Rate Dr. Gerry Vaughan

Dr. Gerry Vaughan's Ratings

Very unhappy that this doctor sent my stepMother for psychiatric evaluation for all her pain instead of checking her thoroughly. It turns out she has lung cancer which has spread throughout her body and the prognosis is grim. If only he had taken her seriously maybe it could have been caught in time :(. I hope my Father can find another dr because this one should be fired

Submitted Aug. 4, 2013 | flag

I have been going to Dr Vaughn for over 12 years. Apart from one serious mis diagnosis he has been good, punctual and great with paperwork.I find that in recent years he no longer listens to what I am saying but only applies textbook solutions that do not consider me as an indivudsual.Average visit time for my complex health issues is usuallt cut to 5-6 minutes. I am very displeased.

Submitted Oct. 16, 2012 | flag

When I moved to Nanaimo in 1999 I had Dr Vaughan recommended to me, and at the time he was not looking for new patients. I feel so lucky he took me as a patient as he has been the the best physcian I have had, he is knowledgeable, punctual.

Submitted July 30, 2012 | flag

Very good doctor lucky to have him.he listens is compassionate.has great knowledge and is on time .

Submitted June 14, 2012 | flag

I have been going to Dr. Vaughan since 1978. He is great.That is why I still go to him. He is kind, thought-full and listens to me and does not hold back his comments on what I can do to help myself. He has a computer in front of him and looks up what the last visits were about. He, like many Doctors have may patients and cannot necessarily remember each and every visit, but he remembers my name etc.

Submitted April 19, 2012 | flag

Hope he around for many more years. Glad to see that his clinic has new doctors as well. No hesitation in recommending this clinic to all. Not sure if Dr. Vaughan is taking new patients, but if he is.. consider yourself very lucky to have him as your GP.

Submitted Oct. 31, 2011 | flag

Courteous, very knowledgeable, refers to specialist as needed. Truly an excellent GP. Medical staff always cheerful and friendly. Highly recommend this clinic.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2010 | flag

Dr. Vaughan has been my gp for almost 30 years. He is extremely knowledgeable but often rushes and almost always forgets what we discussed on previous visits. As a young woman suffering with bipolar disorder I have often felt misunderstood or dismissed. Yet, I have stayed with him as he is so knowledgeable.

Submitted Sept. 30, 2010 | flag

Dr. Vaughn just does not get me or something. He has literally yelled at me a couple times when I've asked for things and he feels he is too busy to help me. I would never recommend this doctor and I do not feel comfertable as a female with this doctor. I will be firing him.

Submitted July 10, 2009 | flag

Dr. V has been my MD for decades. I appreciate the fact he listens to me and considers/values my thoughts about my own body. I will stay with him as long as he continues to be current in his knowledge and performance.

Submitted June 8, 2009 | flag