Dr. Rhonda Flora

Grad. Year: 2000

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 28/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Rhonda Flora has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2549004
02/02/13 5 5 5 5 My doctor (Dr. Karamardian) who shares Dr Flora's practice was unfortunately was out of town when I went into labor with our first son. Dr. Flora was on call at the hospital and couldn't have been sweeter or more motivating during my delivery. Even though it was 5am and I was completely exhausted after 16 hours in labor, she was bubbly, open and made me feel like super woman! My husband and I loved her and wouldnt have wanted anyone else there to take over for our doctor but Dr. Flora. I highly recommend Dr Flora, Dr. Karamardian and all of the other doctors/staff in the Newport OBGYN practice. They are great!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2492944
07/12/12 1 2 1 1 Don't waste your time. God forbid you have a problem not related to pregnancy. I was suffering for numerous monthes. Paid lots of $$ and lots of time wasted. I saw another doctor who immediatly ran a thyroid test which indeed determined the problem. She never had that test done. Pretty basic one too. What, is she right out of med school?? Can't stand her staff. Miserable people. She is NOT a good doctor.
Respond

08/01/12 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1514070
16/08/11 4 4 5 4 I LOVE this Dr. Not only is she a sweetheart but her bedside manner is outstanding. She is comforting and makes u feel like a girlfriend rather than a patient. Although I have waited in her waiting room, she is worth the wait!! she delivered my son and walked me thru all my concerns and fears not to mention made my delivery as comfortable as could be. Thank u Dr Flora!!
RID: 1496385
26/07/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Flora is the best OBGYN by far! She delivered both of my boys. With my 2cd pregnacy I eneded up in the hospital for 12 weeks and she was always on top of my medical care. She always made me feel very comfortable and explained every detail of my pregnacy. The night before my delivery she was communicating with the nurses and myselt until midnight and was at the hospital at 5:00AM the next morning to deliver my baby! I still see her for my annual and is still the same sweet heart! I just lover her!! SHE IS THE BEST!!
RID: 1394569
22/03/11 4 2 5 5 Dr. Flora is just amazing. Every time I came in for an appointment she was so happy to see me and wanted to answer all my questions. If there was any sort of issue or problem I was having she would dig deeper to find out what it was. I highly recommend her as a doctor. She is thorough and thoughtful at the same time. I am so sad she doesn't take HMO anymore. I highly recommend her.
RID: 1060003
18/12/09 4 4 5 5 She is the best and comes highly recomended by friends and nurses that she works with. She was my dr. for my 2nd pregnancy and was 1000x better than the 1st doc I had. She is always, always kind, smiling, not rushing you, and strives to ensure her patients are comfortable and happy. Yes, you wait for her, but she spends about as much time with you as she spends with her others patients- this was very important to me so very worth the wait. She always explained everything and eased all my worries with her expertise and by ordering extra tests/ultrasounds where necessary. She even called me on the phone to answer a question and another time to thank me for something. It can be tricky to schedule appts because she is booked, and she does surgeries and does have Mondays off. Her scheduler did call me 3-4 times to push my appt back due to a delivery.
RID: 1055325
11/12/09 5 2 5 5 There is a very good reason it is difficult to get an appointment with Dr. Flora... It is because she is the best & most fabulous doctor you will ever be seen by. She is brilliant, patient, kind bedside manner, and genuinely concerned for your health and well-being. If you happen to be pregnant or plan to become pregnant, then you are in the best hands possible. Her nurses and assistants are just as kind and smart. She is the reason I have switched to PPO and worth it 100%.
RID: 1026149
04/11/09 4 3 5 5 Dr. Flora came highly recommended to me and I am glad I listened to the advice. She is very good in what she does. I am 5 mo pregnant and so far my experience with her has been great. She is very bubbly and you have to stare at her and wonder if its fake or if she's really just a good-natured doctor and that's what it is...she just loves her field and her patients. I know I am in good hands with Dr. Flora.
RID: 999424
30/09/09 5 4 5 5 I can't say enough great things about Dr. Flora and her staff. I feel very safe in her hands. I'm reading a lot of people are unhappy with their wait times. Trust me, the extra wait is worth the wait! I honestly believe this is because she takes so much care with each patient. I've never felt rushed with her. She simply doesn't let you leave until all your questions and concerns have been met. She doesn't make me feel crazy for asking what may be silly questions, in fact, quite the opposite. As for her staff... I have NO IDEA why anybody would say they are not wonderful. I feel well taken care of and right at home whenever I walk in. They are extremely efficient and were great with work paperwork when I got put on bedrest early. Going to Dr. Flora was the best decision I've ever made.
RID: 786008
10/02/09 5 3 5 5 I can't say enough about how wonderful, patient, and gracious Dr. Flora is as an OB/GYN. She is the happiest, bubbliest Dr I have ever seen, and extremely skilled and knowledgeable to boot. She always makes me feel comfortable and takes as much time as we need to make sure I feel good about the visit and that all my questions are answered. I feel 100% confident in her abilities, and actually look forward to seeing her at every visit! No matter what kind of day she's having, she always enters the room with a big cheerful hello and a smile. She takes every concern I have seriously, and recommends all kinds of things to address any discomfort/problem I am having. I would strongly recommend her to anyone, although as of january she has stopped taking HMO. She's worth the PPO though!  Respond
RID: 744648
16/12/08 5 4 5 5 She is a fabulous doctor! The practice is very busy, so yes, you need to wait a little longer than you would like sometimes. BUT, it's worth it... I'd rather see a doctor I knew was busy than someone that had all too much time... you'd be wondering what's wrong that the doctor didn't have a waiting room full of patients!
RID: 717029
06/11/08 1 1 2 2 Horrible. The wait time to get an appointment and to be seen is extreme. The office is always packed. The staff is the worst. I would not recommend this practice.  Respond
RID: 700357
11/10/08 4 3 5 5 She is fabulous! My water broke and it was her day off yet she came in and delivered my son. Dr. Flora went above and beyond what I think a doctor does.
RID: 683524
12/09/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Flora is the most amazing doctor I have ever encountered. She is invested in her clients to the utmost degree and her caring is evident. She exceeds my expectations for a doctor in every way!!!
RID: 672261
22/08/08 5 2 5 5 Although it may take some time to get into your appointment, you know that she will spend a lot of time with you addressing your needs.  Respond
RID: 652791
28/07/08 4 1 5 4 She is a good Dr. the only problem is she runs behind all the time and when she needs to run out for deliveries which is all the time there is no one there to see her patients and we need to reschedule...  Respond
RID: 578084
25/04/08 4 1 5 5 Dr. Flora is wonderful but the entire practice is hindered by poor office management. Given their specialty, the doctors can be pulled out for deliveries but they do not have adequate coverage to insert another doctor in to cover appointments. I've shown up for appointments and had wait times from 15 minutes to 2 hours. I've heard the office staff say to others and myself that their doctor had been running late "all day" but the staff never bothers to call patients and let them know the potential wait time or try to reschedule.  Respond
RID: 501700
01/02/08 4 3 5 5 Dr. Flora is a cheerful young doctor. She is always positive and encouraging and takes her time. The office is really busy and the wait time can be annoying but Dr. Flora never rushes when she comes in and she make you feel comfortable asking questions. I can't think of many other doctors I would actually recommend to women other than her.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 463735
13/12/07 1 1 1 5 Dr. Flora was the doctor that delivered my daughter by C Section. I must say that that went very well. But as far as her office visits go all I have to say is, NIGHTMARE. Her office staff is TERRIBLE. Can't get an appointment date and time right to save their lives. They screwed up one of my appointments at one point so badly that they only scheduled the one for the ultrasound and not the office visit. I ended up being told to wait 30 minutes to be seen. Another 30 minutes later, I was still sitting there and was EXTREMELY irritated. I proceeded to get in an arguement with her VERY RUDE scheduler. After that without even investigating the matter Dr. Flora dropped me from her practice when it was her own staffs fault that there was ever a problem. Not to mention she herself was a coward and could not call and tell me this herself. I never received my blood tests results back that I paid for as well. She as a surgeon is amazing. As a doctor and practice, I wouldn't waste my time.
RID: 388904
20/08/07 4 2 5 5 I have several friends that see Dr. Flora, including myself. She is wonderful. She is so attentive, and makes you feel like you're the only patient she has that day. However, the trade off is that she does always run behind, but you can be sure she will take her time with you as well. She recently delivered my nephew, which I happened to be in the room for. She is very calm and upbeat, and seems really excited about what she does. I would highly recommend her. Since she can only take so many patients per month, it does take quite a few months to get an appointment with her. If you're willing to wait, she's well worth it.
RID: 324825
21/05/07 4 5 5 After my first high risk pregnancy w/ a different OB, I was in the market for someone new and Dr. Flora was it! She is the best! Very attentive, really listens to your concerns, willing to try anything to help maintain healthy pregnancy. Just a very kind, warm, young Dr. She always made me feel comfortable as well as my toddler son who went with me to all appointments. Delivery was smooth and she really seemed to have a personal interest in each of her patients. Plus she takes care of many of the nurses at the hospital I delivered at. So glad I found her and I would highly recommend her to anyone.