Rate Dr. Max Ohnona

Dr. Max Ohnona's Ratings

This Dr. is definitely getting kickbacks for orthotics...100% chance he will try to push them on you no matter what you go there for...Beware!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2652026].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2014

This guy is amazing. I don't know why people left bad reviews and said they wouldn't be coming back but I can share my experience.

Dr. Max Ohnona is one of the kindest, most knowledgeable surgeons I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. His receptionist is very pleasant, warm and polite, as well as organized and accommodating. Physicians are notorious for running late but the first two (and only for now) times I have been to the office, Dr. Max Ohnona was exactly on time in taking me for my appointment. Additionally, he estimated my surgery to the minute and, I don't know how he managed to guess, but that is EXACTLY the time it took, including all of the bandaging.
He was very open and detailed in answering my questions and concerns, pausing every so often to ask me if I understood everything he said.
During the consultation he took his time and didn't try to rush me. He answered questions about everything and didn't limit me to discussion about the reason I came in like some doctors do. My reason for visit was for an ingrown toenail removal but the Dr also did a general foot exam and was able to point out my problem in less than 10 seconds. I knew something was wrong but he was able to show me exactly what.

He was also extremely generous in providing me with pain medications and additional care supplies I would need after my surgery and gave me a "take away" bag of lotions soaps and samples of pain killers I would need in addition to my prescriptions.

It is true that this man has a sense of humor and is quite funny. As some reviews said, he is a bit eccentric and may interrupt you at times but after his schpiels, he let's you say your bit and is very respectful. Note that he is specific in after care and may pretend to be arrogant or give attitude but that's just his personality. I met him twice and can say that he is one of few people that GENUINELY care. He's nice and he's pleasant after the initial 3min introduction.

I will recommend him to everyone and will be coming back again for post-op check ups and custom fit orthodics later down the road (month or two).
Really great doctor. See him!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2644698].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2014

I have met with Dr. Ohnona twice and will continue to as I break in my new orthotics. He is extremely capable and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2606578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

Dr.Ohnona is a wonderful, professional podiatrist. I've been seeing him for over a decade every five years (recommended) for replacement custom made orthodontics. He is very knowledgeable and wise and answers questions accurately. However, his products and services cost more and more every time I return and after paying approx. $1,000 on my recent visit for custom made orthodontics, including consultation fees and casting, I can no longer afford to return and will be seeking a less costly podiatrist in the future.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2574161].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2014

While this podiatrist's field of knowledge is wide he is very arrogant and full of his own importance. While he was examining me I posed a question and he immediately took umbrage stating "Did I ask you to speak". In other words I was only to speak when spoken to!! I appreciated the knowledge that he imparted but I took a rain check on the orthotics that were offered to remedy my situation. The cost of the orthotics were very costly and over the market price. Also I questioned in my mind as to whether their design would provide relief for me.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2442029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

My experience with this doctor is not quite good. First, this doctor is very firm on his own opinions. When he is wrong it is really bad to be firm. "Stubborn" it is called when people are wrong but are still firm. Second, he really charges you a lot. God help you if you do not have good insurance to cover you. Third, not quite important, he is really weird in his sense.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1104308].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2013

Dr Ohnona helped me with hammer toes and misshapen toes and orthotics for many yrs. He helped my father, a diabetic, as well. Would highly recommend

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1104307].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

He is brilliant in his field with an unusual depth of knowledge. But: what good is all this if he is verbally abusive to many of his patients - many who have stopped seeing him because of this. His receptionist actually phones people on his patient list to try and get them to come in for a visit. But the doctor will blame his patient for everything yet continue in his negative and disrubing behaviours.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1104306].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2012

I've been going to to Dr. Ohnona for over 20 years. I have been very satisfied with the care he has given me. I also recommend him to friends and family. He may have an unusual personality, but he is the best at what he does and once you get to know him, his personality is the icing on the cake. Foot problems? Knee? Hip? Back? Go see him!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1104305].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2012

I visited Dr Ohnona over 10 years ago.I was very desapointed by the approach concerning money. After the money was given he did not need to see me anymore.I will have really like to have follow appointment to see if adjustment were needed. My cost $430.00 + visit price at the time. I will suggest to see an other Podiatrist .

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1104304].votes_count ]]