Rate Dr. Domingo E. Suatengco

Dr. Domingo E. Suatengco's Ratings

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2508242].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Suatengco for over six years and he has been terrific. He is not chatty and warm, but knows his stuff and will answer questions directly. The nurses are angels, but the front desk staff can be distant. My quality of life is much improved because of him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1106253].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2013

I have been going to Dr. S. for the past two years and been treated for enlarged prostate, kidney stones and bladder stones. He took the time to explain the options for prostrate treatment and benefits of each.He is working with me through the kidney issues with surgery scheduled on short notice to resolve problems. I was able to get in on same day issues when needed with appropriate follow up actions. His bedside manner may not be the warmest, but he is knowledgeable and his staff, especially Bonnie is absolutely magnificent. Bottom line is if you want a urologist who knows his profession and can help you resolve your problems, Dr. S. is a good choice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1106252].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

tendency to overtreat and over diagnose. Is competent, knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1106251].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2012

I unlike others actually think the staff is very condescending and even though not rude lacking bed side manners. Approach is too cold and unemotional. As far as the doctor, I agree with previous posters, he seems to always be in a hurry and spends a couple minutes with you and leaves to this office.Rubs you of as uncaring.I've had Kidney stones and wanted to ask questions about it, he left the room and I had to ask the nurse if I can see him again to ask the questions. Took a few minutes but she then took me to his office and it felt like I was sent to the principal's office. Doctor is very unapproachable. As far as his skills, I've had two kidney stones in the last 4 years, first one I passed naturally, the second one required surgery. He didn't find it and I was left with pain. I decided to finally change practice.New Dr went in, found the stone and removed it.I asked for pictures and I don't understand how can you miss a truck in the middle of the highway. very, very disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1106250].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Suatengco when my GP was concerned about PSA levels. Diagnosed with early, confined, low-volume prostate cancer in April 2010, and Dr. Suagengco performed cryosurgery in August. I have had no complications and am doing very well in October. He is very matter-of-fact and a man of few words, which does not bother me because I don't need hand-holding or agonize over nuances when making treatment decisions. I did a lot of reading (I'm a librarian) and he clarified my understanding of this disease and its treatment as necessary when I was puzzled or mistaken. Staff is very good also. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1106249].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2010

My son had a very serious condition and the Dr. recognized the condition and acted quickly. The procedure was done competently. No he isn't warm and fuzzy but he knew what he was doing and acted accordingly. I would recommend him to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1106248].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010

As stated by others the staff here is outstanding, very caring and efficient however the Dr did seem either very busy or distant, it gave the impression he didn't care which I think is not the case. Also my condition though helped with treatment keeps coming back and I was told there is nothing that can be done about that. That concerns me. I would recommend this Dr if only because of the caring staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1106247].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2008

I switched to Dr. Suatengco after spending over a week in a hospital with a urologist that seemed very incompetent. In one day Dr. S. had my problem figured out and fixed! He has always been very friendly and helpful. So much so that once that urgent problem was resolved I went back to him for a chronic problem. He was A ok with that also and scheduled me for the surgery that literally changed my quality of life. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone and would go back in a heart beat. I work in the medical profession myself and am more "picky" and hard to impress....and I loved him. His office staff, specifically his nurse of many year is the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1106246].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2008

I would NOT recommend this guy to anybody for any reason. Not because the outcome of my procedure was completely unsuccessful but because he is totally unapproachable and unlikeable. I found him to seem almost offended if you questioned anything he did. His staff however is very pleasant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1106245].votes_count ]]