Rate Dr. Brian J. McGuinness

Dr. Brian J. McGuinness's Ratings

Dr McGuiness should be cloned. Getting him as a surgeon was like winning the Lottery. I have also never quite met a doctor like him and he exceeded my highest expectations handily. He is referred to in John Muir by staff and nurses as #1 and I now believe them. His follow up is thorough. He was available at the hospital whenever I needed him for the time I was there even late at night and Saturday. Follows up with calls after surgery. Great listener, kind, patient and a great doctor. If there was an 'above and beyond' and a six star rating, I'd give it to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2757741].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

Just an awful experience. Arrogant. Disorganized. Very unpleasant experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1098128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

I am deathly afraid of surgical procedures. Dr. McGuinness had to remove my gallbladder it was an emergency surgery. He and his surgical staff are amazing. I had to have a colonoscopy and he thankfully was the doctor to handle this as well. I would pick Dr. McGuinness for any further surgery I need and know that even though I am afraid of surgery, I am in good hands. He knows what he's doing and he cares.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1098127].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2008

Dr. McGuinness is a colorectal surgeon. Our 13 year old son needed to have reconstructive surgery due to ulcerative colitis. Although we live 400 miles from him I learned on their web site that J pouches were their speciality. We went and met with him and felt very good about him doing our son's surgery. May 4,2007 Dr. McGuinness preformed the first of 2 surgeries needed. We can not say enough good things about this Dr.!! He was very caring and compassionate to our son. He put him at ease right away. Our son really likes him too, which was important to us. He took time with us and explained everything very well. He is a very humble man. We are planning on taking our son back to Dr. McGuiness for the 2nd surgery. Although at this time we really don't know how our son's J pouch will end up working out, we have high hopes that because God directed us to this'good'surgeon that everything will be okay!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1098126].votes_count ]]