Rate Dr. Steven Evans

Dr. Steven Evans's Ratings

I have had Dr. S. Evans both at Rideau Valley & Strandherd Medical Centre. I agree with all the non positive comments about him in here. He is very arrogant, dismissive & condescending. I had thyroid problems but he prescribed me with anti depressant pills despite knowing that I breastfed. He completely ignored my thyroid issue & became a "self proclaimed" psychologist instead. He is in no position to touch in the area of psychology or psychiatry unless he has some credentials in the area. Of course, I torn his RX (prescription) for anti depression pills into pieces after & never went to see him again. He also says he doesnt believe in LAB BLOOD WORK...he says what blood work reports show is not what it is. So just watch out...if your blood shows something alarming, he will not notify you because he will do his own analysis & wont even bother to inform you. I am seeing another doctor with regards to my throid issue & all is under control & I was never put on any anti depressant pills or anything with my new doctor. This doctor is a disagrace to Canadian health care. Not sure who approved his medical license? He doesn't seem to be a graduate of any Canadian medical schools. AVOID HIM if you love yourself & care for your health!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2746197].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

He listens AND he cares. Marks of an exceptional doctor. Knowledge and communication excellent

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2550792].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

I choose to assume that the people who have in the past given Dr. Evans poor ratings are real sincere people, not internet trolls. This leaves me very puzzled. He has been our GP since before he went to the Stittsville walk-in clinic and my wife and I (in our 70's now) have always liked him and found him effective.

Dismissive? Never to either of us. Maybe sometimes slightly inclined to talk before giving full consideration to what I have said, but always interested. He took an interest in my wife's suggestions about other treatment possibilities than his. Forgetful? Well if he ever was he has made efforts to correct that, he now keeps records on his lap-top and always refers to them. Drug pusher? Not to us, that we are aware of, I have had only a few prescriptions over several years and every one was spot-on effective. Money-motivated? No money has ever left my pocket that would have reached his, and I don't recall any unnecessary OHIP-billable visits. Rude staff? Never to us, they always remember our names and were very apologetic once when I was booked at 9 and they thought it was 11 and let me sit there. Dr. Evans apologized also. Staff always good when taking blood. Okay, I could sometimes wish for less time sitting in the waiting room.

Maybe I got off on the right foot at first meeting when I correctly guessed his accent – well I said Trinidad but he said close enough, same as Grenada.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2532789].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

Grant the fact that he is knowledgeable of his medical and health profession... However, I don't see why I should be filling out paperwork that could easily have been pulled out from my medical history online (as we should be aware of). My Health, before injury was great, until a major knee injury, plus quitting smoking which left me unable to do anything until starting physio... Inresults to the injury, my health dropped, with weight gain as well... Instead of putting that to consideration, when going for my physical (3-4 parts that he seems to forget, despite having a folder with my namen on it), it is quickly snubbed, or ignored like it was not heard... and no matter how much I've been trying, I'm still being told not good enough, most of which I can't help, but I try more than he assumes! suddenly, he leaves, which makes you wonder if you're appointment is done or not. He is good, but his personal skills and attitude can use some work! :(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1114301].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

this doctor is very dismissive. i am VERY disapointed with his service and wont be coming back to see him. very unfortunate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1114300].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2011

This guy only wants your money, don't let his nice accent fool you.... He told me I have one thing, and litterally diagnosed me with another! I had something wrong with my genitale area, he told me not to worry, that it's nothing, AND THEN HE WROTE THAT I HAVE ASPHYXIA WITHOUT TELLING ME!!??? **** you Doctor Evens for being such a ****ING ****.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1114299].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2011

Complete ****. Didn't want to give me the light of day. Seemed as if he wasn't interested. I waisted my time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1114298].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2011

I can really support the comments on this board about Dr. Evans. On the 5 or so times I have seen him he is a different person. In my opinion he sees so many patients in a day he shuffles them in and out and is board by most. If you or your disease are interesting he will become engaged. Otherwise he is quick to diagnose and dismiss. He is also very much about the money and is close to loosing his integrity. He decided half way through a conversation that my mole was a wart once he realized he could charge for a wart. As an initial medical person he is acceptable but if ever I needed medical attention for a serious issue I would want better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1114297].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2010

I have been seeing this doctor for over 5 years (when he first started in Kanata) The services and his detail and caring for my care has gone way down since he has gone into the clinic. I found out that I am expecting a child and he has not been very helpful or cared or addressed my issues. I was promised a dating ultrasound and this was not booked. I had to call and change the appointment as they booked me for the wrong one. I had a lecture last week about how I shouldn't be proactive about my pregnancy and that he knows what is best for me. He has known for 2 weeks I am pregnant and he has still not sent out my referral to the OB. I really do not recommend this doctor and will be changing knowing that I have a baby on the way. I also agree, this clinic and this doctor will charge you for ANYTHING they can. We have talked to family members and found out they where not charged for similar paper work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1114296].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

I had Dr. Evans when he was in Trenton, He was by far the BEST doctor I ever had and I really miss him. As far as I am concerned he would be welcome back here anytime. He was alway's very friendly and warm with me and I thought of him as a friend as well as my doctor. PLEASE COME BACK TO TRENTON DR. EVANS!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1114295].votes_count ]]