Rate Dr. Arthur Castelbaum

Dr. Arthur Castelbaum's Ratings

Dr. Castelbaum and his entire staff are amazing! They show so much compassion. I was able to send a quick e-mail to the doctor when I had a question, and he would reply, usually within minutes. They make you feel very comfortable at all appointments. You never have long waits. They are very thorough with all instructions for medications and procedures. I would recommend this practice to anyone with infertility issues.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2014 | flag

Dr. Castlebaum and the doctors and staff of RMA were wonderful. My husband and I had issues with unexplained infertility for months. We met with Dr. Castlebaum to discuss our plan and we were pregnant after our first attempt. Dr. Castelbaum had a wonderful bedside manner and make a very emotional experience seamless and pleasant. There was always someone available to answer my questions and I was able to receive my blood work results the same day. The office hours were very convenient. Overall my experience with RMA was great and I would recommend them to anyone.

Submitted Aug. 24, 2014 | flag

When we first walked into Dr. Castelbaum's office, my husband and I didn't know what to expect. We'd been trying to get pregnant for several months and were nervous that there was a problem. Castelbaum, from Day 1, was reassuring, confident, and knowledgeable about our situation and immediately got us going on a plan. After only two months (and only one cycle of artificial insemination), I got a positive pregnancy test! Today I am eight weeks pregnant and this was our last appointment before switching to an OB, and I literally cried before we left. I will really miss Castelbaum's calm and humorous personality, his ability to really listen to you, take you seriously, and respond accordingly. He answered every one of my 10,000 questions at each visit, never acting like I was crazy or annoying. I will really miss the staff there - from the smiling woman who greets us at the front desk to the one who draws your blood, they are the most sincere, comforting, genuine people I have ever encountered at a doctor's office. The whole office makes you feel like NOT just another patient - but someone who matters, someone they want to see succeed. Not to mention, they are SO quick and efficient! I barely have a chance to sit down in the waiting room before they're ready for me, and they called me with results like clockwork after each visit. It was bittersweet leaving today - knowing we were successful meant not seeing these people anymore! Anyone who is experiencing difficulty while trying to have a baby - do yourself a favor and see Castelbaum and his staff. We already know that when it's time to try for Baby #2, that's the first place we're going.

Submitted Aug. 11, 2014 | flag

After two years of trying and one miscarriage, my husband and I decided to seek help. My FSH level came back extremely high (31). Initially insurance denied me fertility assistance. I was devastated. Dr. Castlebaum was very calm and their staff helped me get my insurance to approve another test to make sure my tubes were clear. That test came back with good results and Dr. Castlebaum had me wait another month to see if my FSH numbers lowered. Next, I started acupuncture, working out, got lots of sleep and ate an extremely healthy diet. My next test for my FSH numbers went down to a 13. The RMA staff called my insurance company and pleaded my case. They got me approved for treatment! I took a vacation out of the country, so we did the IUI treatment the following month. My FSH went down to an 8 and Dr. Castlebaum was successful with the IUI- first try! I couldn't be more thankful to Dr Castelbaum and his staff! They send your results the same day and reply to emails immediately!

Submitted July 14, 2014 | flag

I couldn't be happier with RMA, particularly Dr. Castlebaum. I was successful in getting pregnant twice, both times via the first IUI. Dr. Castlebaum made me feel comfortable with the fertility plan he identified for me and his confidence, friendliness and humor made my husband and I very relaxed. He took the time to listen to my questions and always had a great answer/advice for me. I would recommend him to any woman suffering from infertility as without him I would not have my daughter and my second child on the way. I would also like to commend the office staff. They are always polite and friendly. They make you feel like more of a friend than just another patient, they truly go out of their way to make a connection. They were also very prompt with follow up phone calls and always took the time to answer questions, I never felt rushed off the phone. If I decide to go for a third I would 100% being go back to RMA/Dr. Castlebaum! :)

Submitted June 15, 2014 | flag

My husband and I had the most wonderful experience with Dr. Castlebaum and the entire staff at RMA. Would highly recommend!!!

Submitted April 12, 2014 | flag

I had an overall great experience with Dr. Castlebaum and RMA of Philadelphia. Office staff was excellent. Got me in and out of my appointments quickly, but I never felt rushed. Called with blood work results the same day and answered all my questions. Worked with my work schedule for my convenience. Dr. Castlebaum was very straight forward with his approach to my treatment plan. I came in with unexplained infertility. First plan was 3 rounds of Clomid with IUI. When the first round of Clomid didn't work, he moved on to another drug instead of wasting time with Clomid. When the next 2 rounds of IUI didn't work, Dr. Castlebaum called me to sit down and meet with him. He wanted to be more aggressive, and given my insurance coverage, I also didn't want to waste any time or money. We went straight to IVF. My husband and I are expecting our first child this fall. Dr. Castlebaum continued to follow me for 9 weeks, to make sure everything was good with the pregnancy.

Submitted April 4, 2014 | flag

I saw Dr. Castelbaum at RMA. Although I adore the staff, he was just okay in our opinion. We often felt he did not fully understand my PCOS and what was going on with me, and would throw things out there to see what would stick. I never felt confident in my treatment plan. We are ready for a second opinion after a year with RMA. We went to Abington Reproductive Medicine at the suggestion of a friend who was successful with them and were initially impressed. Let's see how the first cycle goes. Dr. Nichols asked a lot more questions of us at the consultation and made us feel like a person rather than a number as Dr. Castelbaum did. But I will say that the staff is above and beyond at RMA.

Submitted Feb. 20, 2013 | flag

I came for IVF treatment. It is true he has good bedside manners. However, I do not see him as the expert to go to- especially if you are dealing with multiple issues. I started one IVF cycle without any prior suppression. I think he thought it was warranted because of my age. But when my estrogen levels went up too high and my follicles weren't growing at the same rate - he suggested I cancel the cycle. He said that I was an average responder and that I just had a bad cycle. So after that canceled cycle, I started another cycle with prior suppression. My estrogen was high and it resulted in a negative beta. Based on other doctors' opinions, there was too much stimulation because my uterine lining and egg quality was compromised. Further, I was also told that it is unusual for follicles to grow at the same rate and that is why doctors start with some kind of suppression at the beginning of the cycle. I think it was too convenient for him to blame my age on anything that went wrong.

Submitted April 3, 2012 | flag

Dr. Castelbaum is an amazing doctor. He is extremely good at what he does, confident, and thorough. He really listens to your concerns and addresses them. I felt like he took my opinions into account when treating me. I cannot rate him highly enough! After a year of seeing another fertility doctor at another practice, we made the switch to Dr. Castelbaum. We knew we made the right decision as soon as we completed our inital consultation. We then successfully conceived on the first round of IVF with Dr. Catelbaum.

Submitted Dec. 27, 2011 | flag