You may also like

Rate Dr. Patrick Ma

Dr. Patrick Ma's Ratings

Dr. Ma has always been a professional ,very good at checking me over and ask lots of questions to make sure he has not missed anything if people are waiting to long to see him then they don't understand the medical system very well .He is one professional #1 doctors in Canada .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2830765].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Long waits are the norm. No doubt it is overbooking. Staff is incredibly friendly and sympathetic. Dr. Ma's beside manner could use improvement. Having said that, he is good at what he does - sort of.... It seems he doesn't remember what he told you from one appointment to the next and when you're hanging on every word, this is an important fault that needs to be corrected.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2768357].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

Expect to wait at least an hour before your actual appointment. Severe overbooking seems to be the norm, which is a sign of either poor office management or greed. Dr Ma is pleasant and competent when you actually get to see him, but the aforementioned management problems are very serious.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2757922].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

My sister has been seeing Dr. Ma for awhile now due to her retinal detachment. She's been referred to Dr.Ma even though she lives on Vancouver Island and has to make frequent trips over on the ferry to the mainland just to see him. She doesn't have a computer so I will sing his praises for her. She raves on about him after each visit and always is thinking of ways to thank him for his kindness and helpfulness. She owes him so much for her sight even though she knows she is a difficult case.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2752142].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Ive been a patient of Doctor Ma for almost 5 years and have nothing but good thins to say about him!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2745156].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

He gave me back my sight. I had a rare disease in my eyes and by luck I got to see Dr Ma that day.l was so scared but he helped me through a very tough time. I have my life again all because of this man. He was not a Dr but god for me.thank you Dr Ma

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2721824].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2015

YES THE PROCEDURE IS A LONG WAIT, DROPS,ETC.
SOMETIMES THERE ARE EMERGENCIES. OTHERWISE THE OFFICE RUNS SMOOTHLY. WAIT
TIME AVERAGES ONE HOUR DROPS ETC INCLUDED.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2597214].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

The long wait to get in to see Dr Ma is worth it. In this case it is the gauge with which to measure his qualities as an Opthamologist and as a genuinely efficient doctor. Many people are willing to wait as they know that they are in competent caring hands when they begin their care and treatment. I am always reminded while waiting in his busy office that I am very fortunate to be one of his clients. His staff is competent, friendly and helpful. Consider yourself blessed if you are referred and just bring along your ipod, and some cash for the great little cafe upstairs etc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2509747].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2506281].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

I've been with Dr. Ma for over 13 years now! He is not only knowledgeable and professional, but he is also incredibly precise and caring. Dr. Ma is also an excellent communicator: not only is he very clear+concise in explaining things, he is also calm and assuring. Being his patient, I am fully trusting of him and I'm sure all of his patients feel the same way. I know his staff well throughout the years, and the team is very efficient and cheerful. I owe my well-being to Dr. Ma throughout the years, and I'm still able to see because of him. I've had various emergencies and critical situations, and without Dr. Ma's knowledge, professionalism, calmness and reassuring words, I wouldn't know what would happen. He's truly dedicated and passionate as a doctor (so I don't mind the wait at each visit!) Dr. Ma's awesome!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1128124].votes_count ]]