Dr. Anna Ells

Rate Dr. Anna Ells

Dr. Anna Ells's Ratings

You may have to wait to see her, but realize she is saving children's vision and seeing the most incredibly challenging cases. She is the reason my son can see today (former preemie). Wonderful, passionate lady who LOVES her clients. Yes she rushes, and yes she is fast, but that is because she knows what she is doing, and sees TONS of patients in 1 day. She also travels between the NICU and children's hospital to save these preemie babies eyesite (usually they don't have time to wait for their surgery).

Submitted Aug. 10, 2013 | flag

The wait time to see Dr Ells is ridiculous. They are way overbooked with a wait time of approx 2 hrs almost every time you go there. It's becoming more and more difficult to keep my son entertained every time I go there as he gets older, especially since he doesn't walk so he can't play at all with the toys there. I find Dr. Ells to always be in a rush. She started out just checking my son's retinas to ensure they were growing properly since he was a preemie and she wouldn't say anything at all, then say, come back in a week or whatever. If I ever wanted to know if they were good, or any other thing about my son's eyes that she was checking I had to ask her. I don't find her friendly as others have said and always feel like she can't wait to move on to the next person so she can leave.

Submitted June 19, 2013 | flag

She has saved my vision, a most challenging task. She is gracious, professional and respectful. I am so very lucky she is part of my medical team.

Submitted March 12, 2013 | flag

Dr. Ellis has been very helpful and informative through both of my pregnancies. Awesome personality and always makes me feel very confident and relaxed.

Submitted Oct. 1, 2012 | flag

Dr. Anna elles is great. She is helpful in everything from explaining the problem to fixing it.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2011 | flag

Me and my family had a referral to Dr. Ells back when I was 10 years old. She helped correct my eye problem and performed surgery on it a few months later and had good follow up the three years afterwards. We had a great experience with her and highly recommend her for work and effort. A very good doctor!

Submitted Aug. 17, 2011 | flag

I have a sever case of proliferative diabetic retinopathy, which Dr. Ells diagnosed when I was 6 days post-partum. She has looked ater me for the last 14 months, and I think she is the best doctor I have ever had. Sure, she's sometimes late, and her clinic gets very backed up at times, but it's a small price to pay. She is friendly, very knowledgeable, and empathetic. She has taken the time to answer all my questions and has offered me cutting-edge treatments for my disease. I think you would be hard-pressed to find a better ophthamologist out there. She has always made me feel like I am her number one priority, as I am sure she does with all her other patients as well.

Submitted July 29, 2011 | flag

Her office books patients at 8am but she doesn't walk in until 930. Very frustrating.

Submitted March 22, 2011 | flag

We first met Dr. Ells when my son was one day old. His eye had been severely damaged by the forceps during birth (that is a whole other blog). We were sent directly from Foothills to ACH immediately upon discharge...can you imagine the fear a parent has leaving the hospital with a new born? Dr. Ells was AMAZING!!! She took such great care with our son and with both of us. She explained every detail about his condition to us and even walked us through what the 5 year plan would be for his care. He was 1 day old! It was a very sad day, 5 years later, when she told us that she was not going to be treating his case anymore, because he was doing so well, and she was only taking specialty cases. She referred us to her colleague, Dr. Romaniuk, who is also very good. Thank god for Dr. Ells, couldn't have been any kinder or sweeter, just a gem...an angel on Earth.

Submitted May 7, 2010 | flag

She is the best, he is handling my sons difficult diagnosis and makes him feel comfortable.

Submitted March 22, 2010 | flag