Rate Dr. Isabel Chow

Dr. Isabel Chow's Ratings

I went to see Dr Chow for a small lump on my forehead, she proceeded to tell me that the lump had been there for quite some time and she would have to cut from ear to ear shave the bone on my forehead to get rid of the lump, oh and it would cost several thousand dollars. Dr Chow is rude dismissive and has no bed side manner. My wife sourced out a Dr. in London who would cut it out in office. The total cost was $300, after removing the lump it was sent away, yes it was cancerous. I would recommend Dr Chow to no one her arrogance could have cost me more than "several thousand dollars" I have to follow up with a specialist now, just hope all the cancer is out, all with no thanks to Dr Chow. If it is possible at all please see another Doctor!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2566610].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

rude to patients and staff. rated high because she pick and chooses who she wants to work on, of course only the ones with possibility of high success. The high ratings here are too specific so I believe her or her staff made them up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2545609].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

She was OK once she realized I was an informed and articulate patient. It was then that she went into explaining the procedure more thoroughly. It was for the simple removal of a cyst. Unfortunately, it came back but to a smaller degree. All in all, she worked well for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1103430].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2013

I agree with some of the comments made earlier about the rude attitude of the doctor. Patients expect some empathy from their doctors and this is one thing that she lacks. Based on my experience I suggest to explore other options available in your area.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1103429].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2013

my doctor recommended dr chow for me and told me she was one of the best in windsor so ofcourse im going to trust my doctor and im glad I did. I had otoplasty done recently (am now in my bandages) and surgery went well, ofcourse I was nervous but i didnt feel sa thing during surgery. I felt comfortable with her but also tried to be very brave because this is something that i always wanted, i had an appointment with her discussing what was going to happen during surgery and at the time i hadnt decided for sure because obviously i was scared, i had been busy a few months later I booked an appointment and her assistent managed to book me in early before my 18th birthday which i know might have been very last minute, but dr chow was still willing to do it for me! she does come off very abrupt but she knows what she is talking about when explaining things to me. i trust her completly and she can be a very nice person and she could see that i was nervous for surgery, and she comforted me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1103428].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2012

My experience with Dr. Chow was excellent. She was courteous, thorough and clearly informative. The office visit was on time and the surgery was early. The surgery was minor but she made a real effort to see that I was comfortable. She was so gentle that the procedure was almost painless. Her post-surgical directions were simple and clear. The results were excellent. I found her to be most considerate, very knowledgeable and completely competent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1103427].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

Professional and knowledgable before and during the procedure, however I was very unimpressed with her followup. I had a breast reduction and when I went in for a post-surgical appointment, I was concerned with an infection that I could see forming. She told me not to worry about it and that it was no big deal and less than 24 hours later, I was in emerge due to complications from this infection. The doctor at the hospital contacted her to let her know how serious the problem was and after only trying to contact me once (I missed the call, didn't leave a message), I never heard back from her. When my family physician saw the work she did, he told me he would not send anyone else back to her. My breasts are uneven in shape following the surgery and my nipples are now uneven in size. To top it all off, her secretary is also extremely unpleasant and makes you feel inferior when you call. I would not reccommend Dr. Chow to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1103426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2010

Horrible horrible bed side manner. Was very rude and made me feel like crap. Told me I was too old and wouldn't heal like a younger person. I do not think early 50's to be old. Rude and not professional at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1103425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2010

I am 18 years old and went in to talk to her about breast reduction. Apparently, 18 year olds aren't supposed to be treated with respect. When she saw me, she was very sarcastic and abrupt with me. It made me really uncomfortable. It seemed as though she thought I was just some arrogant girl that wanted to have perfect breasts and I was just wasting her time. The reality is, I do have problems with my breasts, and after she checked them, her attitude changed towards me. I didn't like that she judged me and didn't give me a chance. I won't be going back and I don't recommend her, especially to teens.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1103424].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2010

My son did some damage to his hand and we were referred to Dr. Chow. I have nothing bad to say about her. She was professional, very helpful and made my son very comfortable with the whole experience. She answered all of our questions and made us comfortable and understand what was she did to correct the issue. It was a weekend surgery as well. I recommend her highly. Excellent job Dr. Chow. Thank you

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1103423].votes_count ]]