Rate Dr. Patrick Ma

Dr. Patrick Ma's Ratings

The long wait to get in to see Dr Ma is worth it. In this case it is the gauge with which to measure his qualities as an Opthamologist and as a genuinely efficient doctor. Many people are willing to wait as they know that they are in competent caring hands when they begin their care and treatment. I am always reminded while waiting in his busy office that I am very fortunate to be one of his clients. His staff is competent, friendly and helpful. Consider yourself blessed if you are referred and just bring along your ipod, and some cash for the great little cafe upstairs etc.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 20, 2014 | flag

I've been with Dr. Ma for over 13 years now! He is not only knowledgeable and professional, but he is also incredibly precise and caring. Dr. Ma is also an excellent communicator: not only is he very clear+concise in explaining things, he is also calm and assuring. Being his patient, I am fully trusting of him and I'm sure all of his patients feel the same way. I know his staff well throughout the years, and the team is very efficient and cheerful. I owe my well-being to Dr. Ma throughout the years, and I'm still able to see because of him. I've had various emergencies and critical situations, and without Dr. Ma's knowledge, professionalism, calmness and reassuring words, I wouldn't know what would happen. He's truly dedicated and passionate as a doctor (so I don't mind the wait at each visit!) Dr. Ma's awesome!

Submitted Jan. 27, 2013 | flag

Dr. Ma is the best. I have been seeing him for 4 yrs. for various problems. I have found his staff to be as dedicated as he is - which is "to the max." I have waited three hours as he had emergency surgery and instead of having us go home, several of his nearby colleagues saw us on his behalf, well past six in the evening. Even retailers don't go that far! Any delays you encounter in his office are because he is helping someone who is in need of immediate care, and he would do the same for you if he hasn't already. His commitment to patient care is second to none. In the emergency room of an Edmonton hospital for an eye emergency, the eye specialist team smiled and beamed "We all know Dr.Ma!" Clearly, he is well respected, trusted, and liked and for very good reason. He is a gift to those of us who are retina-challenged! Thank you Dr. Ma THANK YOU TEAM.

Submitted July 19, 2012 | flag

Thanks to Dr Ma for re-attaching my retina! So knowledgable, and competent. I like early appointments -- he gets behind as the day goes on.

Submitted June 25, 2012 | flag

Very dedicate. staff fit me in immediately upon my complaint of lights flashing after cataract surgery. He said to call him night or day if the retina detached. I feel he is very knowledgeable and dedicated. Still some work to do but I know I am in good hands and am reassured to see so many other good reviews.

Submitted June 1, 2012 | flag

It was a long wait but it's because Dr. Ma is saving people's eyesight in the OR. He is the best for retinas and I am so happy I was able to be referred to him. EXTREMELY knowledgable specialist.

Submitted April 19, 2012 | flag

The best doctor by far of many I have seen. Very knowledgeable and caring in his treatment of my elderly mother, she has had many extra years of vision, thanks to him.

Submitted March 6, 2012 | flag

I am totally impressed by the proffesionlism of Dr. Ma. He attended to my retinal detachment very quickly.The operation was done the next day after I was referred to him. Thanks to his entire staff for being there for me during this stressful situation. Thank you all!!!

Submitted Oct. 30, 2011 | flag

Dr. Ma is a retina guru. Could be a bit more open when explaining medical situations. His staff of Lorraine, Jillian and Agnes are in a class by themselves - strictly 5-star!

Submitted Oct. 9, 2010 | flag