Dr. John Copen

5 1 2.7

You may also like

Rate Dr. John Copen

Dr. John Copen's Ratings

Inappropriate is a good way to describe him, he likes to ask questions out of the blue like have you ever molested your family before? How unprofessional can this lazy clown get? Someone please fire the arrogant wana be Dr. so sick patients can receive proper health care. HUGE waste of time don't see him if you want a decent Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2830686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Has no children , so,, has no business treating children.
I am ashamed of him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815993].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

I just want to say I am so totally impressed with dr. Copen. He is compassionate, kind, he has never rushed me, always answered my questions and genuinely cares about how I am feeling and not only listens to me but also HEARS what I am saying.
I've only been seeing him for a month and already he has made substantial changes for the better with the treatment of both my severe ADHD and social anxiety disorder. I have complete confidence in him and am so greatful to be his patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2783165].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Reading other people's reviews left me quite surprised. In regard to his lack of empathy and constant tardiness, I would 100% have to disagree. I have seen Dr. copen 2 times, and to say that my life has gotten better would be an understatement. There are certain aspects of my life that most people - including other professionals - have looked down on me for, which resulted in a detrimental amount of criticism, and having my basic rights ignored/violated. Dr. Copen gives me uttermost respect, listens to me; plus he hasn't been late from what I've seen. He tells it as it is and doesn't sugarcoat things. He has a sense of humor, which is really important for me, because it makes me feel more at ease and I could really use some laughter in my life. He is a go-getter, and I feel like he actually cares (not like some professionals out there, who are just in it for the paycheck). He is the best Psychiatrist - scratch that; the best Medical/Mental Health Professional - I've ever had. I would reccomend him to anyone and everyone. However, if you are pompous/stuck-up/don't enjoy humor, you're better off going to someone else.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2755912].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

Very poor regard for women, both staff and patients, thinks he is amusing and likes to hear himself talk, poor diagnostic skills, late but makes excuses, comments that verge on inappropriate, unprofessional manner and a very poor listener.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2668293].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 1, 2015

I'm a new patient of Dr. Copen's and have seen him 3 times. He's ranged from being about 10 to 30 minutes behind, which is perfectly acceptable in my experience for a specialist. He does not rush appointments, and I feel heard and helped after each visit. I've visited him at 3 of the offices he practices in, and have found the support staff to be very friendly. In my experience so far, he ensures he hears and understands what I say--he takes notes on his computer and reflects back what I've said and how he's interpreted it to make sure it's correct and I agree. He is direct and confident, which I appreciate in someone helping with my health and well-being. Contrary to other reviews I'ver read here, he has not pushed medication on me and seems to have a very balanced approach toward mental health by using pharmaceuticals and talk therapy. I appreciate his approach and find him to be both knowledgable and compassionate. I only stumbled on this site while looking for his phone number. I felt compelled to leave a review for those patients who might read this before meeting him. My advice would be to go into your appointment with and open mind and form your own opinion.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2650191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

It is probably not the support staff's fault but he is consistently late, if he actually decides to show up. He will give patient and other Mds incorrect information based on his initial impression and before test results and opinions of a more qualified Md. have been received. To say he is unprofessional is one of the more glaring understatements that can be gleaned from comments. In a case I am close to, a misdiagnoses was passed on before final tests proved something entirely different. This may have something to do with his "god complex". This is dangerous and it can be concurred by others in his speciality. Not only does he pass on incorrect and damaging information on client/patient but he can be very inappropriate with comments and actions.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1113259].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2013

I'm alarmed at all the unpleasant ratings... As soon as I walked into UVic's psych area, I thought 'God I hope that's my psychiatrist' about this man patiently listening to a very depressingly frantic hypochondriac. I realized that was why he was running behind so much - he simply gives patients as much of his time as he can. He seemed like he was pulling little tricks/tests on me in order to diagnose me, at the cost of making himself appear a bit of an arse (he came to the quick conclusion I have social anxiety disorder, and was spot on about my Bipolar I disorder [diagnosed twice previously]. I'm kind of annoyed that he kept saying I use big words & acted like I used them incorrectly (he told me I had never experienced anaphylaxis when I mentioned it- but I just now realized that he had just been speaking with a blatant hypochondriac before seeing me) but all in all, he was amazing, because he spent THREE freaking hours with me, and I would have been fine with a half hour...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1113257].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2013

He always writes his prescriptions wrong and the pharmacists have to clarify his orders. LEARN TO USE A COMPUTER! Why don't you read your own writing??!! Your crappy writing makes me wait twice as long at the pharmacy as other dr's.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1113256].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2012

he never contacted my family doc for two years.the nurses for the tv visit thinks he is wierd.iwent to see him in t bay to ask a simple question and acted like he didnt know me,my doc ask him for his assment and three times denied. that was 2006 still no reply to doc.two years seeing him and no report,does not want to do his paper work. had a new secretary ever time went in, somthing is really wrong with his work ethics.run if his name comes up aslo has a methadon liesce very scary

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1113258].votes_count ]]