Rate Dr. Pierre Guy

Dr. Pierre Guy's Ratings

Dr. Guy operated on my broken elbow after I slipped on some ice this past February. I found him to have a friendly bedside manner and was comforted by his explaining thoroughly what would happen during my surgery before it took place. In my follow up visits with him, his staff were very pleasant and he listened and responded to my questions without making me feel like he was in a rush. My elbow has healed beautifully and I am very grateful to have had such an excellent surgeon as Dr. Guy!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2442405].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

Did a brilliant job tidying up my torn meniscus AND let me watch on the monitor! Fascinating.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1115430].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2014

Dr. Guy Pierre, the best Surgeon in Canada without a doubt. He is patient, professional, and has a great spirit. I cannot believe the amount of patience this man has. He is in the business of fixing people haha, he fixed my leg. I am very grateful to Dr. Guy and his staff. This is how Doctors should be. He is an excellent surgeon, I think I was lucky to have Dr. Guy perform my surgery. Thank you Dr. Guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1115429].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

Excellent and talented orthopedic surgeon with great bedside manner and pride in what he does. I feel so lucky that he was the surgeon on call when I broke my foot. I wish he would also take me as a patient for a long term hip issue but unfortunately not.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1115428].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

Dr. Pierre Guy is an extremely patient and knowledgeable doctor. He and the staff at VGH were most polite and organized in treating my torn Achilles tendon. The hospital is blessed to have such a nice clinician working there, and this is clearly reflected by the other ratings on this informal public site.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1115427].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2013

I fell walking my dogs and broke my ankle in three places. Ended up in the ER and had surgery with Dr.Guy. I was scared and in a great deal of pain. He was calm and it was clear from the outset I was in good hands. I have recovered well and am sure I will have good mobility thanks to this great surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1115426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2013

I was dismissed in ER at VGH saying I was complaining about nothing. In fact had a compound fracture of elbow. Dr. Guy to the rescue as my surgeon. I had been setting out to walk a pilgrammage the day I fell and was determined to continue with plans ASAP post op. I contracted with Dr Guy that I'd stay around Vancouver for the first 2 wks post elbow pinning, if I could then leave to walk the Camino de Santiago in Spain. He worked with me around this plan and so 2 wks later I went to his office, backpack on my back for a post-up followup.....4 hours before my flight to Spain! He is fabulous! Supportive, reassuring, and an expert surgeon. The OR team was outstanding and supportive. I owe my complete recovery to this doctor. Had been told in ER I would likely not regain any decent mobility, however was back kayaking in 3 months!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1115425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2012

Dr. Guy operated on me two years ago, fixing a badly broken tibial plateau. He did an amazing job and I credit my recovery to him (+ good physio). Although I was advised that I might never be able to run again, I was back competing in cross-country ski races 6 months after the operation, backpacking the following summer, and am now able to run on soft trails (something they would not guarantee). Dr. Guy is a top notch surgeon and I consider myself lucky to have had him. PL, Whitehorse, Yukon

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1115424].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2012

Dr. Guy repaired our Daughters knee after allowing us to see him from out of town. Our daughter has Downs syndrom and we could not watch her in the pain she was in any longer, no one else would take the time and see her as quickly as this Dr. did. He has excellent bedside manner and is very good at his profession. She healed fine and had mobility back within days. The staff at VGH were above average in here care also!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1115423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2012

What good does the best surgeon in the B.C do. If I cannot get into physio (his request). When I should have been in the next day!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1115422].votes_count ]]