Rate Dr. Marcia Prest

Dr. Marcia Prest's Ratings

Her receptionist is easily the worst I've ever encountered. Doesn't answer the phone, takes a really long time to return calls. Tried to discourage me from booking a follow-up appointment even when they still hadn't figured out what was wrong with me. She's extremely rude and unpleasant. Dr. Prest herself is nice enough but doesn't seem to really care if she helps you or not.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2625644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

Receptionist is very busy but if you understand her stress level you understand why she is the way she is. Give her a break and thank her for her help it will go a long way. Instead of complaining to her ask her how she is doing. She doesn't need to know your problems!! Dr Prest is great. Very knowledgeable. As for the people (comments below about fibre) wanting to be told how much or each thing to take and when it doesn't working that. It is different for everyone. Try one thing and adjust on your own. Ask for guidelines it depends on how each persons body deals with what it is given.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2577801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

I use to see dr. Prest years ago and rally liked her but I could never get through the office when I needed an appointment and would have to spend hours trying to call her. Whe I did get through her receptionist then and now was very rude, did not listen to anything I had to say and always cuts me off. Being a receptionist myself this is truly not acceptable especially when you are dealing with many people with chronic illness. I recently had to see dr. Prest again but am finding the same issues. Unable to reach her and not being able to get through her secretary. This is very up unfortunate as dr. Prest is a good doc but she really needs to find better receptionists!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2517423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

I saw Dr Prest several times, in the 80's I think, and it doesn't sound like anything has changed. It was a complete waste of time for me. After a painful colonoscopy she advised me to buy some high fiber cookies which she happened to be selling from a crate in her inner office. Of course the high fiber cookies just further aggravated the chrohns and chronic gut infection she had missed. Despite reporting the resulting pain increase to her several times, I wasn't given any further testing or a follow up appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2442297].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

@@@@@TERRIBLE@@@@@ Receptionist ever seen in my life. SO rude and do NOT care about me. I almost died from crohn's cause of her. DR PREST is very nice and take good care of you but to get to her, you have to pass her receptionist. They need to hire new receptionist for sure. Because of this bad receptionist many patients suffer. And it does not seem like I am the only one who felt rude and offended by her receptionist. Like.. Way too rude. I love Dr Prest but I wish her receptionist is gone. Made me feel so sick and terrible because of her terrible services.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1112156].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

I have suffered with Crohn's for over 12 years. Dr. Prest is my second GI and although she has helped me, I am confused as to why she would hire a receptionist who treats her patients so rudely and with such disrespect. I was nothing but pleasant to this woman, and was chastised and spoken to in an extremely rude manner for a misunderstanding between her and another medical office that had absolutely nothing to do with me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1112155].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2013

terrible experience. She spent more time auscultating my lungs than she did my bowels and refused to re-refer me to a gastroenterologist in AB when I had to move. Waste. Of. Time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1112154].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2013

It takes forever to get an appointment with her and the appointments are few and far between. This makes is extremely difficult to treat a chronic disease properly. Every time I waited at least 2 hours in the waiting room. Also it's impossible to get through to the office on the phone. Of course she is busy but as others have said she has bit off more than she can chew. I have been seeing a different GI since after I was diagnosed with crohns disease. Before I was diagnosed I was having major constipation mixed with diarrhea. Dr. Prest was very knowledgeable about why I was getting diarrhea and told me to take fibre. She didnt tell me how much however and eventually told me i had to be on laxatives for the rest of my life. I talked to my new GI and she told me to take at least 25g of fibre a day. If Dr. Prest had told me this I would have been peachy. She is a very nice lady, however, and I did feel as though she was trying to help and listen to me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1112153].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2012

This doctor is the best thing that has happend to me since I found out I had Chron's.yes I did have to wait to see her for the first time about six months. GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT. I have been seeing Dr. Prest for more than ten years now and she has done everything medically and professionally to help me and make me as comfortable as one can be with Chron's. For those of you who disagree maybe you should find someone new as you probably won't really believe in her medical opinion. SORRY FOR YOU. As for her receptionist, I would challenge any of you to do her job for a day. BET YOU WOULDN'T LAST? SHE IS THE ONE WITH THE MAGIC WAND. LOVE YOU BOTH & THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CARING? Karen/Langley

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1112152].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Prest by my doctor, since I needed to have a colonoscopy. Dr. Prest was very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. She was also the doctor who performed the procedure. What I appreciated most was before she administered the drug to knock me out (or at least forget everything), was she said something humorous, based on our last visit to help me feel more comfortable. I really appreciated this, and would highly recommend this doctor. I should add the notes I was given before the procedure were very helpful too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1112151].votes_count ]]