Dr. Steven Evans

Rate Dr. Steven Evans

Dr. Steven Evans's Ratings

Grant the fact that he is knowledgeable of his medical and health profession... However, I don't see why I should be filling out paperwork that could easily have been pulled out from my medical history online (as we should be aware of). My Health, before injury was great, until a major knee injury, plus quitting smoking which left me unable to do anything until starting physio... Inresults to the injury, my health dropped, with weight gain as well... Instead of putting that to consideration, when going for my physical (3-4 parts that he seems to forget, despite having a folder with my namen on it), it is quickly snubbed, or ignored like it was not heard... and no matter how much I've been trying, I'm still being told not good enough, most of which I can't help, but I try more than he assumes! suddenly, he leaves, which makes you wonder if you're appointment is done or not. He is good, but his personal skills and attitude can use some work! :(

Submitted April 11, 2011 | flag

this doctor is very dismissive. i am VERY disapointed with his service and wont be coming back to see him. very unfortunate.

Submitted Feb. 26, 2011 | flag

This guy only wants your money, don't let his nice accent fool you.... He told me I have one thing, and litterally diagnosed me with another! I had something wrong with my genitale area, he told me not to worry, that it's nothing, AND THEN HE WROTE THAT I HAVE ASPHYXIA WITHOUT TELLING ME!!??? **** you Doctor Evens for being such a ****ING ****.

Submitted Feb. 20, 2011 | flag

Complete ****. Didn't want to give me the light of day. Seemed as if he wasn't interested. I waisted my time.

Submitted Feb. 20, 2011 | flag

I can really support the comments on this board about Dr. Evans. On the 5 or so times I have seen him he is a different person. In my opinion he sees so many patients in a day he shuffles them in and out and is board by most. If you or your disease are interesting he will become engaged. Otherwise he is quick to diagnose and dismiss. He is also very much about the money and is close to loosing his integrity. He decided half way through a conversation that my mole was a wart once he realized he could charge for a wart. As an initial medical person he is acceptable but if ever I needed medical attention for a serious issue I would want better.

Submitted Oct. 28, 2010 | flag

I have been seeing this doctor for over 5 years (when he first started in Kanata) The services and his detail and caring for my care has gone way down since he has gone into the clinic. I found out that I am expecting a child and he has not been very helpful or cared or addressed my issues. I was promised a dating ultrasound and this was not booked. I had to call and change the appointment as they booked me for the wrong one. I had a lecture last week about how I shouldn't be proactive about my pregnancy and that he knows what is best for me. He has known for 2 weeks I am pregnant and he has still not sent out my referral to the OB. I really do not recommend this doctor and will be changing knowing that I have a baby on the way. I also agree, this clinic and this doctor will charge you for ANYTHING they can. We have talked to family members and found out they where not charged for similar paper work.

Submitted May 19, 2009 | flag

I had Dr. Evans when he was in Trenton, He was by far the BEST doctor I ever had and I really miss him. As far as I am concerned he would be welcome back here anytime. He was alway's very friendly and warm with me and I thought of him as a friend as well as my doctor. PLEASE COME BACK TO TRENTON DR. EVANS!!

Submitted March 5, 2009 | flag

The ONLY reason I went to see this doctor was to get a shot for my travel plans. What I got instead was a 10 minute lecture on how the water in the Caribbean is BETTER then the water in Ottawa and how Canadians and Americans are so uninformed. etc etc. He told me he was from Grenada (so he takes it all personally!) and the water is so good you can drink it from a pipe on the road . He went on to lecture me about how I should get these shots EVEN if I wasn't traveling (well I got them so let it go!) It turned what could have been a 5 minute appt. into a 15 minute one! I felt bad for those waiting on him and was annoyed with the way he talked to me. I will not go to the walk in again, if he is working.

Submitted Jan. 17, 2009 | flag

Horrible! takes 5 visits to do one phisical, returns personal calls while i am still in a paper sheet sitting not even a foot away!, called and asked me to book an appointment for some results (would have been 6th visit) i called a week later to see what tests it is from and they tell me they have no idea what i am talking about because they have no new results in my file, took 3 months after my first visit to reffer me to my ob, which meant he was now too booked for my delivery date. many more reasons but over all i think he just likes makin the money on every visit he does, the more times you have to come back the better. And for you people who say that the wait time has to do with the walk in clinic, he does not see any walk in's on the days he see's his regular patients and does not have sechduled appointments the days he does walk in's so that is not the problem.

Submitted Jan. 5, 2009 | flag

Are we all talking about the same guy? Slight accent. Has moved around a lot (Trenton, Kanata, Stittsville). First impression was positive as Dr. Evans can be very personable, outgoing and talkative. But after a few appointments it became clear that he just managed symptoms. I complained for 1.5 years that my ears were plugged from allergies and I needed to see an allergist. He consistently said, 'Just take some antihistamines." I finally had to go to another walk-in clinic and ask the Dr. there for a referral. Previous comments on unecessary multiple appointments for a physical are 'bang on'.

Submitted Dec. 22, 2008 | flag