Rate Dr. Paul A. April

Dr. Paul A. April's Ratings

I have read all the comments and the comments about his attitude and other off the wall stunts have happened to me. Dr. April sent me to other doctors and know there finding are not correct. He also made a statement to my face about if I fall of the examining table, we will need a crane to pick me up.He does not believe in Fibromyalgia,he claims the doctor that he knows personally made a mistake in making this fibromyalgia a condition. He will not listen, even when he asks the questions. I have serious medical issues that are on paper from well trained medical people,there all wrong. About him taking his time with a patient is wrong, he does not want to get up and do his job. He wants to chat about off the wall topics. Aprils bed side manner stinks he is no help,the tests he does, he not qualified,his treatments of sticking needles in you to inject what? Oh yes I forgot tendinitis goes away. Dont go to him, he is not worth the time or effort. Doctors stop sending him people.

Submitted May 13, 2013 | flag

Second worst Dr Ive ever seen for RA, he is in the stone age, started diagnosing somthing unrelated to why I was there, His Medical suggestions were scary, he seriously needs to retire, I would not recoment this Dr. to anyone

Submitted Sept. 12, 2011 | flag

This doctor took me from bedridden and unable to care for myself to today im running around and mowing the lawn!! His older school techniques worked magic compared to the others trying the new techniques that still have problems. He is grumpy and straight forward which makes me giggle but his knowledge and expertise outway that of any other rheumy ive been to. I saw a new rheumy and he can see no signs of ra due to the treatment that Dr. April has put me on. What a blessing this man was for me!!

Submitted June 7, 2011 | flag

Worst Dr. I have ever been to...didn't listen to you. I agree with his desk was full of old medical journals and magazines/ food and drinks everywhere. When they X-rays me was old machine and did't really care about the X-rays they took. Staff didn't seem to like him. When he came in to exam me he came in with this 1960 or 70 medical bag I felt very uncomfortable with him. He would ask questions that I already answered on the paper work. He asked questions that did not have anything to do with my lupus. He Tried to do a breast exam.. I refused.. Did not feel he really cared or new anything of the new medicine that was going on with Lupus. Only cared about what he wanted to... Since I saw this Dr. several years ago he does haunt me... I have found a great Rheumatologist here in tulsa. I would not recommend this Dr. like others have said to my worst enomy.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2010 | flag

I am thrilled to find that Dr. April is still practicing his extraordinary gift of doctoring. You guys who had your feelings hurt..please call 1-800-boohoo. I had him as my doctor several years ago. I have NEVER found another doctor like him. His level of brilliance, his level of care are amazing. Yes, he can be abrupt. But, I don't need a BFF, I need a fabulously capable doctor. So, for my money and for my health, I would always choose Dr. April. In fact, I am thinking of flying into Tulsa to have an appointment with him, if I can get in. He is a wonderful doctor. And, that is what I care about. So, my adivce here is this: if you need a little pat on your little head, skip April. However, if you are sick and need help, buck up and get in to see him.

Submitted March 26, 2010 | flag

He's GREAT!! Not 'Sweet", not "poor you", he wants facts only. He is brilliant. He takes time with his patients and doesn't want opinions of other docs to influence him. I really like him! He will tell you the blunt truth even if the truth is "I don't Know" or "your doctors a nut". Who cares as long as he gets it right, which he always has for us.

Submitted March 23, 2010 | flag

HE'S NOT PUNCTUAL ONLY BECAUSE HE TAKES HIS TIME WITH HIS PATIENTS WITCH YOU CAN NOT FIND ANYWHERE.I WAS SCARED AT FIRST MYSELF. HE IS ABRUBT BUT I THINK HE KNOWS MORE THAN ANY DOCTOR I'VE GONE TO.MY DOCTOR THOUGHT I HAD FIBROMYALGIA.I'M SO GLAD HE DIDN'T AGREE BECAUCE I DON'T.IT WAS JUST TENDONITIS.I'M ONLY 29 AND I FEEL I'M VERY HEALTHY AND JUST BECAUSE I WAS HURTING I WAS TOLD FIBRO.NO ONE DID ANY EXAM TO GIVE ME THAT DIAGNOISES.HE TOOK HIS TIME AND FIGURED OUT WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME.I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYBODY THAT REALY WANTS TO KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH THEM NOT WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR. THANK YOU TERESA MCMULLIN I FEEL GREAT

Submitted July 22, 2009 | flag

I wouldn't recommend this doctor to my worst enemy! He was terrible! First, they had me wait in the waiting room for over an hour, then finally took me back to the Docs office. There was moldy food and drink laying on his desk along with decade-old medical journals and magazines. His shelves were lined with medical books from the 70's and early 80's. He finally came in after an hour and I had made a list of all my symptoms and drugs I had been taking. I tried to hand it to him and he through it back in my face and said "that's a waste". He started asking me questions, but he interrupted before I could even get an answer out. Finally he took me back to the x-ray machine. After placing my knees in several painful positions and taking some x-rays, he stormed out of the room. His "tech" (no nurse) said the machine was really old and couldn't see through knees. I was brought back into an exam room where he told me there was nothing wrong with my knees and then told me I was anemic

Submitted May 14, 2009 | flag

My wife and I are retired and just moved to Oklahoma and are used to receiving some of the best medical care in the country at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore so we were a little concerned about finding that level of care in Oklahoma. We needn't have worried. My wife is in the medical profession herself and found Dr. April to be extremely knowledgeable. We had to wait a little while to get in to see him, but once we were in his office he spent over an hour taking a complete medical history for my wife. Dr. April was very pleasant to deal with and we would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. His office has been extremely efficient in setting up referrals for us and handling our insurance. We will be staying with Dr. April as long as he continues his practice.

Submitted March 4, 2009 | flag

I almost didn't go to Dr. April because of the negative comments here. He was very old and also rather abrupt. He wanted facts and did not want me to interupt when he was asking questions. But he was not rude and did not yell or curse at me. He has done more for me in the past month than 3 others doctors did in a year. I found him to be very thorough. He asked a lot of questions in order to properly diagnose my illness of Polymialgia. I didn't want someone else to write him off simply because of the very negative comments posted here. I prayed that God would give me favor with Dr. April. Maybe that was the difference between my outcome and theirs.

Submitted April 28, 2008 | flag