You may also like

Rate Dr. Stephen McMahon

Dr. Stephen McMahon's Ratings

Great person, real professional. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2835915].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

I had a knee replacement done. I have had nothing but problems and pain. Went back to him and he basically called me a liar and said the replacement was perfect. Currently seeking another surgeon for a second opinion .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2824051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Thank you Dr. McMahon from the bottom of my heart. You are such a professional! While some might say you appear cool & aloof at first sight, you are both compassionate and good at what you do..and that is what's important. On the morning of my TKR surgery you and your surgical team put me at ease and the outcome was great..painful as expected of course but great and I am healing nicely. I wish more patients would prepare ahead of time (like I did) then maybe they would have the correct expectations, know that it is a slow healing process , put the effort into the essential physiotherapy and home exercises and have a positive outcome. It takes work! In short, though, I highly recommend Dr. McMahon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2814525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

He seems to hate his job and his patients. He would be better off to quit and find another job perhaps as the village idiot.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2800485].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

I had a hip and knee replacement done by Dr. McMahon and I am extremely disappointed. My hip squeaks so loudly that it can be heard by people standing close to me. He said that the noise would go away shortly after surgery. It has now been over 4 years and it is embarrassing the noise and the awkwardness of having to explain where the noise is coming from. As far as my knee replacement done by Dr. McMahon, the knee had to be done a second time 6 months later because it was not aligned properly.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2632127].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

Dr Mcmohan performed both hip replacent surgeries two years ago. First the right Hip and after six months the left hip. A very meticulous and a very knowlegable surgeon. Had no complication during both the surgeries thanks to Dr. Mcmohan. I could not get rehab on my first surgery and a team of Home Care were assigned for recuperation and I thank the team as I felt better and have had no pain since then. For my second hip surgery, I was sent to a Rehab Centre and stayed for two weeks but the minor pain still persists on my left Hip. Wish I had Home Care for the second time too rather than Rehab. Want to see the Doctor after spring to find out the reason. Wish to thank Dr.McMohan for his care and my recovery. Ali Dosani 905 201 9628 Markham

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1101590].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 4, 2014

Receptionist we found to be "selective" greeting ones she liked or knew well and others had to basically step up to her and "disturb". Does not come back to you even an hour or more past the appointment time that we are sorry we are running late or something. This "cold" attitude travels into the office and the doctor who we found to be very unhelpful and a lack of compassion. He is knowledgeable but not to help and was upset with us because he requested an MRI and we thought that once he receives the result we would be contacted but no he insisted that we should have called in to make the appointment!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1101589].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 17, 2013

I went through a bilateral hip surgery in 6 months, Dr. McMahon did an amazing job and I'm really happy with what he did. He is pro,caring and helpful. This surgery changed my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1101588].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2012

He performed a chevron osteotomy (bunion surgery) and I could not be more happy with the results. I healed well, the incision looks great, and I have zero pain 9 weeks later. My toe is straight, and moves well. I am ready to get back into sports already.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1101587].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2012

A great surgeon, a real pro, ACL reconstruction, watched the surgery, weight-bearing with crutches on the same day, ROM returning quickly. Does not mess around with bedside manner, bring your sister instead.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1101586].votes_count ]]