Rate Dr. Isabel Chow

Dr. Isabel Chow's Ratings

She was OK once she realized I was an informed and articulate patient. It was then that she went into explaining the procedure more thoroughly. It was for the simple removal of a cyst. Unfortunately, it came back but to a smaller degree. All in all, she worked well for me.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2013 | flag

I agree with some of the comments made earlier about the rude attitude of the doctor. Patients expect some empathy from their doctors and this is one thing that she lacks. Based on my experience I suggest to explore other options available in your area.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2013 | flag

my doctor recommended dr chow for me and told me she was one of the best in windsor so ofcourse im going to trust my doctor and im glad I did. I had otoplasty done recently (am now in my bandages) and surgery went well, ofcourse I was nervous but i didnt feel sa thing during surgery. I felt comfortable with her but also tried to be very brave because this is something that i always wanted, i had an appointment with her discussing what was going to happen during surgery and at the time i hadnt decided for sure because obviously i was scared, i had been busy a few months later I booked an appointment and her assistent managed to book me in early before my 18th birthday which i know might have been very last minute, but dr chow was still willing to do it for me! she does come off very abrupt but she knows what she is talking about when explaining things to me. i trust her completly and she can be a very nice person and she could see that i was nervous for surgery, and she comforted me.

Submitted July 29, 2012 | flag

My experience with Dr. Chow was excellent. She was courteous, thorough and clearly informative. The office visit was on time and the surgery was early. The surgery was minor but she made a real effort to see that I was comfortable. She was so gentle that the procedure was almost painless. Her post-surgical directions were simple and clear. The results were excellent. I found her to be most considerate, very knowledgeable and completely competent.

Submitted April 11, 2012 | flag

Professional and knowledgable before and during the procedure, however I was very unimpressed with her followup. I had a breast reduction and when I went in for a post-surgical appointment, I was concerned with an infection that I could see forming. She told me not to worry about it and that it was no big deal and less than 24 hours later, I was in emerge due to complications from this infection. The doctor at the hospital contacted her to let her know how serious the problem was and after only trying to contact me once (I missed the call, didn't leave a message), I never heard back from her. When my family physician saw the work she did, he told me he would not send anyone else back to her. My breasts are uneven in shape following the surgery and my nipples are now uneven in size. To top it all off, her secretary is also extremely unpleasant and makes you feel inferior when you call. I would not reccommend Dr. Chow to anyone.

Submitted Oct. 5, 2010 | flag

Horrible horrible bed side manner. Was very rude and made me feel like crap. Told me I was too old and wouldn't heal like a younger person. I do not think early 50's to be old. Rude and not professional at all.

Submitted July 8, 2010 | flag

I am 18 years old and went in to talk to her about breast reduction. Apparently, 18 year olds aren't supposed to be treated with respect. When she saw me, she was very sarcastic and abrupt with me. It made me really uncomfortable. It seemed as though she thought I was just some arrogant girl that wanted to have perfect breasts and I was just wasting her time. The reality is, I do have problems with my breasts, and after she checked them, her attitude changed towards me. I didn't like that she judged me and didn't give me a chance. I won't be going back and I don't recommend her, especially to teens.

Submitted March 30, 2010 | flag

My son did some damage to his hand and we were referred to Dr. Chow. I have nothing bad to say about her. She was professional, very helpful and made my son very comfortable with the whole experience. She answered all of our questions and made us comfortable and understand what was she did to correct the issue. It was a weekend surgery as well. I recommend her highly. Excellent job Dr. Chow. Thank you

Submitted May 9, 2009 | flag

Dr Chow comes across as abrupt but she is very caring and over the months of breast recon due to cancer I saw a different side to her. Dr Chow is a perfectionist and does expect the patient to follow her instructions to the letter, she is usually right too. Very talented lady. I believe she stopped reconstruction though and just does cosmetic now, a shame as she will be greatly missed for her talent in helping us ladies feel feminine with our new breasts. Lori her office assistant was very helpful and pleasant and on several occasions I had to get help and both the Doctor and Lori stayed open for me or fitted me into a fast appt. All around very good care from both of them.

Submitted March 10, 2009 | flag

i had to change my appt due to illness and was told next available appt. was in early december then i was told she was no longer accepting consults for my desired procedure after december 1st. so i had an appt for 3 months and they couldn't/wouldn't reschedule me EVEN THOUGH I WAS ILL b/c she was only going to concentrate on boobs after december? i thought this was really unprofessional and bordering on unethical. really unhappy. i won't be seeing her obviously. she doesn't deserve my money if this is how patients are treated/disrespected.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2008 | flag