Rate Dr. Cathy Flanagan

Dr. Cathy Flanagan's Ratings

I have found Dr. Flanagan to be very helpful and supportive. She teaches me "tips" to work around my pain and disability. Can't write because my thumb is riddled with arthritis and it hurts to press... try a thick pen. It helped. Can't stand too long without lower back pain...place feet one in front of the other to relieve the strain...it worked. She always monitors the aches and pains that I am accustomed to experiencing and immediately takes decisive action on new issues. She monitors my blood monthly, has got me in orthotics, referred me to a neurosurgeon, requisitioned CT scans, Xrays, bone density, as needed. AND she will even make a phone call appointment to review the results and come up with a treatment plan. This saves me the 1 hr drive in each direction. I look forward to seeing her as I trust her and know she is looking after me. If I need an appointment between scheduled visits, all I have to do is call.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2691617].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2015

She has been terrible and a waste of my time. Nothing she has said has helped. She can't even give me a definitive answer as to what is wrong with me. I have no idea what she's doing while starring at her computer, can't possibly be making notes on what I say because everything she responds to me with has nothing to do with what I was saying. All she does is push drugs on me that have not helped. I've done better without her help managing my symptoms and pain then she has ever done for me in the 8 years I've seen her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2683131].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

An excellent specialist. She helped my wife to manage her RA and continually monitors her condition with blood work and check ups. Some advice is technical, some is common sense. She has not pushed expensive drugs or treatments and choses reliable and proven medicine that is inexpensive. She is business like and efficient. When with her it's best to be prepared and pay attention. That's the way she is, I know RA can be scary, she is not the most comforting doctor but she is very good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2644272].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2014

The worst specialist I have ever seen!! Very unperson-able. Just stared at computer taking notes and I felt like she didn't listen to a thing I said and the stuff she caught she dismissed and made me feel like a hypochondriac . I was in and out so fast there wasn't enough time for a real assessment. The little physical exam she did was pathetic. I found she pushed medications. The suggestions she gave me were for the most part unfeasible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1126879].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2013

I have inflammatory arthritis and I realize I will not get better so I do not expect her to wave a magic wand and all will be well. What I do find, though, is Dr. Flanagan gives ways to help me manage this disease. She has given specific exercises and prescribed orthotics and other supports. I look forward to my appointments because she is attentive, competent and I leave with the feeling that I can participate in my well-being and am not at the mercy of this insidious disease. She makes me feel hopeful and I like that as I believe mental attitude goes a long way to making the days/nights easier. Thanks, Dr. Flanagan!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1126878].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2013

I have fairly severe hypermobility, a condition that needs the touch of a rheumatologist. I also have a variation on that condition. Reviewing notes she made on my file, she knows so little that it's frightening. I felt as though she dismissed everything I had to say. She has soured my opinion on this speciality.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1126877].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

very bad doctor and does not give enough time for full assessment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1126876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2012

I have only good things to say about Dr. Flannigan. I wish she could be my family doctor!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1126875].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2011

Works her computer instead of the patient. Alwasy pushing drugs, tries to get you to the most expensive ones fast, what is there some kind of kick back going on. Whe you make a suggestion from ones own suggestion she doesn't know anything about it but when we went ahead with a over the counter drug, she kneew everything and change our dosage, of course we didn't do and we are doing the best ever with RA. STopped it cold.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1126874].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2011

Excellent experience. I have Hemocromatosis. This is a genetic disorder which results in iron loading and can be deadly if untreated. Dr Flanagan instigated the series of tests which resulted in my diagnosis. Am now in the process of looking at treatment which, if required and completed will result in no effects from this genetic disorder. I have to admit that the physio regimen she recommended for my shoulder has not been as diligently followed as it should be but even doing it as much as I do has resulted in improvement. "Lead a horse to water........" LOL

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1126873].votes_count ]]