Rate Dr. Theresa R. Benecki

Dr. Theresa R. Benecki's Ratings

Basically she is the worst most uncaring doctor I have ever been to. I used to dread going to the appointments because she was so nasty. She acted like she had no time to be in the room with you and she was too busy to even be there but she was always talking to the other woman that work in the office(who are also just as nasty) behind the front counter. I changed doctors and have realized how wonderful it is to go to a doctor that actually cares about their patients. I do no reccomend this woman to anyone. My entire family has gone to her and we have all swtiched because she is the absolute worst.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1110532].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2012

I had been having the worst pain of my life for months straight so I went to Dr Benecki as recommended by a friend. She did a VERY ROUGH pap smear ( I couldn't urinate without burn for weeks and my new gyno told me I had little cuts inside ). She told me the pain was "all in my head". After I found a COMPETENT gyno I was diagnosed with cysts, polyps, scar tissue, adhesions, fibroids and endometriosis. I guess it was NOT "all in my head"!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1110531].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2011

This was my first time ever going to a gynecologist before, so I was extremely nervous. I went because I had not gotten my period in 3months and couldn't figure out why (there was no chance of pregnancy). I was crying when I got in the room with the doctor and she seemed very cold. I didn't expect her to give me a hug and comfort me, but a little "It's ok to be nervous, tell me why you are" or something would've helped. Instead, she handed me a tissue and looked annoyed. She didn't really listen to me, it seemed as if she just wanted to get out of the room and when I asked her questions about what she was prescribing me, she kept inching toward the door and opened it as I was sitting there half naked! I will not be going back to her again. I will go to a male doctor before I see her again. But everyone is different. Just because I had a bad experience doesn't mean everyone will.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1110530].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Benecki since I was 15 years old and am now 24. I always had a very positive experience, whether it was in the office for an appointment or had a question over the phone (which she personally calls you back to answer). Dr. Benecki always made the time for me during my appointment and always answered all of my questions, even if there was a wait. That being said, there are times when you have to wait for about an hour, but if you are getting the care you need and attention you deserve, it's not that big of a deal. She also always makes me feel comfortable, she converses with me, is always in a good mood and makes sure that I know what's going on and explains everything. 2 Years ago my insurance changed I had to go elsewhere. It was a horrible experience. Luckily, last year she started taking my insurance and I was able to go back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1110529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2011

i am finding out that i have cancer.doctor spent 3 minutes with me.i of course was upset at my diagnosis and had questions.dr. told me she had other patients to see and didnt have time to answer my questions.i was confused and distrought and needing more info.i left the exam room crying.3 minutes is not enough time to spend with a patient.patients sould have a right to have their questions and concerns addressed.i went to the front desk and asked if i needed to make a seperate appt. to address my questions and concerns ...they said they dont do that.this doctor handled my cancer as if she was diagnosing a hang nail.i need a doctor who can answer my questions and let me know what my options are and where to go next. i would not recommened this dr. to anyone.i asked around and have found a dr. who actually cares.these seem to be few and far between.but please ...never let a dr. treat you like this or make you feel like you are nothing.keep looking for that special one who actually cares.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1110528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2010

I had an infection and was allergic to the antibiotics she prescribed. When I asked if she could prescribe something else she told me to see an allergist to be de-sensitized to the antibiotics I was allergic to. I had to find another doctor to prescribe meds to clear up my infection. Very uncaring and insensitive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1110527].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2009

I have been going to her for about 15 yrs and I am very happy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1110526].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2008

i saw this doctor when i was 20. i always had "female" problems so my mom took me to see a female doctor. it was my first exam and she was rough and uncaring. when i cried , she asked what could possibly be the problem? i said you're hurting me. she acted as if she were deaf. it turnes out, i have endometriosis and vulvodynia. she was WAY off her game!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1110525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2007

Very caring and personable as well as knowledgeable and thorough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1110524].votes_count ]]