Rate Dr. Wilson T. Asfora

Dr. Wilson T. Asfora's Ratings

This Dr did a 3 level fusion on me at 7:30. PM after doing surgery from 7:30 AM at Sanford. He finished with me at 10 PM. Sanford needs to stop over scheduling their rooms! And drs should not be doing sugery that late. This guy put my plate on cockeyed and one of the 8 screws was not even in the bone but screwed into my muscle 1 MM from my vertebral artery! He took the disks out but left the posterior spurs behind leaving me with severe foraminal stenosis. He also took of my C7 end plate leaving it asymmetrical and now collapsing causing severe C7-8 radiculoapathy. I am loosing the use of my arms. I just had that hardware removed elsewhere, and they found 2 screws loose that scans showed at 2 and 3 months post op. They said the plate was corroded and that there was metal shavings at the bottom. I now have metalosis. Those screws should have been self locking but they were never tightened properly. I know God will deal with this horrible man. My children, grandchildren, and husband have lost me. I am in agony, but only take ibuprofen. I can't hold my new grandchild. My life is tottaly ruined.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2014 | flag

He is saved my mom. Amen He is brilliant and courtney is very grateful for him.

Submitted Dec. 16, 2013 | flag

Thanks be to God I took another Dr.s advice and made an appointment with Dr, Asfora. I had pain occurring in my lower back with "knock down" pain radiating down the back of both legs. After a year of various treatments including chiropractor, physical therapy and epidural treatments my quallity of life was continuing to rapidly decline to the point I, at times,couldn't continue to work. When Dr. Asfora saw my information and MRIs he told my wife and I with confidence and step by step what could be done to help my situation. This was to be quite extensive separating 5 veribre and inserting 4 cages. To make a long story a little shorter I had the surgery on 11-05-12. I came out of surgery knowing the pain was gone and was walking the halls with a walker by 10:00 AM the next morning and after Dr. Asfora's visit was sent home. I went back to work 1-2-13 with no pain lifting up to 50#. Thanks Dr.Asfora and staff.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2013 | flag

Dr Asfora was the most disrespectful man I have ever met in my life. It is hard when you lose a loved one but when your Dr. doesn't show up for 13 hours admits they ran the wrong test and then tells your mother is gone. Then says she prolly was when he could have helped her the night before!!! I have no doubt Dr. Asfora is prolly a good Dr. but his schedule needs some work or they need to have more Dr.s!!! I will never forgive him for taking my mother way too early!!! Only if you had more time or wouldn't make the nurses lie for you I could still have a mom and my two sons could see there Grandma!! You should be ashamed of yourself!!!

Submitted March 23, 2012 | flag

Submitted March 14, 2012 | flag

Ten years ago last week Dr. Asfora removed a very large tumor in my head. It was an emergency situation. My life literally was on the line. I have the utmost confidence in this man. Is he arrogant? Yes, but not obnoxious. He just has a lot of confidence. As long as he is skillful and knowledgable, I can deal with his personality. As far as short bedside visits, I can deal with that also. It really is the nurses that are taking care of the patient after surgery.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2011 | flag

I don't know what these other comments are but Dr.Asfora saved my life! He was very helpful in all situations. I recommend him to everyone! Dr. Asfora has had some troubles,but he's still a great trouble. ( I can always understand Dr.Asfora! He does not have that bad of an accent

Submitted Feb. 6, 2011 | flag

I have seen this surgeon operate , he opeates on everything. curses endlessly in the operating room, abuses the staff, There isnt a patient he WON"T operate on

Submitted Dec. 23, 2010 | flag

I have had Dr. Asfora for a doctor for several years. I have had a dorsal column stimulator for 8 years (on my third). I was very happy with it for the first 2 years then it went down hill. But I am glad that I got it, it just didn't cover the pain anymore. I wish a nurse of his would have been a little more understanding when I was complaining about it. Instead she said "That's the best it will cover, nothing has moved so it must be working right". I knew I had pain! I finally went in and told them to take it out or do something about it! I had an additional lead put in and no change. We finally got to the root of the problem, I hope! I trust his abilities 100%! I do not know of anyone personally that has him as a surgeon but I would recommend him based on his knowledge, but not of his bedside manner. All in all I am happy with him and wouldn't let any other persons negative opinion change mine.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2010 | flag

His bedside manor is not the best. He only talks when you really ask a question but so far we are very happy with the work he did. His accent can be difficult but I guess I am not so much one to care about how much he talks to me or how social he is, specialists are strange usually but as long as hes good at what he does thats what matters most to me.

Submitted May 20, 2010 | flag