Rate Dr. Leon Hilton

Dr. Leon Hilton's Ratings

I've been bringing my son to him for years for his extreme high arches and resulting heel pain. Dr.Hilton is great with kids and a super nice and knowledgeable doctor. He's a very caring doctor. His staff are really sweet as well. Nice office environment. You can tell it's a happy place to work. Totally recommend. Thnx.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2535485].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2014

Brought my 2 sons in to see Dr Hilton after their GP suggested they both see a podiatrist due to their pronation. He was so great with my boys (one who is scared of going to see any doctor) and really helped them. I can say it's been just under 3 months since we saw him and both my sons are showing major improvements. Thank you Dr Hilton!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1127253].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2013

This is the third podiatrist I've seen in 6 months, the second on the North Shore. Dr Hilton is the only one who correctly diagnosed me. Great care, no long waits, and a very knowledgeable doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1127252].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2012

seemed intent on selling orthotics. When questioned about rehab or exercises for plantars fasciitis he wasn't interested. No gait assessment or comprehensive exam. Orthotics obtained and cause more pain than without them so far. Nice Guy, but would not recommend Podiatry as a modality for this problem based on this experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1127251].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2012

I recently moved to N Van from the US and was looking for a podiatrist due to a running injury. A friend recommended Dr Hilton and I saw him 2 times. My foot problems are totally gone now thanks to him. He is patient and answered all my questions. I never felt rushed either, which many doctors make you feel. Very pleasant office and great staff. Highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1127250].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2012

I was not impressed with Dr. Hilton at all. I saw him after a running injury (I'm a Marathon runner). The result was that I feel to this day he just wanted to sell me orthotics and make a quick buck rather than helping and understanding the problem. I bought the orthotics he recommended for my running shoes, which turned out to be a complete disaster. When I complained that they didn't feel right, he blamed the shoes (even though I had tried 3 or 4 different shoes from different brands by then). I learned later that the orthotics he had made for me were the wrong kind (stiff instead of flexible; only 3/4 length instead of full length for a mid-foot/fore-foot striker) for running and actually made my problem worse (a diagnosis another specialist confirmed later). Dr. Hilton may be able to help some people but I think his understanding of running is very limited and, based on my experience, I cannot recommend him for runners at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1127249].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2011

So far so good! I'm hoping this therapy works. Doesn't seem overly enthusiastic about over-booking, which is GREAT! Staff are really lovely. I've seen a sports medicine doctor, naturopath, osteopath, massage therapist, accupuncturist - you NAME it and this guy seems to finally have some straighforward, REAL answers. I'll keep this site posted on the progress of my (2!) Achilles spurs and one Haglund deformity.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1127248].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2010

great staff and Dr. Hilton is a gem - He helped me when I had given up hope of ever walking my dog again - Loved him and both Debby and Christine Top notch service.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1127247].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

very knowledgeable and patient. great with kids! dr. hilton is my favorite doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1127246].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2010

What a great podiatrist! I saw someone in the Vancouver before going to see Dr.Hilton and wasn't impressed. I was referred to Dr. Hilton by a friend, and he was really great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1127245].votes_count ]]