Rate Dr. Clifford Chan

Dr. Clifford Chan's Ratings

I will definitely be getting a second opinion. I don't think this guy knows his stuff. Scary considering he's been around a long time. He is abrupt, rough and very difficult to understand. If you have any other choice, I'd suggest taking it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1108557].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2014

Dr.Chan has been my doctor for years and has helped me through some really tough times with my health. He is always explaining everything to me and answers any questions I have about things and has never rushed me .....Thank you ! Dr.Chan ....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1108556].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2013

I was very happy with Dr Chen. He listened to me and made me feel very comfortable. He requested a bunch of tests for me to go for so that we can pin point exactly what is wrong. He even wanted me to repeat a test I had already done because it was 2 months old and he wanted to be accurate. His bed side manner was perfect and his touch was very gently. Something I find important with a gyno.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1108555].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

When I went into labour i got him.He had me pushing 4 hours & then decided i was"too small".He made some rude comments about me feeling like hotsoup?!He used the vacuum and had to cut me,and when he was sewing me back up i felt everything.He then said he would freeze it more &i still felt it.While healing a week after i could barely walk,when i wiped after the bathroom i pulled on a stitch(it was hanging down)i thought that was normal.After i left the hospital a week later i couldnt go the bathroom or sit down i ended up in emerg.My OB found a 6inch thred from the stitches hanging and got badly infected.She cut it and i went on 2 courses of antibiotics & salt baths.Then to find it hurt still to go the bathroom and have sex.It was looked at again and i have 2 small holes that are not sewn up,possiably leading through my skin into my anus and a peice of skin that makes it hurt to have sex.I will be going in for surgery to have eveything repaired.3months later in pain.He wasnteven my OB!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1108554].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2011

I was having troulbes with abnormal bleeding and Dr Chan right away had me have an ultrasound and then to be doubly sure a D&C to rule out cancer. I am very glad he did not fluff it off and say it was perimenopause but took the steps to find out if it was peri or cancer, thankfully not cancer. Thanks to Dr Chan i have peace of mind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1108553].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2011

i was transfered to dr chan from a midwife when i was 32 weeks pregnant due to high blood pressure. He was not the ob who delivered my son, but all appts i had with him, and all aftercare was fine. he is very quick, but he did answer any questions i had and i always thought he was friendly. as well, he was very quick and didn't hesitate when my blood pressure rose and sent me straight to the hospital to be induced.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1108552].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2010

Chan has been my gynocologist since I was a teen. I've never had problems for those appts. I did have problems conceiving and he put me on the proper medication. I did get pregnant with twins. I had shortening of the cervix and sent to the hospital on bedrest. He never came to see me. Thank god for the amazing Ultra/sound techs across from the hospital and for the oncall doctor who I still see him now for my yearly appts. Bed side manners not so great because he has so many patients. Overall I think he is a good doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1108551].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2010

we lost our baby she was stillborn and i think dr.chan didnt pay attention to what was going on

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1108550].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2010

he was my OB for my twins, it was a shared care experience with midwives. he was never on time for the appts and he would rush you out the door. I always felt rushed (well since he is never on time)and never comfortable asking questions. Luckily my twins were born and he wasn't the OB on call that night. When passing him at the hospital he wouldn't acknowledge me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1108549].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2009

he was aware of the size of my little girl and told me he would no consider inducing til 41 weeks. Luckily my daughter decided to arrive only 5 days late, but she was 9lbs. She would have been much bigger had he waited as long as he wanted to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1108548].votes_count ]]