You may also like

Rate Dr. Benjamin Gelfant

Dr. Benjamin Gelfant's Ratings

I had breast augmentation done. I am very pleased with the results. Dr. Gelfant was very professional and caring. I would recommend this doctor for sure!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2818468].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Stay away from this rude, pompous, cold man. All he cares about is your money. He shoots down any concerns you may have and interrupts you along the way. He has the ego of a God with an attitude like how dare you question anything since in his mind his opinion is always perfect. I would never trust anyone to be in his care.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2816831].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

Was nice before my surgery but after surgery his true coloured surfaced. Extremely rude and arrogant! Was literally in my face when i told him I had a tummy tuck performed by another surgeon. Came across very intimidating...please do not go to this surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2781734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

Pretty uncaring Dr and exceptionally
rude office staff

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2779748].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

when I realized that after cataract surgery I would no longer need glasses, one close look at my eyes told me I had to do something! when my Doctor recommend Dr Gelfant, I didn't hesitate! his decades of experience and reputation was enough for me. he and his staff made me feel very comfortable right a the start. he is gentle, warm and professional. we only discussed eyelid surgery , which is what I wanted done to my very tired eyes! he did not try to push me to do other surgeries. now that it's all done, I am very pleased with the results, my eyes look very natural!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2643870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

I had breast augmentation, saline under the muscle, Under breast incision 8.5 years ago and I left the clinic to dinner with friends. Barley had any pain. Very happy with result. Very NATURAL looking. I still have scars but they look way better now. I researched a lot back then and think Dr. Gelfant's augmentation could be one of the best in Vancouver BC. Other services I don't know.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2612497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2014

I had breast augmentation, saline under the muscle via my arm pits, almost 10 years ago now. I had the surgery on a thursday and was back to work on the monday. I have no scars. They look amazing even after having a baby and breast feeding for a year. I am very happy with my results. I love my breasts!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2441842].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

I had a breast augmentation in Sept 2009 by Dr Gelfant that was completely botched. I was in incredible pain and had severe swelling in one breast the days following and it took a week for him to realize that it was the result of a hematoma, which then needed to be evacuated. So two surgeries in a week. Now they are completely uneven (completely different sizes and at different levels) and the side that had the hematoma now has a part of the implant that is puckered out and looks (and feels!) terrible. It even aches a lot if I'm not constantly wearing a bra to hold the puckered part in. I need to have it fixed but he didn't agree that there was anything wrong and said he was going to charge me nearly $1000 to make the pocket size BIGGER when that side is already way bigger than the other! What was supposed to be a positive experience has turned into a nightmare and I hate my breasts even more now. It's especially frustrating that he won't admit anything is wrong or remedy the problem.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2441841].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

My surgery with Dr. Gelfant (neck, bags under the eyes) was done in the Spring of 2009 at age 74 . It went very well, but I did develop an infection in my neck area. While being treated, he insisted on seeing me almost every day for about 2 weeks. During this time his mother died but he said I was more important. I could not have had a more caring doctor. My outcome was very good. He later operated on my "trigger finger." This year we arrived Christmas day, from Ontario. Just before we came I had fallen , had a scalp laceration which was stapled at our local ER. The staples were to be removed just after boxing day. On a whim, I tried Dr. Gelfant`s office and he was in, doing follow ups to post op patients. His receptionist checked, and he said to come right over, he would love to see me (after 4 years). He removed the staples, no charge and saved me many hours waiting in a local hospital ER. I have nothing but praise for this kind compassionate doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1099381].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2013

This is more for his OR Facility where I had my procedure with another surgeon. I just have to say something great about his nursing staff. I was so nervous, but the nurse who got me into the OR made me feel so relaxed and good Thank you Annette. The nurse who took care of me afterwards was like an angel! Thank you for your compassion and even your sense of humour... it was great chatting with you, you made me forget I even had surgery!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1099380].votes_count ]]