Rate Dr. Steven D. Gelbard

Dr. Steven D. Gelbard's Ratings

I recently saw him after being in an accident and injuring my back. I had seen him in the past for surgery on my neck. I did extremely well after the neck surgery and resumed all my previous activities without the pain I was having before the neck surgery. I had a fusion in my neck. My experience other than waiting to be seen, was excellent. He spent a lot of time with me, explained what was to be done, and did a great job with the surgery and I was completely better. I am now having back problems and just started care, but I highly recommend this Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2442371].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

I had a back lumbar surgery with Dr Gelbard after an accident and almost 3 years of pain. I awoke from the surgery with the leg pain gone and have done very well. I have no complaints other than waiting about an hour for appointments, but waiting room was busy. All the patients I talked to in waiting room were also very pleased with the surgerys they had. I highly recc this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2442370].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

I had both neck and back surgery by Dr Gelbard about 3 and 4 years ago respectfully and have done great in both. The back surgery was a revision of someone elses surgery that did not work, the neck was a first time surgery, and after both operations all my pain was gone. I can only say I did great and had no problems. The care I got was excellent, everything was explained well to me, him and his staff spent as much time as I needed both before and after the surgery. I hope I never need another surgery, but if I did I would 100% to back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1114425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2013

On that day, I was diagnosed with a meningioma brain tumor on my right frontal lobe. Two days later I underwent a successful operation to remove the tumor pressing on my brain. I would not be here today if it wasn't for my surgeon, Dr. Steven Gelbard and his Neurosurgery staff. They were impeccable throughout my stay at Jackson and extremely supportive during my recovery. Almost 3 years later, I'm happy to say that there has been no tumor recurrence, and I'm able to live out the rest of my life without any problems. I realize that not only am I lucky to be alive, but lucky to have also been given the care and guidance from Dr Gelbard's . I will be forever grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1114424].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2012

I whsh he would come back,all the doctors I have seen don't know there ass from hole in the ground. Please come back I need you,please let us know if your coming back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1114423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2011

I had surgery done by Dr. Gelbard in 2000. He was to remove bone spurs and fuse 3 discs in my neck. When I came out of surgery the incision felt like a paper cut. The bone feom pelvic arch was radically overstapled and became infected. The worst pain post surgical was my right arm, dislocated from the socket, which was not dealt with AT ALL. He left me in this condition for 3 weeks when I was finally able to "pop" the bone back into my shoulder joint myself! The day after surgery he came in to release me and said "we got all the bone spurs out, but we couldn't get the big one". This rendered me bedridden 3 months, suffering the pain of the shoulder dislocation, the infection, and the surgery did nothing to help me at all. I've been in pain and bedridden 90% ever since. In my opinion, he tried to help me, but should have known whether or not he could successfully remove ALL the spurs or not, which apparently he didn't. I wish I never had it done. Get a 2nd opinion before proceeding!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1114422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2011

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1114427].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2011

I wish I had know this before! September 2005, Dr. Gelbard did the wrong surgery - he put a plate in my neck that wasn’t supposed to be there. The pre-surgery MRIs were stolen from the operating room; hospital staff told me Dr. Gelbard that took them. He said the post-surgical MRIs couldn’t be read- a lie. I purchased reprints of the 1st set of MRIs and took both sets to a new doctor. He said the surgery was a “hack job” and “looked like a **** went into my neck.” I have been in crippling chronic pain ever since, and have spent myself into a debt I will never be out of, trying to get treatment. My new neurosurgeon looked at all the scans, and said that I didn’t need surgery back then- Gelbard lied. The plate is now compressing my spinal sac, and my pain is at some of the worst it has ever been. There is stimulated bone growth around the plate. If we cannot stop the bone from growing, it will compress the spinal cord and cut off every function below it; including my heart and lungs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1114421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2011

Im sure everyone has bad moments, my experience was just fine and I feel much better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1114420].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2010

My roomate had had undergone surguery several hours after the fact. Upon surguery ending Dr Gelbard left without speaking to any family members Within 24 hours he had to be taken in for emergency surguery to have corrective surguery. Dr Gerlbard failed to check on patient nor did he ever follow up with patient. Check his history and Broward County Clerk of Court for all his civil cases including malpractice lawsuits also check the State of Florida Malpractrice website. Highly reccomend 2nd oppionion

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1114419].votes_count ]]