Rate Dr. Louis Caputo

Dr. Louis Caputo's Ratings

After years of pain from walking on squished toes, I went to Dr. Caputo to have them straightened. He told me that these sort of "hammer toes" are genetic (despite me telling him that neither of my parents have foot problems or crooked toes) and that we were poor and didn't have enough money for shoes when I was a kid and that my shoes were usually too-small hand-me-downs and that I would have to wear holes in them before we got new ones. I have great insurance now and am ready to get these toes fixed, but Dr. Caputo seems to think that this would be "cosmetic" and not covered by insurance. He doesn't listen (he seemed oblivious to the pain I was describing and how my smaller toes will often painfully blister from the being squished under the other toes or that my big toes are so twisted and bent, I am practically walking on the side of the toes). I went to this doc because of the great reviews on this site, but it was a waste of time and money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2101445].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2007

Bunion repair. I had inflamatory reaction from silicon joint. He had to replace it a year later with Titanium. Wonderful. Excellent bedside manner. On time. Good teacher.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2101444].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2005

A very knowledgable doctor. He has given me the best advice and referrals of just about any doctor I've known.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2101443].votes_count ]]