Rate Dr. Benjamin Gelfant

Dr. Benjamin Gelfant's Ratings

I had breast augmentation, saline under the muscle via my arm pits, almost 10 years ago now. I had the surgery on a thursday and was back to work on the monday. I have no scars. They look amazing even after having a baby and breast feeding for a year. I am very happy with my results. I love my breasts!

Submitted June 18, 2014 | flag

I had a breast augmentation in Sept 2009 by Dr Gelfant that was completely botched. I was in incredible pain and had severe swelling in one breast the days following and it took a week for him to realize that it was the result of a hematoma, which then needed to be evacuated. So two surgeries in a week. Now they are completely uneven (completely different sizes and at different levels) and the side that had the hematoma now has a part of the implant that is puckered out and looks (and feels!) terrible. It even aches a lot if I'm not constantly wearing a bra to hold the puckered part in. I need to have it fixed but he didn't agree that there was anything wrong and said he was going to charge me nearly $1000 to make the pocket size BIGGER when that side is already way bigger than the other! What was supposed to be a positive experience has turned into a nightmare and I hate my breasts even more now. It's especially frustrating that he won't admit anything is wrong or remedy the problem.

Submitted May 22, 2014 | flag

My surgery with Dr. Gelfant (neck, bags under the eyes) was done in the Spring of 2009 at age 74 . It went very well, but I did develop an infection in my neck area. While being treated, he insisted on seeing me almost every day for about 2 weeks. During this time his mother died but he said I was more important. I could not have had a more caring doctor. My outcome was very good. He later operated on my "trigger finger." This year we arrived Christmas day, from Ontario. Just before we came I had fallen , had a scalp laceration which was stapled at our local ER. The staples were to be removed just after boxing day. On a whim, I tried Dr. Gelfant`s office and he was in, doing follow ups to post op patients. His receptionist checked, and he said to come right over, he would love to see me (after 4 years). He removed the staples, no charge and saved me many hours waiting in a local hospital ER. I have nothing but praise for this kind compassionate doctor.

Submitted Dec. 30, 2013 | flag

This is more for his OR Facility where I had my procedure with another surgeon. I just have to say something great about his nursing staff. I was so nervous, but the nurse who got me into the OR made me feel so relaxed and good Thank you Annette. The nurse who took care of me afterwards was like an angel! Thank you for your compassion and even your sense of humour... it was great chatting with you, you made me forget I even had surgery!

Submitted Oct. 26, 2013 | flag

I don't get all the negative comments about Dr. Gelfant. I've had two consultations with him, and him and his staff are all wonderful and very caring. Kristi is an absoulute doll and answered all my questions that i had over e-mail and always got back to me in a timely matter. I will say, yes Dr. Gelfant can seem a little 'busy' sometimes - But, he is a professional and caring doctor and CARES about your health and makes sure you choose the right type of implant for your body. I had my breast augmentation done in January and they look amazing (450 cc silicone gel) and they look completley natural. He did a perfect an amazing job, and I would go back to him for future procedures.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2013 | flag

My experience with Dr.Galfant and his staff was an absolute pleasure. He and his staff answered all my questions and concerns. I visited his office November 2012 for a breast augmentation consultation. I was pleased by his knowledge and advice and decided to move ahead with the surgery. During the preop consultation I became "greedy" and wanted to get a very large implant, Dr.Galfant advised me not to, taking into consideration my body size and the beast mass I had to work with. I took his advise and went with a 400cc implant (which was as large as he would allow me to go). I must say I can not be more glad he refused to go bigger on me. My new breasts look absolutely natural and I could not be happier with his work. Dr.Galfant is a phenomenal doctor and his staff were more then patient with all my questions and concerns. I would recommend him and his team to my closest friends and family.

Submitted July 18, 2013 | flag

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about with Dr. Gelfant? I just had a consultation with him and I have booked my surgery in the same week. He was very professional, knowledgeable and kind to me; we even chatted about things we have in common such as skiing! I was very comfortable the whole time, he was NOT arrogant in any way and he was very open and honest about his practice with me. I did my research about him and many other Dr.'s in the area where I live and I chose Dr. Gelfant as I was also referred to him by 2 girlfriends of mine, 1 of whom had her BA done 18 years ago! (and they look AMAZING, I might add) I'm excited to have my surgery done and I will post another comment afterwards. It's a shame that the other women didn't receive the same experience as me, and I would definitely recommend him as a Dr to anyone looking to have a BA done.

Submitted June 8, 2013 | flag

Rude and arrogant! Was very demeening and spoke down to me even as I hold a career in medical/dental knowledge...

Submitted Feb. 25, 2013 | flag

10 years ago now Dr. Gelfant did a breast augmentation on me. It was (and still is) a disaster. He tried three timers to fix his mess. He was rude, unprofessional and arrogant. I have not disrobed in front of anyone in all these years and have not had sexual relations either. He made such a mess and didn't seem to know how to fix it. Dont go near this doctor!

Submitted Dec. 24, 2012 | flag

Dr Gelfant did a lip augmentation Oct/2009, which was a total disaster. I was in horrendous pain for weeks after, and kept mentioning this to Gelfant, his response was, it wasn't anything to do with the surgery he had done. How absurd. He refused to see me to check the situation, but finally did months later. He admitted I had nerve damage, and why didn't I tell him before. I was continuously complaining of the pain and also went to Emergency at one point. This man is only interested in his own needs. Not a good idea to venture into that office without a support person. Lets face it I have never come across a doctors office with a security door, which indicates this man has a few enemies. More than 2 years later I look like a freak and it has damaged my life, as I do not socialize very much anymore, because of being ridiculed about the mess created by Gelfant.

Submitted May 21, 2012 | flag