Dr. Sharon Francis Harrison

Rate Dr. Sharon Francis Harrison

Dr. Sharon Francis Harrison's Ratings

Seemed understanding and knowledgeable, however didn't take a stand or make any kind of recommendation, just listened and hoped we'd figure it out on our own, if I could do that, I wouldn't go to a professional.

Submitted July 2, 2014 | flag

A very strange psychologist. My daughter was referred to her for treatment of anxiety relating to family breakdown. Dr. Harrison spent session after session giving her tests, but never actually spoke to my daughter about her feelings or concerns. After four sessions, I met with Dr. Harrison to request a break in the testing, but it didn't stop. Dr. Harrison couldn't explain why she was subjecting my daughter to all the testing. My daughter had previously been assessed by a child psychiatrist and found to have no mental health problems, so there was no need for further evaluation. Finally my daughter became exhausted from all the testing and she refused to go back. I wouldn't recommend this psychologist, at least not for a child.

Submitted April 9, 2014 | flag

Sharon Francis Harrison changed my life around. In 2004 I opted to engage in intense psycho analysis.She recommended this route and explained the benefits. It was expensive over a one year period but figured...this is my life, it's most definately worth it. I am a happy, calm individual able to cope with lifes dramas thanks to her. I am recently married and told my husband you are lucky we met at this point in our lives as it would have been quite different before. I would highly recommend Sharon.

Submitted March 2, 2012 | flag

Since I was a child, I have had many issues with my mother and father. Sharon was my blessing. She saved my life. She is a great listener, and helped me to resolve many issues regarding my family. She gave me insight, and she helped me to accept my past, and move on and look to the future. She helped me become comfortable with myself, and work on my trust issues. She was my savior. She was a blessing to me, and I could never be more thankful. Thank you Sharon, you saved me!

Submitted July 11, 2011 | flag

What a waste of time and money. All she does is ask questions about your childhood, never focuses on CURRENT problems. She writes notes for 50 minutes and then charges you 150$, without ever giving any feedback or suggestions. The reviews on ratemds.com are very misleading, perhaps she wrote them herself to attract clients.

Submitted April 2, 2011 | flag

Excellent Listener, Helpful with my issues, She makes good use of the session time.

Submitted April 22, 2010 | flag

Dr. Harrison changed my life, coming from an extremely dysfunctional family, she really helped me change my outlook and I actually can enjoy my life as opposed to just struggle through. I have been to several doctors, and she is by far the best and most effective I have ever experienced

Submitted Nov. 18, 2008 | flag

Dr. Francis Harrison was recommended when my teenage step-daughter was having problems with her mother. Sharon was caring and helped our daughter learn to communicate effectively with her mother and become assertive & confident in her abilities. Her mother refused to attend therapy but Sharon helped my step-daughter to learn to live and deal with the issues left unresolved by her mom. It was an extremely complex issue. Our daughter was in therapy for 8 months. She helped to cultivate our daughter's own confident personality and helped her to grow into a wonderful young lady - who now understands that as the child, she was not responsible for her mother's actions. Again, a very difficult situation, handled in a tactful, caring, respectful setting where our daughter felt safe and her perspectives valued. Now, she asks herself, 'what would Sharon say?' Thank you Dr. Francis Harrison! You were a blessing in our lives when our daughter needed someone else to talk to.

Submitted May 21, 2008 | flag

At my request while I was experiencing a clinical depression, my family doctor referred me to Dr. Francis Harrison. I was able to book an appointment within 2 months or so. I entered therapy for the first time in my life, and I was thoroughly satisfied with her care. She is very qualified, the utmost professional, and she helped me greatly. I feel fortunate that I was referred to her, and I understand from friends and colleagues that such a positive outcome on a first referral is not always the case. I felt secure in her care, very engaged, and after a couple of months when the time was right she brought up the issue of whether our sessions should continue on such a regular basis. I chose to discontinue and she assured me that she would be available if and when the need would arise. I met with her again the following year for perhaps 2 sessions 4 years ago. I would not hesitate to see her again should I feel the need. I highly recommend her.

Submitted June 1, 2007 | flag