Dr. Blaise Wolfram

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 23/05/07    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 2.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Blaise Wolfram has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Psychiatrist-related: mental illness, depression, schizophrenia, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, substance abuse disorders, depression medication, pharmacological treatment, prescription drugs
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2530531
14/01/13 3 1 1 3 I waited over a month for an appt. with Dr. Wolfram. Two days before the appt. I was told the doctor could not see me and that I would have to reschedule for a month later. Offered to let me see the nurse practitioner just to prescribe me drugs and I refused.
RID: 2529123
12/01/13 5 4 5 5 I highly recommend Dr. Wolfrum. In the past there were problems with wait times and occasionally his office staff was rude. But that was the past. Right now it's an all around thumbs up. In the last two years I only had longer waits twice. Before that I think his staff was scheduling too many people at the same time. I always liked Dr. Wolfrum so I put up with these shortcomings and did complain to him about them. He listened. And, he's always been a super doctor. I mentioned numerous physical symptoms I was having and asked him what type of specialist should I see. Much to my surprise he said I was going through a clinical depression. Now I'm doing great and just see the good doctor once a month.  Respond
RID: 2454240
22/10/12 4 1 5 5 I too waited two hours for an appointment. I am in the healthcare profession as well, and was surprised these wait times still exist. He didn't apologize to me either, however, I was extremely pleased with the way he helped me. He explained more to me about myself in 20 minutes than any other psychiatrist in the last 7 years, I have seen. I did not find him condesending and I asked him to send me for further testing to confirm my diagnosis. I was diagnosed in the past with no testing done. The physician said based on my symptoms, this was my diagnosis. Dr. Wolfram explained that description of symptoms does lead to a diagnosis, but I was so pleased when he said I could be tested to confirm my diagnosis. I would recommend him, but I will continue to complain about the wait time.
RID: 2413890
30/08/12 3 1 3 3 The first visit was ok after waiting almost 2 hours and he never apologized to me for the wait. His interview was ok, but he definitely likes to prescribe drugs and testing, etc, probably because he owns the place and gets money in his pocket everytime he get you back in his office. I think he's ok, but I don't know yet. I need to spend a few more visits with him.  Respond

04/03/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1666769
21/12/11 5 1 5 5 This doctor helped me a lot. I had not slept in months, I was very depressed, and I was on a medication that was adversely affecting me, when I first met him. He put me on a med that worked, and I found his visits useful, and thought he was interested in me and compassionate. He reommends other things also, like deep breathing and meditation (when I wanted to take another med) He does run behind. I think if someone needs more time, he just gives it to them.
RID: 1568122
22/10/11 5 5 5 5 I'm a disabled person who among other things gets memory lapses. That includes forgetting my appointments. However, Dr. Wolfrum's office staff has been very accomodating to me and always reminds me ahead of time. I also think Dr. Wolfrum is a very nice guy and I'm baffled by the bad reviews I see here.
Paid (or co-pay): $100
RID: 1563624
17/10/11 5 5 5 5 Before coming to see Dr. Wolfrum I had nothing but misery in my life when it came to dating men. It was one bad relationship after another. I thought I just had terrible luck. However, I now realize it was my own behavior that attracted one Mr. Wrong after another. Now I am happily married. I have Dr. Wolfrum to thank.
Paid (or co-pay): $110
RID: 1486583

14/07/11 2 1 1 1 Wait for hours for a fast result. Took my mother to him for a nursing home evaluation. He put her an Haldol and almost killed her. No follow up just standard drug everyone mentality.  Respond

12/06/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1457175
04/06/11 5 5 5 5 I'm very surprised at the bad reviews here. Are these people talking about Dr. Blaise Wolfrum. I've been a patient of his for many years mostly for medical maintenance. However, whenever I was in very stressful situations he was always there to give me the best advice. Long waits are a thing of the past as are rude office staff. Top rating all around right now.
Paid (or co-pay): $110
RID: 1402999
31/03/11 1 1 1 1 This was the worst interaction with a doctor in my middle aged life. After mustering the courage to seek help for depression and suicidal thoughts Dr. Blaise Wolfrum replied with disdain and condescension. His flippant comments and lack of concern is truly troubling for a person supposedly in the profession of helping people in need. His first comment "why are you depressed when others have it worse than you" was a stinging slap across the face and set the tone for the rest of the time with him. When I described my plans for suicide he ridiculed me. This man's attitude and and condemnation might motivate someone training for a race but has no place in the treatment of people who are in need of support and guidance. treatment. I would not recommend this Dr. to anyone looking for compassion or a caring attitude. My impression was that this is just a business looking to prey on the depressed with little regard for their well being.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1337831
16/01/11 1 1 1 1 he told me i was schizophrenic just to get me into some trial he was running and to get my on some $600 a month medication. it was a serious and blatantly incorrect diagnosis. he always saw the all too common drug reps as soon as they walked in but kept patients, including myself waiting for hours at a time - which is the norm. he is extremely inconsiderate and didn't even take the time to actually look at me or talk to me rather than read a chart and write another script. i truely and honestly feel he did me much more harm than good. this kind of practice should be criminal!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1319345
21/12/10 5 5 5 5 My favorite doctor. Helped out my family. He knows a lot about medicine and is always a great help.
Insurance: GHI
RID: 1253253
18/09/10 1 1 1 1 the worst i have seen and just prescribes medication like its nothing and to think he has a degree he is rude and not very impressionable seems like you are on a production line just to get my money will not go back  Respond
RID: 981137
06/09/09 1 1 3 4 Their staff is terrible. They are rude, they bark and bark about how you MUST PAY FIRST. If you ask them a simple question they ignore you and give you an attitude. They told me to come on in right now to see the doctor. Well it took over 2 hours past my appointment until I finally saw him, meanwhile there were other people in the waiting room that I talked to that said they ALWAYS wait that long here. Dr. Wolfrum Blaise seemed pretty knowlegeable but I don't feel like he did everything he could for me. He seemed like he was really rushing our time together and in the end he just prescribed me some medication and told me to come back every week (I suspect he just wants my money). I never returned and never will again. I've heard that doctors that prescribe medication so loosely like this are not good doctors.
Paid (or co-pay): $330
RID: 880366
07/05/09 5 5 5 5 This doctor is very good at treating patients, some very Ill. He has helped two of my family out and they had severe problems. When we had an emergency and asked to be seen that day he would work us into the schedule. We did not mind the wait because most places just would not even see you for weeks. Where else can you call up and get seen the same day? He will stay late until everyone is seen even if it is hours after close. That shows caring and putting his patients first.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 783858
07/02/09 3 1 1 1 Most rude doctor I have ever met. He displayed nothing but contempt. I would never accept any type of medical care from this man again. In my opinion, he should not be allowed anywhere near people with mental health issues. Can't believe he's a real 'doctor'. Amazing this type of character is allowed to treat real patients.
RID: 728614
23/11/08 1 1 1 1 Called to make a first-time appt. Receptionist told me they were too busy. She took my name and insurance info and said they would get back to me. I never heard from them again! This made me very uneasy as I was already nervous to do this. It is quite obvious that this doctor has a full plate and the office is already way too busy. I need someone who has the time to care.  Respond
RID: 589098
13/05/08 1 1 1 1 I took both of my sons to Dr. Wolfram. He was never on time. The last time we went there, I had waited over an hour, found out he was at the hospital, and told the staff we could not wait any longer. I had no intention of paying for this last appointment and am not sure when the doctor actually got to the office. I received a note later from his office that he had "waived" our fee for not cancelling within 24 hours! As for the other comments about harshness, lack of bedside manner, etc., I would not agree more.
RID: 439318
05/11/07 2 1 1 1 On my first appointment I was asked to come in 40 minutes early to fill out paperwork, after completing the paperwork two patients in the waiting room began discussing how long they had been waiting, one for over 2 hours. My appt was already 20 minutes past. When I asked the staff how long I would have to wait she was unsure but the other two women were in front of me. I asked for my paperwork back and left the office. In the lobby was a patient who had just left the office sobbing. I think this man should not be allowed practice.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 379809
05/08/07 2 1 1 1 This doctor is unempathethic, only sees symtoms, proscribes medications without a detailed knowlegde of all factors affecting patient. He seems to like to have fast sessions, just to proscribe medication, and get onto the next patient. His patients are scedueld back to back, the only reason i can guess is for, due to his inattentiveness, is financial gain. Never returns phone calls. Shouldn,t be allowed to practice medicine.
RID: 326785
23/05/07 1 1 1 Horrible bedside manner. Has disavowed his Hippocratic oath. Very harsh, and he is working with people who are mentally ill.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user