER AN ACCIDENT, IM LOW INCOME AND CANNOT WORK BECAUSE OF BACK PAIN AND A FEW NEW SLIPPED DISKS, I HAD TROUBLE GETTING TO THE OFFICE AND HAD TO RE SCEDULE APPOINTMENTS DUE TO THE 75.00 CAB RIDE SO HIS RECEPTIONIST STEFANI BECAME QUITE IGNORANT AND DIDNT WANT TO RE SCHEDULE ME SO NOW IM STILL IN GREAT PAIN AND NOT ALLOWED TO SEE THE DOCTOR BECAUSE OF HER.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1095520].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

Dr.Mahood was my surgeon in June 2012, for scoliosis surgery (T4-L4 Instrumentation) I am still in the healing process and during every post-op appointment i have had he has been very efficient to help me understand everything that is going on. He is a great surgeon and i would recommend him to anyone. I have 2 rods and 20 screws up my spine all of my pre-op back pain is gone, i am straighter than i have ever been and I owe it all to Dr.Mahood and his great staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1095519].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2013

Very pleased with Dr.Mahood, very helpful, knowledgable and thoughtful. Very calm person, makes you feel at ease.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1095518].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2012

i seen Dr.Mood in 1999 for a distectomy and he was great and i healed really well. i got rear ended this june and have several ruptered discs and i seen him again 2 weeks ago and now im hoping he will do a fusion for me cause i trust him.im in alot of pain and cant walk much but i know im in good capable hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1095517].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2011

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1095521].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2011

Icould never say a bad thing about dr mahood he has been my surgene since 1996,as he has keep me from living a life in a wheel chair. I have more surgury coming up for a knee replacement and I expect nothing but good to come from it thank you again for your honest appoach and being straight forward

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1095516].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2011

Dr. Mahood was my surgeon in 1996 & 1998 when I had instrumentation and fusion on the L4-S1 and now that my condition has spread to my cervical spine, I look forward to having him as my surgeon again. I trust him and have great faith in his skill. I was a 1/2 marathon runner until last year so I have done so well until just recently. Thank you Dr. Mahood for what you have given me.....a life outside of a wheelchair. D. Cartagena (Hefford)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1095515].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2011

I have severe scoliosis and both my daughters have been diagnosed with scoliosis as well and are being treated by Dr. Mahood who have been kind, gentle, very informative. We feel so lucky to have Dr. Mahood as our treating specialist

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1095514].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

My first surgery was performed by Dr. Mahood in December of 1992. He had come to the hospital at 1:00am to ensure I was allright, and to make sure I was provided with all the information I required to make an informed decision about my operation. Since then, he has done ten different surgical procedures with regard to my back, and thanks to his genuine care and extreme knowledge, I am able to walk, and live a productive life. Dr. Mahood is the only Orthopedic surgeon I trust, and know that I Have received the very best medical care possible because of his abilities. Jim Cook Saskatchewan.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1095513].votes_count ]]