Rate Dr. Nathan Schneidereit

Dr. Nathan Schneidereit's Ratings

Having this day visited Dr. Schneidereit's clinic, I found the visit to be a most positive experience. Waiting in his very busy office, I had time to observe his secretary interacting with clients. She was professional, kind, patient and good natured. Dr. Schneidereit clearly explained options and upcoming procedures to me and left me with a feeling that I am in good hands.
Richard
Qualicum Beach

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2542546].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Dr. Schneidereit is a good doctor, he is knowledgable and helpful. The receptionist, however, is the rudest most unprofessional person I've ever met. They only Give you operation times the day before, and when you've been waiting for long time you can't be picky. I was told by her that there was a cancellation and I could be put in but I won't know the time until the day before. I told her that I'm limited by my busy schedule and I can only go in at certain times. She said this was fine. Well she phoned me the day after with the time, and guess what, I wouldn't be able to make it. What do I get from her when I say I can't make it? "Sigh, are you kidding me?!? Really?!" I told her I was sorry but I had mentioned it beforehand. "Whatever, I'll remove you from the list then." Then she hung up, and now I doubt I'll get called back for it. I can't imagine that someone from a professional office would act like that. I'd avoid this doctor just because of the receptionist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2526117].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

I haven't been seeing him long but he is great in my books

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2514219].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2014

I was initially referred to Dr. Schneidereit with both hernia and GERD symptoms. It took over 6 months to get an appointment to see him...what a waste of time and effort! She spoke very quickly and abruptly with me - informing me that he didn't do "elective" surgeries anymore and that he did not believe in the prescribed procedure in the first place! I found him to be rude, abrupt and extremely unhelpful. I was very disappointed to have waited so long to be so quickly dismissed with my ailments. Thankfully, my GP had the fortitude to remedy the situation and referred me to another surgeon that was far more accommodating, had a much better bedside manner and told me he had great success with the suggested procedure and would be happy to do it! Please don't waste your precious time with this man!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1123048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

Dr.Schnederiet is very intelligent and shows that with you during your visit that he is going to do something about your problem and do tests instead of speculating right away like some other doctors. He is great however the secretary is very "pushy toned" and not welcoming at all, conceited seeming really, I understand some secretary's may be busy not able to greet you right away or have the patience to be completely poliet, but don't stare off at blank pages and completely ignore someone until you seem frustrated they haven't introduced themselves to you yet. we are people needing help, you know the process we don't, treat us as equals and not all of his patients as if they are too far below you, some people seen there are very sick and they don't need to feel that they are being judged, or doing something wrong.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1123047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

Dr. Schneidereit recently removed my appendix and he was amazing! Being a teenager, he knew how to keep me calm pre-op, and was very kind post-op through every visit him and I had. During my stay in the hospital, he came and visited every couple of days to make sure I was doing all right and healing properly. I was admitted a second time for a pulmonary embolism, and he was there every morning making sure I was comfortable and helping me in any way he could. I'm now going for my follow-up a month later, and am hoping things are looking way better!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1123046].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2013

Don't waste your time with this doctor.I don't have 3 months to see him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1123049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2012

unhelpful, aloof, and instead of saying I don't know, came up with a cockamamie reason for chronic stomach pain. He kept me in hospital for over 2 weeks, and only came to see me twice. 19 months later I still have pain, and he passed me off to my GP.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1123045].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2012

Still waiting for surgery date after 7 months, I was bumped from my last surgery date and am still waiting to find out the new date, also the secretary seems flustered and confused or un-orginised when I call in to get an eta on my surgery date, my last answer was " just keep calling, I dont mind"

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1123044].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2012

I recently had breast cancer surgery with Dr. Schneidereit and the surgery went well. He is good surgically. What I was not impressed with was the level of service I received from his office both pre and post cancer diagnosis. Over the months I had left a number of messages on their answering machine and actually begged in one to have my phone call returned. Not once did I get my call returned. When I did manage to talk to his office staff I was dismissed and treated very poorly. A cancer diagnosis is a life changing diagnosis and I expected more from my surgeon's office - for example some compassion. When I went back to discuss my additional surgery (which he had agreed to prior to my emergency surgery) he told me that there was no room on the surgical schedule for elective surgeries. This additional surgery is not elective it is preventative surgery - he then agreed to do it as long as I didn't have a heart attack first. Why would he say that to me on my way out the door?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1123043].votes_count ]]