Rate Dr. James P. Kacedan

Dr. James P. Kacedan's Ratings

I would love to rate Dr. Kacedan as caring, gentle, and understanding--the adjectives used in almost every review that I read on Yelp. Unfortunately, I can't do that because I didn't have the opportunity to meet him. When I arrived for my 9:00 am appointment, I was told by his receptionist that he had just called in sick. I had driven an hour from Loudoun County to make the appointment. I asked if anyone had tried to call me. The answer was no because he had just called.

What does that mean--he "just" called: a minute ago? 5? 10? I understand that people get sick--that's life. But I would have thought that someone who is as appreciated and as highly recommended as this doctor and his staff would have had that same appreciation for his patients as well as the decency to inform them in advance of a need for schedule changes. The doctor didn't wake up at 8:59 am if he had a 9:00 am appointment. Staff doesn't walk in at 9:00 am. Even if he couldn't contact someone directly, he could have left a message so when Staff did arrive, patients could be called. Cell phones work in the car, and if someone had called me--even though I was en route--I could have saved some time. Calling me would have been the caring, gentle, and understanding thing to do.

I don't even remember an apology. I was asked to reschedule, so I offered the next day. After going to check with someone else, the receptionist told me it wouldn't work. The bottom line is that I expressed my disappointment and left.

Dr. Kacedan and Staff, if you do get a chance to read this message, I hope you will use my comments to help your patients have a better experience in the event you are not able to provide service.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2726019].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

Okay doctor, but he does not deliver your baby unless it's scheduled C!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2674629].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 7, 2015

Dr. Kacedan is a wonderful, no-nonsense, knowledgeable, personable doctor. He coached me through my first pregnancy (significant complications) and kept me informed and feeling confident at all times. His great sense of humor kept me smiling even through some of the less-encouraging moments, and his competence and knowledge made me very comfortable throughout the process. He explains things well, always takes time to answer each and every question thoroughly, and his office staff, particularly Annie, his nurse, is wonderful. I wished Annie could have been there for labor as well! I have no hesitations about recommending Dr. Kacedan and his office to friends, family, and now strangers. :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1104495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

I've been going to Dr. Kacedan since he delivered my daughter in 1997. He has not changed. Very knowledgeable, helpful and encouraging throughout pregnancy and other female matters. Consistent excellent staff who makes you feel comfortable as going to a doctors office is never comfortable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1104494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2012

Dr. Kacedan is the BEST doctor I have ever had. He is kind and knowledgeable and never makes you feel rushed. I've been his pt for 5 years now and have been through a few medical issues. He personally called me on the weekend several times to check on me and always makes the call himself to update me on lab work. I have referred several pt's to him and they All love him! His staff is also Awesome! They are sweet and kind and really make you feel like you are family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1104493].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2012

Love the Dr. and staff, they are always polite. They always provide personalized service.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1104492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2012

When "on call," he took over 90 minutes to return repeated calls from the triage nurses regarding our case, which delayed treatment. I overheard the nurses trying to figure out who else they might call in the event the delays continued, which I don't think they should have to do.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1104491].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2012

Dr.Kacedan, is the best of the best Dr. He is very knowledgeable, extremely attentive, never rushes during the appointment,takes care of his patients like they are his own children. Really makes you comfortable and stays with you all the way through the whole 9 months of pregnancy and delivers 90% of his patients babies, he is always there for you! Incredible! There is no other Dr. like him in this day and age. He is the only Dr. in the office, therefore does everything by himself and is fully responsible for the well being of his patients. Everyone in the office is extremely kind and charming and also make you very comfortable. Dr. calls his patients himself to tell of the test results too! How often do you get that? I would travel to Dr.Kacedan if I had to!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1104490].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2011

I originally had a very bad experience with my old OBGYN, and then switched over to Dr. Kacedan. I have been nothing but impressed with his knowledge and helpfulness. He always makes time to make sure all your concerns are addressed. I have never felt rushed in his office. I would highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1104489].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2011

Recently switched from a GYN doctor in Manasass who was terrible...Dr. Kacedan is WONDERFUL...I had a consult to review my records and get my history. He gave me helpful gyn advice on how to move forward. Returned 6 month later for Pap test -- he as early for my appt! He was thorough and really felt and ease with him and his staff...everyone is friendly and very nice. I would highly reccommend him to anyone looking for a great GYN!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1104488].votes_count ]]