Rate Dr. David A. Dixon

Dr. David A. Dixon's Ratings

I suffered from a sore ankle and heel which had made walking difficult for two years. Previous efforts to treat it had been unsuccessful. I chose Dr. Dixon from the ratings on this site. An x-ray suggested the problem. The orthotics he prescribed lessened the pain, but did not solve it. Back for a seond visit and a new set of orthotics. This set has solved my problem, I can now walk normally. He waived his $30 fee for the second set. He does not appear to mark-up the orthotics, as they are about 60% of the cost of a pair I had received previously from a different clinic. As most others point out, he enjoys his work and he has a very appealing manner. Punctuality: I was opening the exam-room door to leave when he appeared for my second appointment. He was late because of the time he took to treat a previous patient. It had not occurred to him to interrupt his treatment of a drop-in patient in order to deal with one who had made an appointment. Most important for me, he solved my problem when others had not.

Submitted Aug. 31, 2014 | flag

Dr. Dixon is a very caring and knowledgable doctor. I would highly recommend him for any foot problems. I have had far greater success with him than with my GP family doctor as he has more experience in particular foot problems.

Submitted Aug. 4, 2014 | flag

I had heard and read notes from others about how bad his office and personal work was. So reluctantly I made an appointment to see him. The office was busy when I went in but the two assistants working in the front were efficient, personable and at one point laughing with me about something that I said. Within 5 minutes I was in the office and in another 5 minutes Dr Dixon came in. I found him to be easy going, informative and gentle. Humour is part of his repertoire too. MY orthotics were cast and when I picked them up they were very much up to the standards I had required. So on my visit all was seamless. I would be happy to go back to him in the future.

Submitted June 23, 2014 | flag

After many phone calls to different podiatrist's offices, I chose to make an appointment with Dr. Dixon.First of all I was stunned when I called his office and was told the visit fee was $30, every other place I called was double, triple and quadruple or even more than his price. Same with orthotics prices...almost double or more, depending where you call. I have a problem with my feet, and my family doctor suggested I get orthotics, which led me to Dr.Dixon. The receptionist was friendly, and there were 2 other people waiting.I waited about 20 min before being seen, and Dr.Dixon was extremely personable, funny, laid back and puts you at ease.I did end up getting orthotics,which have been so helpful and I am so glad I found DR.Dixon's office.It's a shame more doctor's aren't like Dr.Dixon, he takes his time with you and really cares about whatever issues you have with your feet,unlike other Dr.'s that rush you out after a couple of min.,I highly recommend DR.Dixon for all foot trouble.

Submitted May 15, 2014 | flag

Although a wait time is often required to see a professional, I feel that Dr.Dixon is an exceptional Doctor. Very personable and excellent bedside manner. He takes the time to make each of his clients feel special and at ease. He is appreciated by so many for good reason!!! A+++

Submitted May 13, 2014 | flag

Dr. Dixon is a very personable and offers his apologies freely for the excessive wait times in his office. The average wait for me was 40 minutes. This doctor is running a cash machine corporation billing $30-40.00 for five minutes of his time. He’s more then happy to have you come back and wait in his congested waiting room for another $30.00. Dr. Dixon is very use to healthcare privatization and takes full advantage. I caution future visitors not to be taken in by his sincere apologies and excellent bedside chatter, which are sales strategies aimed at keeping his office volume at 160%. This doctor needs to clean up his act and start respecting patient’s time. A doctor that has this kind of attitude towards patient’s time is not the doctor for me. His office staff has very poor scheduling practices, which come from the headman, DR DIXON. Its my recommendation you look for an alternative doctor that will spend more then five minutes with you and keeps their office running on time.

Submitted May 8, 2014 | flag

The best foot specialist ever. He treated my corns for several years with great results. Better than all podiatrists that I have seen before. Medicine is a vocation more than the profession for him.

Submitted March 22, 2014 | flag

First visit, the doctor was late for almost an hour. The receptionist allowed people to cut into the line because they were just "picking up" their orthodics. My casting was extremely rushed and I felt that the mould was moved before it even had a chance to dry. $30 cash for initial consult. Then when the orthodics came (about $275), I went to pick it up. The receptionist busied herself talking to her friend/colleague while I waited almost 5 mins before she finally greeted me, as if I'm not important. After a few months of wearing them, they have done nothing for my feet. I can tell by looking at my calluses. Going back next week and hopefully they'll fix the problem. The orthodics also seem cheap quality. Overall, I am not impressed with Dr. Dixon and think others' reviews are completely overrated.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2014 | flag

For my first appointment, I had to wait 40 minutes.the doctor spent less than 5 minutes to look at a very small wart on my foot. He then told me I needed to book a double appointment so he could treat it. This cost $30. On the second appointment, I had to wait 45 minutes. He injected some medicine into the wart and then burned off the wart with a laser. This took 10-12 minutes. This cost $30. He wants me to come in for a follow up appointment. So why couldn't he do it all in the first appointment? Between the two appointments, I had 15 minutes of treatment and 85 minutes of waiting. I think this is his method to stretch out treatment so he can make more money.

Submitted Dec. 20, 2013 | flag

Dr David dixen is a gift in the medical community, I have been suffering from extreme foot pain for many years because of the work that I'm in, i have rarley met a doctor who truly listens to your concerns and does whatever he can to make your feet happy, he doesn't rush you out or talk down to you like some other podiatrists i have seen, he is very professional and made me feel very comfortable and at ease. He is a rare gem and his orthotics have been the most comfy from the many i have worn in the last 10 years.. and I have tried everything. his staff get you in asap, they are fast and efficient,and amazingly as helpful as he is, he treats his staff like family and you can see he is much respected. Dr David Dixon has had a big impact on my life, I am grateful that my guardian angels led me to him. His support and friendliness is something that leaves an impact on you as a human being, and you walk away thinking wow.

Submitted Nov. 12, 2013 | flag