Dr. Robert A. Armada

Upland, California Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Gynecologist (OBGYN)
Website:
Practice: Robert A.Armada Do.
Hospital:
Phone:909-931-3365
Med. School:Michigan State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Grad. Year: 1979

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 32 reviews. Dr. Robert A. Armada has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: What Hospite does this Doctor dilivers in?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Robert" to "Robert A."
RID: 1545331
23/09/11 2 1 1 1 I will never recommend anyone to this doctor. I was there in July for my first time. I'm very private and don't like people touching me in any way so it was even more awkward to have someone looking "down there", which wasn't helped by him being so rude! I was asked if I wanted STD testing. I said no and he had it tested for anyways! I called about it and his staff said because I was 19 it was standard procedure... He was also an hour and a half late while I sat in the exam room freezing my booty off for him to give me a lecture about having unprotected sex with my own fiancé(now husband)!! I'm glad I at least had a jacket that day. Extremely unimpressed overall so I've taken my business elsewhere.
RID: 1485644
13/07/11 4 4 5 5 I have been with Dr Robert Armada for over 25 years now. Starting at 20 years old with my first preganancy, he was the most caring doctor who knew exactly how to handle the fears of a first pregnancy. Fast forward to four preganancies later, he was the same doctor with his funny (sometimes dry) jokes, to keep my husband and I at ease. In 2005 when I tested postive for cancer, he was there to help me through my hysterectomy and give me support that I truly needed. In 2005 when I suffered a heart attack he was at my bedside with my other two doctors explaining each step of the way on how I needed to change my life to be able to get through a very difficult time in my life. Being a OB/GYN, he didn't have to be there, but he was, giving me the support I needed. I drive to a different County to see him for my appointments, I wouldn't have any other doctor. Thank you Doctor Armada, for a supportful and caring 25 years.
Insurance: Anthem
Respond

22/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

RID: 1354091
03/02/11 5 1 1 5 The guy knows his stuff but he's horrible at making you feel at ease. He's rude and if you have a pain or discomfort he says "poor you" but he says that to the husband! He gets along just great with the husbands but if the husbands are not there then don't expect any kind of courtesy. He'll shake your hand but that's about it. I literally waited for 2 hours the other day, one in the waiting rooma and the other in the room and he only dealt with me for 3 whole minutes. I always feel like I'm an inconvinience to him even though I'm paying him. If I wasn't so far along in the pregnancy I'd switch. I regret not doing it earlier but I didn't have to see him so often like I do now that I'm in the 3rd trimester. His knowledge is great but it would I'm sure there are doctors out there who are knowledgeable and also professional and courteous. I'm so dissapointed.  Respond
RID: 1280764
27/10/10 5 3 5 5 Dr. Armada is the best doctor and I am so happy that I found him! It is true that he does have a very dry sense of humor, but he is still the best! Any time I have had a question, he is there to answer my question. One time I did not feel the baby move and I thought I was silly to call him. He assured me that anytime I feel this way to come in because it is better to be safe than sorry. So for those who say he does not care, you are wrong! In Aug 2006 he had to deliver my daughter early due to hypertension and he walked me through every step and tried to throw a joke in there every now and then to relieve my stress/worry. My baby was in NICU and every day while I was in the hospital he came in, pulled a chair and talked to me about any questions I may have and assured me that she would be ok. He may not be the doctor for the sensitive person, true, but he is definitely the dr for you if you want a true expert by your side!
RID: 1168799
13/05/10 1 1 1 1 If you are considering going to this Dr DON'T. I saw him during my 1st pregnancy he was always in a rush and didn't feel the need to answer my questions. His nurse was nice although she was his wife ( feel bad for her ). Anyway not knowing any better I stayed with him for the full pregnancy. He insisted my baby was going to be big. A day after my due date he said I needed to be induced. So listing to my Dr i did it. 28 hours later he showes up to the hospital when I am 10cm he told me to push and said well the baby is not going to come out you need a c-section. Said that the baby was going to get stuck and he could be paralized. So now that I was scared I said ok, cause I didn't want to hurt my baby. On the way in he said this is going to be a big baby 9-10lbs. My son was born 7'7 normal. What a piece of work he is. For my 2nd pregnancy i changed Drs and delivered my 8lb baby girl naturally. So be smart don't see this Dr! Want a good OBGYN see Dr Alwan! Dont make the same mistake I did
RID: 946561
24/07/09 1 1 1 1 HE IS AS RUDE AS I READ ON THIS SITE. I WANTED TO HOP OF THE EXAM TABLE AND LEAVE. WHEN A DOCTOR IS SO RUDE AND NOT HELPFUL (NOT EVEN A LITTLE IT’S SAD), GOING TO SEE HIM WAS AN ABSOLUTE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. PLEASE DON’T GO TO HIM – YOU WILL REGRET IT AS MUCH AS I HAVE, PAINFULLY!  Respond
RID: 789547
13/02/09 4 3 4 4 I was pregnant in '95-96 and Dr. Armada was the biggest jerk I'd ever met! He called me PIA (Pain in the Ass) because he said I had too many questions. But hello, I was 19 y/o at the time, first pregnancy - I'm allowed some damned questions! Plus, I only saw him in an office visit 3 times - the rest of the visits were with his RN MA and helpful as she was, she wasn't my doctor and I had a problem with that. I had to fight him tooth and nail for everything which included a standoff with me at the Birthing Center (I was overdue 2 wks and wanted to be induced). My mom remembers him really well for his comment during my episiotomy that he was going to "sew me up tight - because I got on his nerves." I laughed, my mom didn't. I have one child, she'll be 13 in the summer and despite Dr. Armada's grim prediction that I'd have 4 kids by age 30, I'm also a college grad. I loved Armada's office staff and think of them to this very day! Him, not so much. :)
RID: 696811
06/10/08 5 5 5 5 Anyone who doesn't like Dr Armada doesn't like excellent care. I tell people all the time to go to him. Yes you have to wait sometimes but he is worth the wait. He is on call at SAH a quite bit. He gives you all the time you need when you are at his office these women who are saying he doesnt ask if they have questions how about you open your mouth and ask them quit acting like whinny babies. I was a high risk pregnancy and he took excellent care of me. I love him he is the greatest. He makes me laugh everytime I go to him. I wouldn't think of changing doctors EVER!! His office staff is a great group of people they do a great job.  Respond
RID: 693226
29/09/08 5 2 2 4 I decided to go to Dr. Armada because of this website - most of the comments were positive so I decided to try him...I found out that I was pregnant so he was my initial doctor...he confirmed my preg. and I was seeing him for the next 3 months. Then I started having severe pains in my side...I called him and he said not to worry about it and that it's normal...over the next few days the pains got worse and I couldn't walk - I called him again and he again said that it's nothing major...overnight it got even worse and I ended up in ER - there they told me that I have a huge cyst and they kept me there overnight for treatments...Ever since then I've been seeing a diff. doctor - I am very upset w/Dr. Armada that he didn't pay attention to me when I was in so much pain...I stopped going to him and he never even bother to call and find out why...he simply doesn't care! Oh and they charge $25 to send my medical records to a diff. doctor...he sucks!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 663551
13/08/08 5 5 5 5 I love Dr. Robert Armada, I had several feminine issues at my early 20's. When I went to my first visit and explained to him all the symptoms he knew exactly what I had, from there he treated the problem. For the first time I felt good that finally a good DR was able to help me. Dr Armada has been an angel for me thanks to GOD first and to him I was able to get pregnant and I'm due this August. He has been a blessing in my life. Dr. Armada has a very unique personality, but he knows what his doing and he is very knowledgeable and he does care for all his patience very much...He is AWESOME as well as his wonderful staff...
RID: 656216
04/08/08 5 4 5 5 I love Dr. Armada and his staff. I am a high risk pregnancy patiend and before seeing Dr. Armada, had lost several babies. The previous doctor was an idiot and never tried to find out the reason. My very first visit to Dr. Armada's office, he already knew what my problem was. He sent me for an ultrasound and he was correct. He told me what my options would be and totally took care of me. I love his personality. He is very honest and always put a smile on face when I went in for visits. He is the reason I have my 3 1/2 year old son. I thank God for Dr. Armada. I too agree that he is an angel.
RID: 614841
16/06/08 3 3 3 5 The staff is VERY busy and they mean well! As with any human you want compassion especially us women! Dr. Armada is the kind of OB you want! He is a brilliant OBGYN/surgeon and knows what he is doing. I think alot of you preggers are tooo sensitive! Those of us pre-menopausal gals too! Be an advocate for your own body! Tell Dr. Armada "I need to ask you questions"... he just has dry humour... a few of you took him wrong! Call the labs to see about YOUR OWN results..this office does get busy! Most labs will speak with you if your worried about your results! Without a doubt I trust him 110% !  Respond
RID: 588812
13/05/08 3 2 4 5 He is not a touchy feely guy, but he is a brilliant doctor! Dr. Armada has a dry sense of humor and can seem disconnected, but he is VERY CONNECTED! I must have seen him the same day as another reviewer who wrote about his patient who had cancer. He was deeply affected by this patient and having to tell her the news. He usually has a funny story to tell, but not that day. I do usually wait about 30-45 minutes, but I have learned to just allow that personally. Yes, if you have questions, you better jump in with them and not wait for him to prompt you. I went through a series of female issues and he was right there, explaining everything, and very joyful when everything came back negative for us! He will be delivering my third baby this July, and I go into that process with 100 percent confidence because he will be catching for us!!
RID: 559886
07/04/08 3 1 1 1 He was very rude to me when i asked him questions about pre menopause he told me i dont know what your problems are. He is not willing to help and does not take the time to sit and talk to you. He treats you like just another patient.
RID: 525408
27/02/08 5 3 5 5 Worth the wait! Dr. Armada is very dedicated to the health of each of his patients. He was late for an appointment once and told me the person before me was diagnosed with cancer and he wanted to spend as much time with her as needed. I think the rest of the people that made comments about his wait times need to understand the type of doctor he is. If I had cancer or went into labor I would hate to think i had a doctor who wanted to rush through me to get to a grumpy lady with a case of VD!
RID: 507573
07/02/08 4 1 5 5 Dr. Armada is AMAZING. If you don't get his dry sense of humor, he may come off harsh. He is EXTREMELY knowledgable and when I was put in a very critical situation with the birth of my son, he did his job with flying colors! In the hospital, you can tell he is in complete control of the situation and I am so glad to have found him (now that I found out #2 is on the way!).... Yes, I don't plan on being seen at the time of my appt, but I will deal with that knowing I am going to get A+ treatment. My husband feels the exactly the same way and in the stressful situation we were put in, knowing my life and my sons life was in his hands - made my entire family at ease with the very serious situation. Kudos to Dr. Armada and his team!!! love him...
RID: 496914
28/01/08 4 2 4 5 For those women with no patience - find another doctor. Dr. Armada takes his time when a child is being born and I am grateful that he does. I was in the hospital for more than 24 hours, and he was readily available to see us through the birth of our son. And I am sure he will be there with the next one. He is upfront and honest - which my husband loves. He is practical and is a real person, not some Dr. on a Pedestal. Not every doctor is right for everyone - but I wouldn't switch! In fact the more people who leave his practice the better for the rest of us who love him. =D
RID: 492839
23/01/08 1 1 1 3 The wait is always at least 1 to 2 hours. I went in for a culture and had to keep calling to get the results. Took over a week. When a second culture was done, it took almost a month for the results, which were positive. I should have been on meds. Needless to say I am looking for another doctor.
RID: 484847
15/01/08 1 2 1 2 *HORRIBLE DOC*I HAVE HAD A FEW VISITS WITH DR. ARMADA, THE OFFICE STAFF IS VERY NICE HOWEVER HE DOES NOT SEEM TO TRY AND CONNECT WITH HIS PATIENTS. THE LAST TIME I WENT IN HE TOLD ME THE PAP SMEAR I HAD ON MY FIRST VISIT, 4MONTHS AGO, WAS ABNORMAL AND I HAVE HPV WHEN I ASKED HIM WHAT IT WAS HE SAID WITH AN ARROGANT TONE "HAVEN'T YOU SEEN THE COMMERCIAL?" OF COURSE I HAD BUT I DIDNT KNOW WHAT IT WAS. I FELT HE WAS VERY UNPROFFESIONAL. HE NEVER ASKS IF I HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, ON MY SECOND VISIT I WAS GIVEN A SURVEY BUY ONE OF THE FRONT STAFF ON HOW I WAS FEELING, I PUT THAT I WAS FEELING DEPRESSED AND VERY ANXIOUS AND HADN'T BEEN ABLE TO SLEEP, HE DIDN'T EVEN ASK ABOUT IT WHEN I WENT IN TO SEE HIM. I'M DUE IN 5 MONTHS AND IM LOOKING FOR A NEW DOCTOR  Respond
RID: 439399
05/11/07 4 4 5 5 I LOVE Dr. Armada!!! He is awesome!!!! When we were trying to get prego he was there for us, when we got prego he was there for us and when one of our twin boys passed away he cried with us. You will never find a better doctor!! For the women who don't like him they need to lighten up, he tells it how it is. I would rather that than not know whats going on. If you have questions then ASK THEM. Don't wait for him to give you a prompting it's your body not his!! Yes he is always late but don't you want the same attention for you when you are having a baby that he gives others or maybe some of you can time your births for after hours. I would recommend him to everyone!!!! Caryn Stringer  Respond
RID: 422543
01/10/07 4 3 1 2 DR. ROBERT ARMADA IS VERY RUDE!! HAS NO TIME FOR HIS PATIENTS. NOT WILLING TO MAKE YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE OR TIME TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS. HE MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I AM AN INCONVENIENCE TO HIM. I ASKED FOR A BIOPSY SINCE HE JUST WANTED TO GIVE ME MEDICINE, HIS RESPONSE WAS YOU ALREADY HAD A BIOPSY. EXPLAINED I ONLY HAD A PAP. HE THEN REVIEWED THE FILE AND SAW I HADN'T SO HE REQUESTED THE BIOPSY. I ALSO ASKED HE REVIEW SOME BLOOD WORK THAT I HAD COMPLETED. I HAD TO ASK HIM 2 TIMES BEFORE HE EVEN LOOKED AT IT AND I WAS BARELY ABLE TO DRAG ANY INFORMATION OUT OF HIM! WHEN I ASKED HIM A QUESTION ABOUT MEDS, HIS PROFESSIONAL RESPONSE WAS "DO WHAT YOU WANT." HOW SCARY TO THINK THAT I AM SUPPOSED TO CONFIDE IN THIS MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL AND PUT MY LIFE AND HEALTH IN HIS HANDS? NO WAY, NEVER... HE IS AN EMBARASSMENT TO THE MEDICAL PROFESSION.  Respond
RID: 241420
29/03/07 2 1 3 Dr. Armada is one of the worst gyns I have ever had. I have a disease that is very important to keep control of. I was diagnosed by him very nonchalantly as if he gets patients like me every day. When waiting for results, I end up calling many days after the date that he said he would be calling me. Yesterday, I called the office twice my results and was told both times that they would call me back. I did not get a call back and ended up calling this morning very angry. As for Dr. Armada, he acts as if I am an inconveniece to him and seemed annoyed by having to answer any questions I had. This doctor needs to learn empathy and social skills. People do not like to be treated as if we are an inconvenience. Along with his job as a doctor it is necessary to have empathy, some kind of compassion when dealing with patients if you want to be a reputable doctor, right?
Insurance: HealthPartners
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 130040
06/02/07 4 5 5 I recently had a miscarriage and went to Dr. Armada for my follow-up visit. That was my first time seeing him. He made my husband and I feel at ease and explained everything to us about why we miscarried. I went back a week later for another follow-up and again he was wonderful. I will continue to use him for as long as I can.
RID: 123749
02/02/07 3 5 5 Dr. Armada removed several ovarian cyst's that were very large and walked me thru the whole procedure before having it. For my follow up said I was as clean as a virgin 2 years later in 2004 he delivered my Daughter and wanted him to deliver my second daughter a year later but moved :-( I would recommend Dr. Armada to anyone and yes the Punctuality is known to be off after all he is a worker of the man above giving us our blessed gifts as also saving out lives. A++++ DOCTOR as well as his wife!!!
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 112898
25/01/07 3 5 5 My wife and I love Dr. Armada. He delivered our first little girl in August of 2005, and he will deliver our second little girl in April of this year. He is very personable and makes us laugh, People need to realize the reason it's hard for him to be punctual is that he does deliver babies around the clock and he also deals with a lot of other feminine issues. His staff could be a little mor helpful but otherwise a great great doctor.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 69981
12/12/06 1 3 5 Dr. Armada is very knowledgeable but I do agree with another rater that he doesn't take much time with his patients and never asks if I have questions. I was really taken aback by their new rule to put our urine samples in a paper bag and keep it in the waiting room wih me until I was called. That seemed a bit unsanitary. Their receptionist at the window is very nice but his nurses and the one who gives our appointments at the end never seems to smile and are not very friendly. I wouldn't go there if it weren't for the fact that Dr. Armada is competent and does make me laugh.  Respond
RID: 60713
30/11/06 2 2 5 I trust what Dr. Armada says. I just would like him to take more time with me during visits. He doesn't ask if I have any questions. But he know what he's talking about.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 55913
13/11/06 3 3 5 Very knowledgeable and efficient, but could have been a lot gentler with the speculum.
RID: 50000
11/10/06 4 5 5 I'm going thru the "change" was referred to him he was wonderful did a procedure went well I feel wonderful
RID: 38096
28/07/06 2 5 5 GREAT Doctor. Trust him completely. Staff not very competent. Charts lost, don't delvier messages, don't get test results out efficiently, etc. Current location is poor.  Respond
RID: 14133
24/10/05 4 5 5 Dr. Armada is great and treats the problem, not they symtom.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 9851
28/07/05 5 5 5 this doctor is amazing! he is truly a diamond in the rough.my husband comes with me to my appointments, and even in my worst moment, dr. armada makes me laugh. can you imagine in a O.B office with your legs...well the girlies know what i mean, and your trying to hold back from laughing off the table or being blungened with the tools that they use! on a more mellow note, this doctor makes you feel at home, even his wife jeanneane, shes a sweetie too. iwould tell everybody about him, hes great, funny, and very wise about his position. im glad i got him, wouldnt trade him for the world.
* - Rating left by a registered user