Dr. Walter M. Marcus

Grad. Year: 1971

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. Walter M. Marcus has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Walter" to "Walter M."
RID: 2384580
25/07/12 1 1 3 3 Horrible staffs! They wouldn't give me an appointment even after they had received my authorization from my primary doctor. They kept saying they have to check my insurance first - no office had done that before. They always schedule if they received the authorization. I kept calling them everyday and finally after 3 weeks they gave me an appointment. Thus, I saw the doctor a month+ later. Preposterous!!!!

RID: 1186158
09/06/10 3 2 3 4 I drove all the way to my appt this morning only to be told that the Dr couldn't be there today. Alright...but this is the second time this has happened to me. What a waste of gas and time.
RID: 1172846
19/05/10 1 2 2 2 My first two appointments with him were canceled by him as he had other things to attend to. I wish I listened to my instincts and switched Dr's at that time. I always have a problem getting a hold of the office and usually have to leave a message that does not always get returned. When I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes I was very upset about it. I don't feel I was given the proper guidance on this condition and had to wait nearly three weeks before I was able to meet with a specialist. The final straw was yesterday. I had an appt at 4:30 and showed up but the doors were locked. The answering service said they "decided to close early". The office called me this morning and said that they called all the patients a few days ago to let them know that they would be closing early but I never got a call! Staff told me I must not have picked up my phone. I have no missed calls from them and they could have left a message. I am very disappointed.
RID: 1143021
05/04/10 3 2 3 2 It seemed all patients were scheduled at 9 a.m. and seen by order of arrival until lunch. Dr. broke my membranes to speed things up a week before labor began. Then left me in the hospital all day while he saw patients across town. The baby's head had slid down and blocked the water, preventing contractions. Once he came in (about 10:30 p.m.) and broke the water, the baby was born in 90 minutes. He should have come to the hospital and checked me in the morning instead of letting me lay there all day, trying pitocin, becoming exhausted, and I was 39 years old. I was very disappointed in his practice of medicine.  Respond
RID: 1095402
02/02/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Marcus was my ob/gyn 10 years ago, when I had a problem with uterine fibroid tumors. I went to one Dr., and he wouldn't discuss my options--just immediately decided he was going to perform a uterine artery embolization, which is where they put a catheder in your main atery leading to your uterus. Didn't discuss it with me, just TOLD me what he was going to do. I was SO scared, and a friend told me about Dr. Marcus. First of all, he was SO understanding and compassionate! He listened to me, let me ask questions, and then after running extensive tests/MRI's, he explained my options. We decided to remove the tumor surgically due to its large size(about the size of a small football!) First and foremost he wanted to know if I planned on having children due to my age. When I told him yes, he said he would do everything he could to save my uterus, which he did! The tumor went right through my fallopian tube, so he had to remove it, but he saved everything else. He is an awesome Dr!
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 939382
17/07/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Marcus was not my OB, but he was on call at the hospital the night my daughter decided to come out. Origanly delivery was suppose to be normal, it turned it to a c-secton, my first. Dr. Marcus was awsome, he answered all my question and was very supported of my worries. My original OB is great but after my experience with Dr. Marcus he will be delivering my next baby. All the staff at the hospital love him and all have wonderful things to say.  Respond
RID: 913414
15/06/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Marcus was more than helpful and kind. He showed compassion and took great care of us during and after the birth of our Child. We would use him again and again if we were to have more children!
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 908154
08/06/09 5 3 5 5 I LOVE DR. MARCUS HE DELIVERED ME 22 YEARS AGO AND NOW HE HAS DELIVERED MY SON MY MOM AND ME BOTH HAD HIGH RISK PREGNANCEYS I HAD A DOC BEFORE HIM DR. CARSTON STAY AWAY FROM HIM HE WONT EVEN SEE HIS PATIENTS TIL THE DAY OF DELIVERY!!!! DR. MARCUS IS THE BEST OUT THERE I PLAN ON HAVING HIM DELIVER MY SECOND BABY. HOPE YOU PICK HIM YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 871601
27/04/09 4 1 2 5 I waited any where from 1 to 3 hours or more to see him  Respond
RID: 643030
19/07/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Marcus has been great so far- it is a noticably different experience visiting a doctor who has a private practice (like he), vs a medical group where you feel like "a number". First of all, his staff all really enjoy working there, and are really nice and helpful. Dr. Marcus is friendly, cautious (he's ordered additional tests for things other doctors would have overlooked, just to be on the safe side) and takes the time to get to know you. It is just him- meaning that if there is a delivery, your appointment will be rescheduled, but it is usually just a few hours later and they call ahead of time. It's worth it- it demonstrates the right priorities for the office, so that when I'm ready to deliver I'm can feel confident he'll be there for me, regardless of the appointment book that day!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 570388
19/04/08 5 5 5 5 i love dr. marcus. he is the best obgyn i have ever gone to. extremely thorough.
RID: 521224
22/02/08 5 4 5 5 I didn't see him my first visit but the nurses were super nice and competent. On my second visit I met with him and although he's kinda goofy looking, he's funny and cool and knows what he's talking about! He seems comfortable and at ease with looking at vagina's all day. I would recommend him! He's a little rough on the pap smears but it'll hurt a hell of a lot more when you give birth!
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 320111
16/05/07 4 5 5 Great bedside manner; very knowledgable and very cautious. I was in several high-risk pregnancies and he took such very good care of my babies and I -- did everything he could to ease my fears. His staff is wonderful too.
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 412765
24/12/06 5 5 5 Dr. Marcus is one of the best doctors in his field. While the wait to get in to see him may be long sometimes, I do know that when it's my turn and he needs to tend to my needs, he will take that time.  Respond