Rate Dr. David A. Dixon

Dr. David A. Dixon's Ratings

I've been taking my 15-year-old daughter to see Dr. Dixon since she was three years old. She was in great need of orthotics and I couldn't afford them. Dr. Dixon helped me. Because of him, we were able to get my daughter the orthotics she needed and to get new ones as her foot grew. He is a very kind very funny man. With a great "bedside manner". He's excellent with children all the way up to the elderly. My grandmother saw him for years as well, right up until her passing. We love that he really takes his time with us. We don't feel rushed out the door like cattle and have all of our needs met. Yes, there have been times we waited in the waiting room. But the wait has never bothered us as we know he's giving his current patient all of his much needed attention. As a hairstylist who works against the clock myself, I know what it's like to want to give your all to the person you're with. I would, and have, recommended Dr. Dixon to anyone I hear of in need of a foot doctor. Our experience has always been a positive one. I love how he relates to my children, and they love him so much that when my oldest daughter was applying for University, he even went so far as to help her with her applications. Above and beyond the call of duty! Thank you for all you are Dr. Dixon! You have definitely found a family of lifers :)
~Arita Simantiris, North Vancouver, BC

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2699290].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2015

I don't recommend this Dr at all! While he and his staff are very nice ... The wait times are atrocious !! When they finally take you in, the furniture in room is stained and ripped, very shabby! But the absolute worst was after waiting 55 min to get to see him, he was in the room with me as I was explaining why I was there... His cell phone rang and he took the call!! I can't even explain how insulting that is to wait that long and then he brings his cell phone in... And answers!!! Rude! Not for me!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2686722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

Dr. Dixon is one of the best doctors I have ever know. He is polite courteous and very knowledgeable. Have there been times when I had to wait? Of course, but just like any doctor's office, you are going to get patients that need more time than others and I don't mind. Dr. Dixon reminds of me of the doctors when I was young, he is a "family doctor", he takes the time to make you feel comfortable and at home. He takes the time to get to know you. I have been under Dr. Dixon's care for almost 30 years now, and I would never dream of changing foot doctors. He is the best there is and I highly recommend Dr. Dixon to take care of your feet, you will be so happy you did. I am. Thank-you Dr. Dixon, for being so caring. By the way, Dr. Dixon is in North Vancouver and I live in Richmond and he is worth the drive.
David Lang, Richmond, B.C.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2669293].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2015

Great Dr, Knowledgeable, easy to talk, explained what he was doing and it worked

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2661283].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 23, 2014

Dr. Dixon and staff are always very professional and helpful. They have always been able to accommodate me, even after hours. Clinic is clean and professional. Usually the maximum wait time is 10-15 minutes. I would highly recommend Dr. Dixon to friends and family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2578080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

Dr. Dixon was incredible. He is very kind and knows what he is doing. I felt a little bit worried about my appointment but he made it so easy. He really made me feel at home and that I didn't need to worry about anything. He explained exactly what he was going to do and how it would benefit me in the future. I highly recommend seeing him if you have any kind of foot problems. The procedure was so simple on my part and very well done on his. If you have foot problems go see him, HE IS THE BEST !!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2532221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

I went to my appointment 20 min. late. I knew I had to sit and wait 'cause I missed my spot, but I didn't know I had to wait an hr to get in. I told the receptionist that when I was late, someone took my spot. 5 patients are visited after I came, how is that possible? I should n't wait for an hr, so the receptionist said that oh, the Doctor is running late!! (what a surprise). Then she explained that she book each appointment 10 min. I told her I was sitting here and observed that each appointment takes at least 15 min. So why do you book patients in 10 min. interval? and your deference is that the Dr is running late. I am going to be late for my work, because of this inefficiency. She said we do what doctor tells us. I saw the doctor was in the corner and listened to us, but didn't say anything.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2524976].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

I suffered from a sore ankle and heel which had made walking difficult for two years. Previous efforts to treat it had been unsuccessful. I chose Dr. Dixon from the ratings on this site. An x-ray suggested the problem. The orthotics he prescribed lessened the pain, but did not solve it. Back for a seond visit and a new set of orthotics. This set has solved my problem, I can now walk normally. He waived his $30 fee for the second set. He does not appear to mark-up the orthotics, as they are about 60% of the cost of a pair I had received previously from a different clinic. As most others point out, he enjoys his work and he has a very appealing manner. Punctuality: I was opening the exam-room door to leave when he appeared for my second appointment. He was late because of the time he took to treat a previous patient. It had not occurred to him to interrupt his treatment of a drop-in patient in order to deal with one who had made an appointment. Most important for me, he solved my problem when others had not.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2520495].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 31, 2014

Dr. Dixon is a very caring and knowledgable doctor. I would highly recommend him for any foot problems. I have had far greater success with him than with my GP family doctor as he has more experience in particular foot problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2014

I had heard and read notes from others about how bad his office and personal work was. So reluctantly I made an appointment to see him. The office was busy when I went in but the two assistants working in the front were efficient, personable and at one point laughing with me about something that I said. Within 5 minutes I was in the office and in another 5 minutes Dr Dixon came in. I found him to be easy going, informative and gentle. Humour is part of his repertoire too. MY orthotics were cast and when I picked them up they were very much up to the standards I had required. So on my visit all was seamless. I would be happy to go back to him in the future.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2442710].votes_count ]]