Rate Dr. Robert A. Armada

Dr. Robert A. Armada's Ratings

I will never recommend anyone to this doctor. I was there in July for my first time. I'm very private and don't like people touching me in any way so it was even more awkward to have someone looking "down there", which wasn't helped by him being so rude! I was asked if I wanted STD testing. I said no and he had it tested for anyways! I called about it and his staff said because I was 19 it was standard procedure... He was also an hour and a half late while I sat in the exam room freezing my booty off for him to give me a lecture about having unprotected sex with my own fiancé(now husband)!! I'm glad I at least had a jacket that day. Extremely unimpressed overall so I've taken my business elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2102194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2011

I have been with Dr Robert Armada for over 25 years now. Starting at 20 years old with my first preganancy, he was the most caring doctor who knew exactly how to handle the fears of a first pregnancy. Fast forward to four preganancies later, he was the same doctor with his funny (sometimes dry) jokes, to keep my husband and I at ease. In 2005 when I tested postive for cancer, he was there to help me through my hysterectomy and give me support that I truly needed. In 2005 when I suffered a heart attack he was at my bedside with my other two doctors explaining each step of the way on how I needed to change my life to be able to get through a very difficult time in my life. Being a OB/GYN, he didn't have to be there, but he was, giving me the support I needed. I drive to a different County to see him for my appointments, I wouldn't have any other doctor. Thank you Doctor Armada, for a supportful and caring 25 years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2102193].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

The guy knows his stuff but he's horrible at making you feel at ease. He's rude and if you have a pain or discomfort he says "poor you" but he says that to the husband! He gets along just great with the husbands but if the husbands are not there then don't expect any kind of courtesy. He'll shake your hand but that's about it. I literally waited for 2 hours the other day, one in the waiting rooma and the other in the room and he only dealt with me for 3 whole minutes. I always feel like I'm an inconvinience to him even though I'm paying him. If I wasn't so far along in the pregnancy I'd switch. I regret not doing it earlier but I didn't have to see him so often like I do now that I'm in the 3rd trimester. His knowledge is great but it would I'm sure there are doctors out there who are knowledgeable and also professional and courteous. I'm so dissapointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2102192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2011

Dr. Armada is the best doctor and I am so happy that I found him! It is true that he does have a very dry sense of humor, but he is still the best! Any time I have had a question, he is there to answer my question. One time I did not feel the baby move and I thought I was silly to call him. He assured me that anytime I feel this way to come in because it is better to be safe than sorry. So for those who say he does not care, you are wrong! In Aug 2006 he had to deliver my daughter early due to hypertension and he walked me through every step and tried to throw a joke in there every now and then to relieve my stress/worry. My baby was in NICU and every day while I was in the hospital he came in, pulled a chair and talked to me about any questions I may have and assured me that she would be ok. He may not be the doctor for the sensitive person, true, but he is definitely the dr for you if you want a true expert by your side!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2102191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2010

If you are considering going to this Dr DON'T. I saw him during my 1st pregnancy he was always in a rush and didn't feel the need to answer my questions. His nurse was nice although she was his wife ( feel bad for her ). Anyway not knowing any better I stayed with him for the full pregnancy. He insisted my baby was going to be big. A day after my due date he said I needed to be induced. So listing to my Dr i did it. 28 hours later he showes up to the hospital when I am 10cm he told me to push and said well the baby is not going to come out you need a c-section. Said that the baby was going to get stuck and he could be paralized. So now that I was scared I said ok, cause I didn't want to hurt my baby. On the way in he said this is going to be a big baby 9-10lbs. My son was born 7'7 normal. What a piece of work he is. For my 2nd pregnancy i changed Drs and delivered my 8lb baby girl naturally. So be smart don't see this Dr! Want a good OBGYN see Dr Alwan! Dont make the same mistake I did

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2102190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010

HE IS AS RUDE AS I READ ON THIS SITE. I WANTED TO HOP OF THE EXAM TABLE AND LEAVE. WHEN A DOCTOR IS SO RUDE AND NOT HELPFUL (NOT EVEN A LITTLE IT’S SAD), GOING TO SEE HIM WAS AN ABSOLUTE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. PLEASE DON’T GO TO HIM – YOU WILL REGRET IT AS MUCH AS I HAVE, PAINFULLY!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2102189].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

I was pregnant in '95-96 and Dr. Armada was the biggest jerk I'd ever met! He called me PIA (Pain in the Ass) because he said I had too many questions. But hello, I was 19 y/o at the time, first pregnancy - I'm allowed some damned questions! Plus, I only saw him in an office visit 3 times - the rest of the visits were with his RN MA and helpful as she was, she wasn't my doctor and I had a problem with that. I had to fight him tooth and nail for everything which included a standoff with me at the Birthing Center (I was overdue 2 wks and wanted to be induced). My mom remembers him really well for his comment during my episiotomy that he was going to "sew me up tight - because I got on his nerves." I laughed, my mom didn't. I have one child, she'll be 13 in the summer and despite Dr. Armada's grim prediction that I'd have 4 kids by age 30, I'm also a college grad. I loved Armada's office staff and think of them to this very day! Him, not so much. :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2102188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2009

Anyone who doesn't like Dr Armada doesn't like excellent care. I tell people all the time to go to him. Yes you have to wait sometimes but he is worth the wait. He is on call at SAH a quite bit. He gives you all the time you need when you are at his office these women who are saying he doesnt ask if they have questions how about you open your mouth and ask them quit acting like whinny babies. I was a high risk pregnancy and he took excellent care of me. I love him he is the greatest. He makes me laugh everytime I go to him. I wouldn't think of changing doctors EVER!! His office staff is a great group of people they do a great job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2102187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2008

I decided to go to Dr. Armada because of this website - most of the comments were positive so I decided to try him...I found out that I was pregnant so he was my initial doctor...he confirmed my preg. and I was seeing him for the next 3 months. Then I started having severe pains in my side...I called him and he said not to worry about it and that it's normal...over the next few days the pains got worse and I couldn't walk - I called him again and he again said that it's nothing major...overnight it got even worse and I ended up in ER - there they told me that I have a huge cyst and they kept me there overnight for treatments...Ever since then I've been seeing a diff. doctor - I am very upset w/Dr. Armada that he didn't pay attention to me when I was in so much pain...I stopped going to him and he never even bother to call and find out why...he simply doesn't care! Oh and they charge $25 to send my medical records to a diff. doctor...he sucks!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2102186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2008

I love Dr. Robert Armada, I had several feminine issues at my early 20's. When I went to my first visit and explained to him all the symptoms he knew exactly what I had, from there he treated the problem. For the first time I felt good that finally a good DR was able to help me. Dr Armada has been an angel for me thanks to GOD first and to him I was able to get pregnant and I'm due this August. He has been a blessing in my life. Dr. Armada has a very unique personality, but he knows what his doing and he is very knowledgeable and he does care for all his patience very much...He is AWESOME as well as his wonderful staff...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2102185].votes_count ]]