Rate Dr. Gerald Mitchell

Dr. Gerald Mitchell's Ratings

Dr Mitchell is the best doctor I have ever had. I hope he will keep working for at least another 25 years, because I will never again find such a good doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2550427].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

I was grateful for Dr Mitchell's kindness and ability to listen. However, a series of events went wrong when I asked for a biopsy of a mole that had changed.He said it was fine but agreed to make an appointment. Later he told me he forgot to book the appointment for a biopsy. When the mole was bigger, he make the appointment. The surgeon gave me the lab result of Melanoma Stage 2. Doctors are human and can misjudge and be forgetful, so I anticipated that Dr Mitchell would apologize and we'd move on. However, he phoned me when he got the lab results. He played a semantics game and was only interested in himself. I felt bullied and I was shaking. All I did was get cancer. I had to change doctors. I have my dignity. After finding I have Melanoma Stage 3 (in my lymph node), I have survived the odds so far. I am still rattled by Dr Mitchell's phone call to me. Something is wrong.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1096863].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2014

I hunted for 10 years for the best doctor. I must say that I was not happy about him leaving us behind at the Cannon Clinic. But I put my detective hat on & I tracked him down myself. He did return my call and let me know when he'd be setting up a smaller practice. Sometimes life has bumps in the road & life happens (maybe that is what happened to him when he left that place). I am glad I hunted him down, as he always was kind to us, took the time to listen to us, ask us what we thought was going on with us. More or less he had us involved with our own health. He always shakes my hand and always takes the time to listen. I have had more bad health over the years and I need a great doctor that will listen to even me sometimes. I am sure he will be my doctor until he retires.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1096862].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

The best doctor i have ever seen,patient,understanding,caring,he just takes the time to go that extra mile,would recommend him to everyone.j.trainer abbotsford

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1096861].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2013

Now that Dr Mitchell isn't at the Cannon Clinic the service is a lot better. Wait times at Cannon were horrible. I've seen him 10+ times at his new clinic and I generally wait about 10 minutes. He is knowledgable, and unlike other dr's he doesn't hold off when you need a certain type of medication.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1096860].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2012

I was so glad when Dr Mitchell left cannon clinic and went out on his own. I had been told by another doctor at that clinic to only discuss one problem at a time (because they're not related?). My suspicion is that he was unhappy with the way things were done at Cannon. His practice now is much smaller and not nearly as crowded or busy. His wife is his receptionist and one of the most friendly welcoming people I have met. My husband and I have moved away an he still tries to schedule an appointment with Dr Mitchell if he knows he will be traveling there.Dr. Mitchell is very participative. He didn't just tell a what to do. He would listen and discuss all the options and hear everything we had to say. I HIGHLY recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1096859].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

I was in a bad accident, was in a wheelchair, improved to walker, then cane, started seeing Dr. Mitchell as a new doctor, then when I stopped using the cane I got pregnant, then miscarried...so I asked Dr. Mitchell what I could do for exercise, and he said that I could go for a run or whatever I'd like. I told him I just stopped using my cane and am working on walking...I can't run! That day he filled out the disability tax forms for me for $50 and gave me the ok to get my license renewed. I found out when I got home after renewing my license that he obviously didn't read my files and know what was going on with me!! He filled out that I don't have a mental disability (3 parts of my brain were damaged though, so since he didn't know that he shouldn't have given me permission to drive), and he filled out that my physical disabilities are expected to be better in 2012. I'm not ok, and he would know that if he read my files! That's the last time I saw him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1096864].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012

Best doctor that I've ever had. If you take responsibility for your own health you will love him. If you think doctors are demigods and just like to feel sorry for yourself he's probably not for you. His practice is fractured -- he does work at Peardonville House -- so his office hours are limited. But he's very down to earth and has common sense, and will work with you. He listens to you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1096858].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2011

Where is he? I've called, left messages,he's never there when I call, at the times when he's office is supposed to be open.(3-5 Monday,Tuesday. 1100-0500 wed, Thursday). What kind of hours are these?? He left the CANNON CLINIC whitout asvising any of he's patients. What does that tell you? Aren't DOCTOR'S supposed to be there for their patients? Trully unproffesional and clearly does not care!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1096857].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2011

We have been with Dr. Mitchell for 4 years now and we are very happy with him. He takes the time to get down to the route of the problem and he is a very caring doctor and always make the time to see you even without an appointment. We would not go to another docotr..:)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1096856].votes_count ]]