Rate Dr. Kirsten L. Smith

Dr. Kirsten L. Smith's Ratings

I had HEG and was very sick for the first trimester. My family doctor was not able to manage it. Thankfully dr. Smith was on the ball. She helped me get it under control. She made excellent referrals to specialists. She was kind, open minded and just amazing doctor. I wish she was able to deliver my baby but I understand that it's not possible.

Submitted Oct. 28, 2013 | flag

Dr Smith was my OB for my second child (Nathan). My first born (Olivia) was diagnosed with a rare syndrome called Cornelia de Lange Syndrome (CDLS). She was brain damaged and not immobile. When I got pregnant with Nathan, Olivia was only 7 months old. Due to the rareness of CDLS, I was also followed by the genetics team at Mount Sinai. Dr. Smith not only looked after my pregnancy closely, she always read on the test results from Mount Sinai for Olivia as well. Nathan decided to come 6 weeks early. Even though Dr Smith was not on duty, she still came to the hospital to deliver him. My C section scar looked better than before after Dr Smith was finished with me. Olivia left us when Nathan was 3 weeks ago. Dr. Smith was concerned and referred me to a psychiatrist. Dr. Smith's care was beyond an average OB. She truly cares! Nathan is now 1 year old and very healthy. I just found out I am pregnant with our third child. Hopefully, Dr. Smith will be my OB again as she is the only one I trust!

Submitted March 1, 2013 | flag

I wanted to rate Dr. Smith while I still have time before my little one is born. She has been absolutely wonderful these past 8 months. She is very kind & attentive, always answers my questions, & makes me feel good about my pregnancy (even when my body is feeling very strange). Be prepared to pay $6-$12 each visit for parking. If your appointment is on a day when the other OBGYNs with whom she shares an office are in, there might not be enough seats in the waiting room if everyone brings their husbands/partners along. So far the partners have been gentlemen & give up their seats to us pregnant ladies. It's only been really buys twice since I've been seeing her though. Most appointments are quick & easy. Her office is clean & her staff is very nice. It is easy to book appointments. My husband & I are so glad to have been able to see Dr. Smith throughout this pregnancy, & we will absolutely try to see her again should we have a second child!

Submitted July 9, 2012 | flag

Dr. Smith is a very caring OBGYN. I had her during my second pregnancy, but was a new client to her office. When issues arose in my pregnancy she referred me to the best specialists in Toronto and got me appointments the next day. She ensured that my baby and I were safe and taken care of. Everything worked out fine and I had a healthy baby. I found her to be honest and upfront. Her office is very busy, which is why she might seemed rushed at times. I still found her attentive though and she answered all of my questions. When I was induced she visited me in the hospital in the early morning before she went to work, to make sure everything was going smoothly for me. I would highly recommend her and will definitely use her as my OBGYN for my next pregnancy.

Submitted April 22, 2012 | flag

I went to ER with concerns of a huge loss of blood. I waited to actually see a OBGYN for about 10 hours and was in pain when I was greeted by Dr.Smith who was on call at NYGH that day. Dr Smith said she reviewed my file and without even doing an internal or requesting an ultrasound,she was prepared to send me home after I waited for what was to be the much needed opinion of a Gynecologist. Joke.After telling her that i had concerns of something prolapsing,she reluctantly examed me, very roughly,then concluded that i had a real problem here and was very happy to overuse the word Hysterectomy. She said I would need surgery but not today because she would be leaving soon and the quality of the ultrasound machines are not reliable. Another Joke. This woman seemed more preoccupied about sipping on her Starbucks in front of me and later added that I can blame all the problems that I am having on my Mother. Final Joke. Wouldnt recommend this Doc to my worst enemy.Well,maybe my worst enemy!

Submitted Jan. 12, 2012 | flag

Rude, flippant bedside manner, the worst I have experienced. Colposcopy done as if in an assembly line, rushed, undignified, painful. Had to sit for an hour in a gown in waiting room, no privacy, she is loud and you can hear personal medical information of other pts. Doesn't care about concerns raised. Left the hospital on tears. I will not return to her. And I am an MD.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2011 | flag

I went to Dr. Smith for a colposcopy. I had a very painful colposcopy asked for local Anastasia and she told me "No. Leave the room, or let me do my job". It was extremely painful, I was crying at the hospital for an hour after. She told me I will receive a call within 3 days if anything wrong. Never received it. I went to my family dr. after 3 months and she panicked when she saw the result, wondering why she never called me. No treatment plan, no procedure on the result. Dr. Smith was on maternity leave follow up with me after a few days despite my calls and messages. I experienced too much shock and stress. She told me my family doctor should have received a fax for my a follow up in 6 months told me it will be faxed again, never faxed to my Family dr. I changed my Gynecologist and never got that pain again and I am healthy now. Please think twice before going to her, unless she changes her aggressiveness and behavior it will be a bad experience for you. Wish u luck.

Submitted Sept. 22, 2011 | flag

Dr.Smith was my OB/GYN. She is very friendly and was always willing to answer my questions. She was able to put my mind at ease on many occassions. I highly recommend this doctor and am very surprised by some of the negative comments about her on here

Submitted April 27, 2011 | flag

Dr. Smith was there for the birth of my two babies and cared for me through both pregnacies. I found her to be excellent - she was kind, helpful, friendly and I really loved her.

Submitted Jan. 28, 2011 | flag

I have seen Dr Smith over a two year period after an abnormal Pap Test. She has always answered any questions that I have, has shown concern if I wasn't comfortable, and has developed a personal relationship with me despite only seeing me once every 6 months. I will absolutely go back to Dr Smith when I am ready to have babies.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2010 | flag