You may also like

Rate Dr. Wilson T. Asfora

Dr. Wilson T. Asfora's Ratings

I have a myelogram showing that I have "severe foraminal stenosis" and not 2 but 3 screws were loose according to the surgical report when they removed the plate that was cockeyed and 1 of the screws was in the soft tissue pointing directly at my vertebral artery. I was told I should have died in surgery. I even had a nurse in recovery tell me that I was very very ill after surgery. This surgeon was rated as a top notched doctor and still is. What happened to me? I have a myelogram stating my C7 nerve sleeve is stripped and my vertebra is damaged at the same place. I have an EMG showing nerve damge. I live each day praying that God will either heal me, get me help, or let me die. No one wants to touch what is left over here and how can I trust someone who did all this to me to touch me again. I am glad I have all the tests and written reports to back all this up. His PA came to me before surgery and said the surgeries are running over and I could go home and come back in a week. I told her if the dr is tired to send me home. She said he is use to this schedule and that,"The man is an animal." She said she would check on him and if he wanted to send me home she would let me know. No one came back and they proceeded to do my surgery at 7PM. I do not believe in suing people because of my Christian faith. I believe in forgiveness not only for others, but for myself. But this is getting out of hand.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2753590].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

he is by far the best doctor in sioux falls. Thank you for all that you done

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2529994].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

This Dr did a 3 level fusion on me at 7:30. PM after doing surgery from 7:30 AM at Sanford. He finished with me at 10 PM. Sanford needs to stop over scheduling their rooms! And drs should
not be doing sugery that late. This guy put my plate on cockeyed and one of the 8 screws was not even in the bone but screwed into my muscle 1 MM from my vertebral artery! He took the disks out but left the posterior spurs behind leaving me with severe foraminal stenosis. He also took of my C7 end plate leaving it asymmetrical and now collapsing causing severe C7-8 radiculoapathy. I am loosing the use of my arms. I just had that hardware removed elsewhere, and they found 2 screws loose that scans showed at 2 and 3 months post op. They said the plate was corroded and that there was metal shavings at the bottom. I now have metalosis. Those screws should have been self locking but they were never tightened properly. I know God will deal with this horrible man. My children, grandchildren, and husband have lost me. I am in agony, but only take ibuprofen. I can't hold my new grandchild. My life is tottaly ruined.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2505894].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

He is saved my mom. Amen He is brilliant and courtney is very grateful for him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1097534].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2013

Thanks be to God I took another Dr.s advice and made an appointment with Dr, Asfora. I had pain occurring in my lower back with "knock down" pain radiating down the back of both legs. After a year of various treatments including chiropractor, physical therapy and epidural treatments my quallity of life was continuing to rapidly decline to the point I, at times,couldn't continue to work. When Dr. Asfora saw my information and MRIs he told my wife and I with confidence and step by step what could be done to help my situation. This was to be quite extensive separating 5 veribre and inserting 4 cages. To make a long story a little shorter I had the surgery on 11-05-12. I came out of surgery knowing the pain was gone and was walking the halls with a walker by 10:00 AM the next morning and after Dr. Asfora's visit was sent home. I went back to work 1-2-13 with no pain lifting up to 50#. Thanks Dr.Asfora and staff.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1097533].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1097535].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

Ten years ago last week Dr. Asfora removed a very large tumor in my head. It was an emergency situation. My life literally was on the line. I have the utmost confidence in this man. Is he arrogant? Yes, but not obnoxious. He just has a lot of confidence. As long as he is skillful and knowledgable, I can deal with his personality. As far as short bedside visits, I can deal with that also. It really is the nurses that are taking care of the patient after surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1097532].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2011

I don't know what these other comments are but Dr.Asfora saved my life! He was very helpful in all situations. I recommend him to everyone! Dr. Asfora has had some troubles,but he's still a great trouble. ( I can always understand Dr.Asfora! He does not have that bad of an accent

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1097531].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2011

I have seen this surgeon operate , he opeates on everything. curses endlessly in the operating room, abuses the staff, There isnt a patient he WON"T operate on

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1097530].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 23, 2010

I have had Dr. Asfora for a doctor for several years. I have had a dorsal column stimulator for 8 years (on my third). I was very happy with it for the first 2 years then it went down hill. But I am glad that I got it, it just didn't cover the pain anymore. I wish a nurse of his would have been a little more understanding when I was complaining about it. Instead she said "That's the best it will cover, nothing has moved so it must be working right". I knew I had pain! I finally went in and told them to take it out or do something about it! I had an additional lead put in and no change. We finally got to the root of the problem, I hope! I trust his abilities 100%! I do not know of anyone personally that has him as a surgeon but I would recommend him based on his knowledge, but not of his bedside manner. All in all I am happy with him and wouldn't let any other persons negative opinion change mine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1097529].votes_count ]]