Rate Dr. Dae-Wook Kang

Dr. Dae-Wook Kang's Ratings

I can not believe the lack of knowledge this doctor has about the medical field and patient care. Dr. Kang was my PCP for over a year. I have a condition that i can't figure out. I went to Dr. Kang for help, after nearly a year of him running test, and referring me to specialist each time i went back after the test was run he didn't even give me the result. To date i still don't know a single thing more about my condition then i did when i started seeing him. I was able to retrieve more information about my condition online within a couple months of personal research than in the entire year he was my doctor. I was always thought that part of a doctors job was to try and figure out what is wrong with the patients and help them. But with Dr. Kang this is not true by any means. I was forced after a year with no progress in my case to seek out a new PCP. Having little faith in Doctors , my condition has worsened. I don't recommend Dr. Kang as a physician. (Notice reviewers insurance info.)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1109570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2010

A wonderful doctor who advocates for his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1109569].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2009

Of course you're not able to understand what the other reviewers are talking about since you weren't one of the lucky people to meet Dr Kang when he's in one of his crabby moods. But if you had a doctor who asked you why you were bothering to keep seeking medical care for someone who was going to die anyways in such a blunt manner, I'm sure you would reevaluate him. It's been a good 2 years since I've seen him and I will never forget how rude and abrupt he is. Granted that there are cases where additional medical care would be hopeless there are better ways to voice your opinion. Every encounter that I had with him was negative. I work as a nurse at a great hospital and never have I seen anyone treat a patient the way he did. I'm glad to see that obviously he's changed for the better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1109568].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2008

Dr. Kang is the best! He is so caring and kind. He truly cares for his patients. He is also spot on in his diagnosis. I think he is one of the best doctors around.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1109567].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2008

Dr. Kang has been my doctor for the last 2 years. He has been a very helpful, nurturing and deligent doctor. When i was hospitilized for my high risk pregnancy he would even stop by and call me to make sure I was OK. Even though we was not taking care of me while I was pregnant. He has been nothing but careing and kind. I dont know what the other reviewers are talking about.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1109566].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2008

As a patient, I merely thought Dr. Kang was decent. However, I was fortunate enough to be a student under his wing for a few days and got to see just what kind of doctor he is. What I learned is that doctors are no superheroes and neither is Dr. Kang. What I saw was a doctor who would skip out on his only day off to care for a patient who had a very young son of no more 10 years of age and stay in the hospital for much longer than he should have to. However, caring for the patient does not necessarily entail being bedside at all times. I can't deny what the previous commenters experienced because I wasn't there and no patient should be an exception to the rule. I suppose a more consistent care would be the more accurate comment in this case.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1109565].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2008

I completely agree with the reviewer from 5/22/07. Never before have I met a doctor with so little interest in understanding and truly helping his patients, explaining the risks and effects of treatment, and alternative options. Add to that his distant demeanor and rude manners and imagine being a person seeking medical aid and being treated like a broken machine instead. I'll go as far as to say this person is a disgrace on medical profession.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1109564].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2008

This doctor does not exude any compassion for his patients and their families. Additionally, he speaks to others in a very abrupt manner and rude manner, failing to adequately explain anything. His bedside manners are truly appalling and need to be addressed by the hospital at which he is working at. He does not promote activities that would lead to an increased quality of life and instead, lets patients go downhill. For someone who works with oncology patients, he needs to reevaluate himself and think of the repercussions of his actions. He is not punctual and does not apologize, nor give adequate explanation of his lateless unless he is hounded for an explanation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1109563].votes_count ]]